sharetrader
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

I’m still on the the good old DB site. New one is terrible on an iPhone. Long live the old platform!

Guru

If I remember correctly it was about 1994 when I started using Access Brokerage. The site they provided in those early days was great. About 2007 when Access folded and DB acquired their clients the site provided was not as good as Access's but was more than acceptable and is what we have had ever since. Moving on nearly 30 years and all they can do is present us with a non user friendly site, designed by non users I assume. They have had number of clients using it for the past 12 months or so which means they should have had comment and able to change things as they tested. Perhaps they chose the wrong clients to test or they were so disheartened by the site that they have moved on. Perhaps they just ignored their comments.

Do any of you use ASB Securities? What is their site like. I am looking to change but it would be pointless if they also had a sub standard presentation.

ASB Securities platform is antiquated and needs a major update in my opinion. Does the job but is very basic, ugly as sin, and hasn’t changed since I last used it back in 2006. I logged in recently to have a look as I was considering moving back, and was shocked to see just how amateur it looks.

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    If I remember correctly it was about 1994 when I started using Access Brokerage. The site they provided in those early days was great. About 2007 when Access folded and DB acquired their clients the site provided was not as good as Access's but was more than acceptable and is what we have had ever since. Moving on nearly 30 years and all they can do is present us with a non user friendly site, designed by non users I assume. They have had number of clients using it for the past 12 months or so which means they should have had comment and able to change things as they tested. Perhaps they chose the wrong clients to test or they were so disheartened by the site that they have moved on. Perhaps they just ignored their comments.

Do any of you use ASB Securities? What is their site like. I am looking to change but it would be pointless if they also had a sub standard presentation.

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    ASB Securities platform is antiquated and needs a major update in my opinion. Does the job but is very basic, ugly as sin, and hasn’t changed since I last used it back in 2006. I logged in recently to have a look as I was considering moving back, and was shocked to see just how amateur it looks.
    The kids designing these websites are all design over UX. It says a lot when a 30 year-old website is more usable because it is actually designed around user needs rather than aesthetics.

Of course everyone would like a functional website that is well-designed aesthetically as well, but at minimum it needs to be useful in a functional sense.
    warthog ... muddy and smelly

I think it should be possible to have both - functional and aesthetic. I don't need a touchy feely Sharesies type interface, but I think ASB could do much better.

Quote Originally Posted by warthog View Post
    The kids designing these websites are all design over UX. It says a lot when a 30 year-old website is more usable because it is actually designed around user needs rather than aesthetics.

Of course everyone would like a functional website that is well-designed aesthetically as well, but at minimum it needs to be useful in a functional sense.

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post

Because I had a bank account there, I opened an account with them.
    I am so silly to keep my money in their cash mangement account nearly one year as I couldn't find a strong company with great value trading at a great discount to the market. I think they(ASB Broker) don't pay any interest for keeping money in their money mangement account where as Jardendirect pay interest). Finally, I ended up with buying BEAR through ASB securities. For me it was a user friendly.

Antiquated & irrational t.rexjr's Avatar

For actually placing orders, ASB was always far, far superior. As anyone placed an order on the new Jarden site yet? Was it placed on market instantly?

Why are some moved to Jarden Direct while others are still on Direct Broking. I am still on Direct Broking. I hate changes.

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    I joined ASB securities recently and said the same thing. I only use it for my smaller stock trades that don't qualify for the CFD market. But yep its like stepping back in time 20 years.

Quote Originally Posted by t.rexjr View Post
    For actually placing orders, ASB was always far, far superior. As anyone placed an order on the new Jarden site yet? Was it placed on market instantly?
    No, my every fixed price order has to go though an extra step, normally within a minute the status changes from 'placed' to 'limit'