Quote Originally Posted by ValueNZ View Post
The role of government should be limited to upholding the rights of individuals such as private property, free speech, liberty ect. Taxation should be limited to ensuring these rights are upheld. I'm not the type to call taxation "theft" rather than a necessary evil.

Warren Buffett doesn't believe the rich are taxed enough in the US, despite the top 1% paying 42.3% of income taxes in 2020. I believe that the wealthy in aggregate pay more than their fair share. That isn't to say there aren't cases where rich people are able to work the tax system to their favour, and pay an amount which is unfair to the rest of society. The tax rules should be simplified as much as possible to avoid this happening.

I don't believe I'm absolutist in my views about much, rather I attempt to examine arguments by their merit. I agree it is something to be mindful at all times however, since people are subject to cognitive biases and falling for logical fallacies.
Strongly agree with all that.

To think that most people want the state to educate their children is mind blowing to me. Let alone provide other services.