sharetrader
Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435363738 LastLast

A man in custody for allegedly threatening his neighbour has had his Kāinga Ora tenancy terminated, making it the fifth flat he has been kicked out of in the past five years for “similar behaviour”.

Only in NZ under a pro-crime woke Labour government is a criminal like this one allowed to terrorise neighbours 5 times in 5 state provided rental/accommodation before he finally gets blocked out - a Kainga Ora speciality.

And who created Kainga Ora? No prizes for the answer!

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/kainga...FSN6B4AAV2GFE/

‘Be kind to criminals because they are also victims.” Ardern, Hipkins & Labour
    Last edited by Balance; 02-10-2023 at 12:23 AM.

Completely unacceptable': Labour candidate Angela Roberts 'slapped' following political debate.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politics/300980232/completely-unacceptable-labour-candidate-angela-roberts-slapped-following-political-debate

A Labour candidate says she was slapped by an aggressive member of the public while at a local election debate this week at her local Rotary Club in Inglewood.
    Following the debate, Roberts said she was having a discussion with a “tall man” about education policy and other things when “aggressive finger pointing started”.
    “He grabbed my shoulders and shook me in order to emphasise the point he was making. Then he slapped my cheeks with both hands.

It’s because I’m young, I’m female, and I’m Māori, that’s what the threat said on the paper.”

https://www.newsroom.co.nz/its-because-im-young-im-female-and-im-maori

The country’s youngest candidate running for Parliament has made three separate reports to police after her home was broken into and her rubbish rifled through.
    Hana-Rāwhiti Maipi-Clarke said it started with a billboard being taken from her home and then there was also “vandalism – drills and hammers coming to vandalise my fence”.

“There were threats made via paper to my mailbox, I’ve had my house broken into twice, and I’ve also had photographs of people actually going into my rubbish bin to look at different details I have that I put in the rubbish,” she told Marae.
    “For me, that just goes to show how disgusting this racism is in Aotearoa.”

“This escalation of danger is what happens when right-wing politicians race bait and fearmonger for votes. They have emboldened this type of behaviour. Now it is time we embolden ourselves,” the Te Pāti Māori said.

Angry White Men by Michael Kimmel

https://bookschatter.com/recos/angry-white-men

The white American male voter is alive and well--and angry as hell. Sociologist Michael Kimmel, one of the leading writers on men and masculinity, has spent hundreds of hours in the company of America's angry white men--from white supremacists to men's rights activists to young students--in pursuit of a comprehensive diagnosis of their fears, anxieties, and rage.

Kimmel locates this increase in anger in the seismic economic, social, and political shifts that have transformed the American landscape: Downward mobility, increased racial and gender equality, and tenaciously clinging to an anachronistic ideology of masculinity has left many men feeling betrayed and bewildered.

Raised to expect unparalleled social and economic privilege, white men are suffering today from what Kimmel calls "aggrieved entitlement": a sense that those benefits that white men believed were their due have been snatched away from them. The election of Donald Trump proved that angry white men can still change the course of history. Here, Kimmel argues that we must consider the rage of this "forgotten" group and create solutions that address the concerns of all Americans.

Deafening silence with Labour, the Greens and the Maori Party when their kind threatened and attacked other candidates:

https://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/PO20...th-threats.htm

Mr Chong has been campaigning for the New Conservative party, who seek to disestablish New Zealand’s Maori seats, and has also been vocal against the New Plymouth district councils process around the decision to establish a Maori ward.
    In September, Mr Chongs vehicle tyres were slashed following an Interview he gave on a local radio station.
    The attacks are not isolated to one individual either. Mr Chong recognises that other parties have also faced vandalism of political hoardings. However, during this campaign, Mr Chong has never before experienced this level of vitriol, property damage and threats of violence.
    Last edited by Balance; 02-10-2023 at 07:51 AM.

And again, deafening silence from Labour, the Greens, Maori Party and the Maori elite :

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/political...ucklanders-say

A spate of racist attacks on election campaign billboards of Asian candidates in Auckland last week has left some in the community disturbed and hurt.

First time candidate Joe Zhou, who's running for Kaipātiki Local Board, had at least eight of their election billboards vandalised with racist slurs last week.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by moka View Post
    Angry White Men by Michael Kimmel

https://bookschatter.com/recos/angry-white-men

The white American male voter is alive and well--and angry as hell. Sociologist Michael Kimmel, one of the leading writers on men and masculinity, has spent hundreds of hours in the company of America's angry white men--from white supremacists to men's rights activists to young students--in pursuit of a comprehensive diagnosis of their fears, anxieties, and rage.

Kimmel locates this increase in anger in the seismic economic, social, and political shifts that have transformed the American landscape: Downward mobility, increased racial and gender equality, and tenaciously clinging to an anachronistic ideology of masculinity has left many men feeling betrayed and bewildered.

Raised to expect unparalleled social and economic privilege, white men are suffering today from what Kimmel calls "aggrieved entitlement": a sense that those benefits that white men believed were their due have been snatched away from them. The election of Donald Trump proved that angry white men can still change the course of history. Here, Kimmel argues that we must consider the rage of this "forgotten" group and create solutions that address the concerns of all Americans.
    There might be angry white men out there, equally there are angry brown men as well.

There are overtones of a 'Jussie Smollet' type scenario in this case.

In January 2019, Smollett staged a fake hate crime against himself in Chicago and later made false police reports regarding the incident. In December 2021, Smollett was convicted of five felony counts of disorderly conduct;[2] he was sentenced in March 2022 to 150 days in county jail.[3] He was released 6 days later on bond while his case is on appeal.[4]

On January 29, 2019, Smollett told police that he was physically attacked outside his apartment building along with the use of racial and homophobic slurs.[30][31][32][33] Smollett was treated at Northwestern Memorial Hospital and was released "in good condition" later that morning.[30][34][35][36][37] A subsequent police investigation found that Smollett paid two brothers who were work acquaintances of his to stage the assault.[38][39]

Guru

Te Part-Maori are kicking up a real stink, but have a look at John Tamihere and his tweets:

'The more folk like you that target us the more we will organise, it's only a matter of time. 25% of all babies under 5 that go to sleep tonight in Aotearoa are of Maori descent, it's only a matter of time.'

Tamihere seems to be intimating that some sort of race war or revolution is on its way, it's 'just a matter of time'. Scary rhetoric from that race-based party.

https://twitter.com/SeanPlunket/stat...58045368942841

Guru

The vile rhetoric of Chimpkins and Te Part-Maori is having terrible consequences -

————

‘Gangs threatening National

Chris Bishop has released details of threats against National candidates and volunteers, including:

- A National candidate being forced to move house after a gang threat.

- A senior Head Hunters member filmed a National candidate and their spouse in a restaurant and shared it with followers, with an abusive and intimidating message.

- Death threats made to a volunteer in Auckland.

- An allegedly intentional dog attack on a door knocking volunteer, resulting in injuries worthy of medical attention.

- Several volunteers abused and followed by gang members in Hawke’s Bay.

- A candidate had a bottle of beer thrown over them, their volunteers frequently intimidated, and their house broken into.’

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    And again, deafening silence from Labour, the Greens, Maori Party and the Maori elite :

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/political...ucklanders-say

A spate of racist attacks on election campaign billboards of Asian candidates in Auckland last week has left some in the community disturbed and hurt.

First time candidate Joe Zhou, who's running for Kaipātiki Local Board, had at least eight of their election billboards vandalised with racist slurs last week.
    And National and Act? Are they out with the megaphone ? Unfortunately there is no deafening silence from the resident ?

westerly