sharetrader
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Tells more about you than about me.

Very very very satisfying to out poseurs like you & of course, Ardern.

Cindy's acolytes are hurting Balance. Be kind.

Something Sean Plunkett picked up on....Ardern had no business setting the election date before she walked out the door. What the hell was that about?
    Plunkett and some Oz commentators I have noted, have rightly pointed out that Ardern has been extremely selfish in her departure. She leaves no succession plan and a Party screwed over by her own internal disciplinary and policy failures, particularly with regard to the Maoris caucus. Why do they even have a Maori caucus?

Advanced Member

By 1% point you drongo - hardly overwhelming

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    She is hated. Without her protection, she will most likely not be able to live in NZ safely.

That said, which country is she going to reside in?
    I think this is a very dangerous post and that you should remove it.

Whether what you say is true is a side issue, and I hope you are wrong, but the important issue for me is the effect of your post.

Whether you intended it that way or not, the post normalises the idea that politicians are targets. Even if we haven't yet succumbed to the madness we see oveseas, I think speculating publically that a politician is so hated that it is likely someone will try to harm her just makes it more likely.

Advanced Member

I concur - see my comment re another objectionable Thread - it’s deplorable.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    She reaps what she sows.
    Nah - we need to stop this . This sort of posting is actually dangerous.

Please join me in stating clearly and unequivocally that violence and threats of violence are not OK and that however strongly anyone feels about a politician, raising the temperature by talking about violence as "reaping what is sown" is a mistake.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by davflaws View Post
    I think this is a very dangerous post and that you should remove it.

Whether what you say is true is a side issue, and I hope you are wrong, but the important issue for me is the effect of your post.

Whether you intended it that way or not, the post normalises the idea that politicians are targets. Even if we haven't yet succumbed to the madness we see oveseas, I think speculating publically that a politician is so hated that it is likely someone will try to harm her just makes it more likely.
    I should have qualified my post. I was just stating a fact, rather than encouraging anything. In fact reading my post I do not state that polititians should be targets. That is waht you have done. That said, I thought about it after I posted it and should have used different wording because hated is not correct. Polarising is probably the better word. She is hated but also loved by many. Probably more to the extremes any politician in NZ has ever been. Key was polarising and certainly hated and there were songs calling for the rape of his daughter etc. But he was also loved.

Jacinda too is even more extreme in the emotion that runs deep both ways. I wish no harm on her whatsoever and would never do anything at all to harm her. I was just stating a fact and we all know it, there are people out there that do wish her harm and that will make her life difficult in NZ. Heck it was already difficult with her protection detail. Going to be nigh on impossible post that.

I 100% agree.

Please join me in stating clearly and unequivocally that violence and threats of violence are not OK and that however strongly anyone feels about a politician, raising the temperature by talking about violence as "reaping what is sown" is a mistake.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    I 100% agree.
    Me too - it’s time to push back at the hatred on this site - it’s ugly and pathetic.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Jacinda too is even more extreme in the emotion that runs deep both ways. I wish no harm on her whatsoever and would never do anything at all to harm her. I was just stating a fact and we all know it, there are people out there that do wish her harm and that will make her life difficult in NZ. Heck it was already difficult with her protection detail. Going to be nigh on impossible post that.
    I'm sure the NZ police are more than capable unless National defunds them again.

Aspiring to be an Awesome Bear

I also agree, well said thank you