sharetrader
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    A person working full time on the new minimum wage and a few weekends in overtime, now gets into the 30% bracket. The Government constantly increasing minimum wages on businesses, that then run right through to all other employees of the business and from there into prices of goods & services, while not adjusting tax brackets. This is just a clever (some say dishonest) increase in the tax take paid for by all businesses and consumers.
    Lets not forget that everyone else in the organisation also has to have a pay increase of similar magnitude. It is inflationary and is going to bite them on the bum big time. I know plenty of people that were earning above minimum wage and were happy about it. Not anymore. They are going to have to have a commensurate increase and the cost is going to be borne by the consumer ultimately. Not a good thing. (Tax take will go up like you say. Tax increases by stealth. No one ever said this Labour govt were not sneaky)

Guru

Who is the consumer? The one getting the wage rise.

Or the beneficiary who's pay is directly linked to CPI.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post

Both of the above as well as just about everyone else in the country !! Why are benefits tied to CPI while nothing else is ? Dumb.

Guru

Wouldn't it be nice if food and electricity went up by CPI only (rather than 10%).

Many businesses raise their prices by more than inflation.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Lets not forget that everyone else in the organisation also has to have a pay increase of similar magnitude. It is inflationary and is going to bite them on the bum big time. I know plenty of people that were earning above minimum wage and were happy about it. Not anymore. They are going to have to have a commensurate increase and the cost is going to be borne by the consumer ultimately. Not a good thing. (Tax take will go up like you say. Tax increases by stealth. No one ever said this Labour govt were not sneaky)
    That’s silly - they don’t all HAVE to get a pay rise. Once again (as happens each year) the sky is going to fall in on April 01.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    That’s silly - they don’t all HAVE to get a pay rise. Once again (as happens each year) the sky is going to fall in on April 01.
    Though going by their track record it's going to be a golden age for NZ this year

Predicting doom since 2017 and the opposite happens.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 09-02-2023 at 08:09 PM.

Though going by their track record it's going to be a golden age for NZ this year

Predicting doom since 2017 and the opposite happens.
    Yet another woke leftist maggot moment - ignoramus economic garbage.

Legend

More inflationary creep .. Who's stumping up this time - Robbo ? .. it surely can't be the bunch of turkey's
    in your back office

Quiet Observer

I wouldn't bet my last $ on it, but I suggest that Robertson, Hipkins & Co are 'keeping the powder dry'. They are cynical & 'consummate' politicians who will do whatever is required to hold on to power.

As a result don't be surprised if sometime within the next 6 months, an upward adjustment is made to the first 3 tax tiers/brackets. Making the sheeple feel good again.
    Success is a journey AND a destination!

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by FTG View Post
    I wouldn't bet my last $ on it, but I suggest that Robertson, Hipkins & Co are 'keeping the powder dry'. They are cynical & 'consummate' politicians who will do whatever is required to hold on to power.

As a result don't be surprised if sometime within the next 6 months, an upward adjustment is made to the first 3 tax tiers/brackets. Making the sheeple feel good again.
    The powder in the northern regions must be all but sodden, if not washed away

But the muddied masses probably still have their brickbats ready to wave at any stupid or
    untoward central Govt politician or nearer targets, without much further provocation ..

Going to take a fair bit more than tinkering with the lowest wage or any bracket sweeteners to keep those
    ones happy & content now .. Labour's largest audience washed out on their lilo's with a further
    instalment on the way and years ahead of even returning many to previous normality

King sized lollypops from Gobbo Robbo's larder of taxpayer funded goodies on order soon or
    is everyone still kitted out in their Beehive bunkers sweetly dreaming about Oct 2023 ?
    Last edited by nztx; 09-02-2023 at 11:58 PM.