sharetrader
Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 283435363738

Quote Originally Posted by davflaws View Post
    We will be a couple of years into this Govt's term (if then) before the Right leaning posters on these forums stop blaming the previous Government for everything that is wrong.
    Of course it will be a couple of years. Do you not understand the depth of Labours wet bus ticket crime management !

Legend

We will be a couple of years into this Govt's term (if then) before the Right leaning posters on these forums stop blaming the previous Government for everything that is wrong.
    Not so. The previous govt. will go down in history for it's appalling governance, meaning it will be decades before their mishandling of everything will be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Not so. The previous govt. will go down in history for it's appalling governance, meaning it will be decades before their mishandling of everything will be forgotten.
    I don't know how the previous govt will be viewed in 2035, 2045 ... I would expect it will depend on who you ask.

But I was (and am) interested in when the right wing posters will stop using the Labour legacy as an excuse for any failure by the present lot to improve matters.

Guru

I don't know how the previous govt will be viewed in 2035, 2045 ... I would expect it will depend on who you ask.

But I was (and am) interested in when the right wing posters will stop using the Labour legacy as an excuse for any failure by the present lot to improve matters.
    To be fair, I think the ‘end date’ to justifiably blaming the previous lot will depend on the issue.

Some issues have a longer shelf life than others.

But you are right that blaming Labour can’t go on forever.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    To be fair, I think the ‘end date’ to justifiably blaming the previous lot will depend on the issue.

Some issues have a longer shelf life than others.
    Yup. I guess we wait and see.

Labour was still blaming the previous government 6 years after they took office.

So what do you reckon? 12 years given all the disasters and crises they left behind after their 6 years of complete and utter incompetence?

Great example : Absolute disgrace the way Ardern, Robertson and Labour just threw money by the billions of dollars with no accountability and with nothing to show.

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/political...uditor-general

Auditor-General John Ryan has heavily criticised the $15 billion infrastructure spend-up during the Covid-19 pandemic, saying the previous government should have ensured better transparency and value for money.

"What that report lays bare is how cavalier and casual ministers were about committing billions of dollars to projects without the required due diligence, without the care of process, without even documenting what they were doing.
    Last edited by Balance; 12-03-2024 at 08:48 PM.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Labour was still blaming the previous government 6 years after they took office.

So what do you reckon? 12 years given all the disasters and crises they left behind after their 6 years of complete and utter incompetence?
    An inconvenient truth, Labour slagged the previous government through their entire term.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post

Great example : Absolute disgrace the way Ardern, Robertson and Labour just threw money by the billions of dollars with no accountability and with nothing to show.

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/political...uditor-general

Auditor-General John Ryan has heavily criticised the $15 billion infrastructure spend-up during the Covid-19 pandemic, saying the previous government should have ensured better transparency and value for money.

"What that report lays bare is how cavalier and casual ministers were about committing billions of dollars to projects without the required due diligence, without the care of process, without even documenting what they were doing.

Where was the Auditor-General while the spend up was going on - barricaded up in his secure bunker
    or busy counting all the pingers on the slate going out ?
    Last edited by nztx; 12-03-2024 at 11:21 PM.

Crimes in NZ reach new low baa under Labour and National

Ram Raid, I’m not sure if they were rams, but they were sheep.
    Te Kūiti ‘ram raid’: Liquorland invaded by 14 sheep during Great New Zealand Muster.
    Maybe they wanted to go to the baa! Conspiracy theory - Prime Minister Christopher Luxon was also in town, did he orchestrate it?

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/waikato-news/news/te-kuiti-ram-raid-liquorland-invaded-by-14-sheep-during-great-new-zealand-muster/UC7WZIKACFCNTDOG66JK4BNIRM/

“It was the nearest shop that was open and they just ran to it. We joked that they must have been after a beer,” Fawcett said.
    “It’s so Kiwi. I just laughed. There were many giggles.”

The Running of the Sheep is a popular part of the annual Great New Zealand Muster held at Te Kūiti in the lead-up to the New Zealand Shearing Championships on Saturday night.