sharetrader
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

I have used the same DB website on my phone and have done so for years. It's simple to use with all actions and my entire portfolio on one screen. Several years ago I was prompted to try the new site. It was an absolute dog on a smart phone and I told them so in no uncertain terms. I haven't logged into it since. They didn't even have the basic commonsense to offer a mobile optimised version. What were they thinking?
    I don't know what they're up to now but I have no intention of using anything other than the current DB website on my phone.
    If they try and dump that same dog on me again then I'll certainly look elsewhere.

I looked at it once. Very pretty but didn't seem to scroll properly. Not looking forward to being forced to use it.

I had an email from them a few days back saying it was my turn to change to the new platform. I haven't yet and as the DB one is still there and working, I won't be in any rush to change unless it is forced.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grimy View Post
    I had an email from them a few days back saying it was my turn to change to the new platform. I haven't yet and as the DB one is still there and working, I won't be in any rush to change unless it is forced.
    I would predict they will force you. There is no way in the world that Jarden's will want the overhead of maintaining two systems. And they won't be getting rid of the new one.
    While I am really disappointed that the new system offers very little additional info over the old one I would make the following comments.
    It does work OK.
    The conversion process was pretty painless. Didn't take long to do and no errors.
    The information available is similar to that in the old system, just takes a wee while to find some of it.
    When I knew they were making a new system, I did contact them, explained reservations I had with the old one, had a couple of telephone calls. However none of that seems to be reflected in what has been produced. I've had some email contact since and they said that there will be updates....however....not at all confident.

In summary....I don't think its much more of a dog than the old one. But its certainly not great !

I have a Jarden Direct account, which I only use for USX purposes. But they send me their regular email newsletters. This was in the last one, so I would suggest that you do as they have suggested, and email them with your feedback.

Once your account has completed the migration process, we would love to hear what you think. If you do have any comments or feedback, please don’t hesitate to email the team at info@jardendirect.co.nz

Thanks RTM & JaK. Gives me some confidence. I will change and have a look.

Antiquated & irrational t.rexjr's Avatar

A few improvements today. Much better contrast and columns have narrowed slightly. Could be narrower but a vast improvement. They must be listening to someone...

The 'Holdings' summary tab should be the veiw you see when you click on 'My Portfolio'. In fact it should be the first thing you see when you log in. It's the most important info. From that point I don't mind digging further for all the other info, but that comes secondary to the summary view that you want to glance at... 'My Preferances' you can change 'Landing Page' to 'Holdings' but it doesn't seen to effect anything...

One more thing I'd LOVE is an indicator that shows whether 'recent trades' were a hit to the Bid or a hit to the Ask

When they iron out the wrinkles and get the basics right it looks like it will be a great site.

Hopefully the new system also comes with a shakeup of order placements. That was always a bugbear prior. Where order triggers are instant on competitor platforms, for some reson DB needed to finish morning tea or chats about last night shinanigans before they manually placed the order On Market.
    Last edited by t.rexjr; 12-05-2023 at 10:33 AM.

They can't be in too much of a hurry for me to migrate. Neither the pop-up link or Jarden tile were on my log in page as in the email or the screenshots in the guide I downloaded.
    I guess I'll wait until they get more insistent.....

So far I have been asked to migrate one of the four accounts I have oversight. Being a creature of habit I prefer the original website with which I was familiar, and some functionality on the new does not seem as efficient/user friendly. I didnt find a Log Out button either so just exited altogether, annoying if you wish to change to another account.

As to t.rexjr's comment (#17 above) I did change the Landing Page under Preferences to "Holdings" and next Log On it did indeed start on that page rather than another of the alternative options.

You must formally accept the Conditions that relate to the account and its ongoing operation. It isn't really possible to conveniently check if these differ from before but probably the opportunity has been taken by Jarden to "improve" them although I don't see that as a big issue.

Will be interested in commentary on this thread by others as the incremental migration proceeds.

Antiquated & irrational t.rexjr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ronaldson View Post
    As to t.rexjr's comment (#17 above) I did change the Landing Page under Preferences to "Holdings" and next Log On it did indeed start on that page rather than another of the alternative options.
    Got it in the end. I had to delete my shortcut and log in from a fresh browser. Then re-bookmark my login page.