sharetrader
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Membaa

Try this, for amazement or amusement: https://chat.openai.com/chat

For the question:
    "What would the best types of investments be for parents investing on behalf of their very young children?"

Answer:
    "The best types of investments for parents investing on behalf of their very young children would depend on several factors, such as the child's age, the investment horizon, and the parents' risk tolerance. However, generally speaking, some good options to consider include:

1. Mutual Funds or Exchange-Traded Funds (ETFs): These types of investments offer diversification and professional management, which can help to minimize risk. They can also provide exposure to a wide range of stocks, bonds, and other securities, which can help to balance the portfolio.

2. Bonds: Bonds are considered less risky than stocks, as they are issued by governments or companies and promise to pay a fixed rate of interest and return the principal upon maturity. They can provide a steady stream of income, which can be useful for long-term goals such as education expenses.

3. Index Funds: Index funds are a type of mutual fund or ETF that tracks a particular stock market index, such as the S&P 500. They can be a low-cost, passive investment option that can provide broad market exposure.

4. U.S Savings Bond: US Savings Bonds are considered low-risk, low-return investments that are backed by the US government. They can be a good option for parents who want to save for their children's future while minimizing risk.

5. Real Estate Investment Trust (REITs): REITs are companies that own and operate real estate properties, such as apartments, office buildings, or shopping centers. They can provide exposure to the real estate market and can be a good option for long-term investment horizon.

It is important to note that the best investment for parents investing on behalf of their very young children would be a diversified portfolio that aligns with their investment horizon and risk tolerance. It's also important to seek professional financial advice, read and understand the prospectus and the management of the fund you're about to invest in."

We started a Kiwisaver fund for our boys when they were born and selected an aggressive fund. Theory being that there may be no pension by the time they retire and starting early means time and compounding interest is on their side.

Chose Juno Funds as there were no fees until 18 years of age (since changed and is now no fees until 10 years of age)

I recently started to do Smartshares US 500 for my newborn through InvestNow. I chose InvestNow under my name. I do not want something I have to hand over to the kid at 18. I will not give him huge ammount of money if I'm not sure he is financialy responsible. I'm planning to give it to him the moment he saves up for home deposit, hoping it'll be enough to at least half his mortgage.

To the ones doing KS... I think it isn't smart decision. There's no advantage compared to ETF or mutual funds and you or your kid can't touch the money, which just doesn't sit well with me.

Guru

Got this today which may be interest.

https://www.goodreturns.co.nz/articl...er+FMA+emerges