sharetrader
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Valuegrowth View Post
    Because I had a bank account there, I opened an account with them.
    I am so silly to keep my money in their cash mangement account nearly one year as I couldn't find a strong company with great value trading at a great discount to the market. I think they(ASB Broker) don't pay any interest for keeping money in their money mangement account where as Jardendirect pay interest). Finally, I ended up with buying BEAR through ASB securities. For me it was a user friendly.
    If you’re using ASB why leave any money in their 0%/ 1% cash management account? Place it in their on call account that currently yields 2.65%. It transfers instantly when using the app or online website facility to your cash management account when you need it to acquire shares.

if you don’t need instant access but can wait a hour or 3, and a few more clicks you can keep it in a higher yielding on call account at another bank eg Kiwibank or the like.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by Onemootpoint View Post
    If you’re using ASB why leave any money in their 0%/ 1% cash management account? Place it in their on call account that currently yields 2.65%. It transfers instantly when using the app or online website facility to your cash management account when you need it to acquire shares.

if you don’t need instant access but can wait a hour or 3, and a few more clicks you can keep it in a higher yielding on call account at another bank eg Kiwibank or the like.
    Absolutely, I never hold any money in my ASB Cash Management account, transfer into it when I want to buy, and transfer out of it when I've sold some, or get a dividend.

Compared to sophisticated online trading and portfolio management systems, neither ASB or ANZ/Direct/Jardens are any good, they're all very primitive. But for simple stuff on NZX and ASX, they do the job.

Guru

The Jarden cash account, from which purchases are deducted, earns 4% currently.

Guru

Is it me or do others see this, under the "
    quote " drop down tab, there is a "intraday chart" option where there used to be a daily graph of sales, how do I get rid of the intraday chart option?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    Is it me or do others see this, under the "
    quote " drop down tab, there is a "intraday chart" option where there used to be a daily graph of sales, how do I get rid of the intraday chart option?
    I've had a few niggles with finding info Whatsup....Jardens have been very responsive.
    What I am finding annoying is where I have sold something and its gone from my portfolio view...you used to be able to see it be checking a wee box.
    You now gotta dig it out of the movements tab.

Sure don't feel like I have moved on to something better.

Thank you for the information.

I was migrated to Jarden from DB by/before June last year, at least that's when I sent off my first request about them making seemingly simple changes that would improve the user experience (according to me). Jarden are always responsive when I email/ talk to them, but seem reluctant to make any of the changes I request, e.g. "When a stock is bought up on the live price screen/quote view page, is it really too hard to show the total volume traded by dollars along with the raw number of shares?". They did make one change that correlated with a request I made- showing NZX holdings before ASX holdings on the portfolio holdings page (unless somehow, inadvertently, I changed this order myself- ASX always showed first for many months).

Guru

I am really starting to get annoyed. I have 3 accounts. One has yet to migrate. I find unconsciously that I go to that account by default at the neglect of the other accounts. The new platform is really rubbish. I have emailed them, I will email them again. I might constantly bug them on the phone too. Nothing like annoying phone calls to get some people moving. What an abomination.

Has anybody else suffered a real slowdown in data speed? After 4:30 I can't get through at all so no last minute buy/sells here!

Can you set buy stops and stop losses with Jarden?