sharetrader
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    National gutted health, education, sold off state houses.
    The cost of living in NZ was out of control way before the pandemic put it on steroids.

Key sold off 50% equity in the power companies and electricity prices have spiraled higher ever since.

I don't have much time for Labour but please don't suggest that the Right are going to improve social services. Their track record is abysmal in the areas you pointed out.
    The stats and facts do not support your contention so go back to square one and try again.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Switch off the lights and leave the country to the parasites, beneficiaries and losers being bred by Labour for their loyal votes :
    The very finest of labourers and truck drivers leave while tax free property investors with 8 houses remain.

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    I have not once hidden from that decision. You are also well aware that I have zero intention of voting Labour in August, yet you feel the need to continually respond to me with comments like this? It is nothing more than a feeble attempt at distraction. An attempt to get the focus off you, and your hypocrisy.

I feel incredibly sorry for you to be honest. You are so full of anger and hatred. I don't know what you have experienced in your life that caused you to be this way, but you were like this long before Labour won the last election. So there is a lot more to it than simply your disgust with the government. You need to find a way to deal with whatever is causing it, before you give yourself a heart attack or ulcer. Seriously.
    Seriously - I suggest you stop feeding the troll. We may yet get a National/ACT government as full of the milk of human kindness as Balance obviously is, but trying to engage with him is futile IMO.

QUOTE=Balance;1006414]The stats and facts do not support your contention so go back to square one and try again.[/QUOTE]

You are in complete denial.
    Rotten hospital & school buildings. No new hospitals and very few classrooms built.
    Underpaid health & education workers.
    And it's a fact that Nation sold social houses and didn't build any!

I'm not some Labour flag bearer I am a centrist that has voted both left & right and I don't have one eye closed as you do.

It's probably a good thing National sold off a number of social houses, they're (Kainga Ora/Labour) struggling to manage their portfolio and obligations as landlords as is.
    Last edited by thegreatestben; 06-06-2023 at 03:17 PM. Reason: clarified "they"

Quote Originally Posted by davflaws View Post
    Seriously - I suggest you stop feeding the troll. We may yet get a National/ACT government as full of the milk of human kindness as Balance obviously is, but trying to engage with him is futile IMO.
    davflaws - you adopted Maori culture? Remember your assertion that a NZer has no culture unless they are Maori or adopt Maori culture?

Luckily the rest of us are very very proud of our heritage and xdo not suffer from the pathetic cultural cringe like you do.

You are in complete denial.
    Rotten hospital & school buildings. No new hospitals and very few classrooms built.
    Underpaid health & education workers.
    And it's a fact that Nation sold social houses and didn't build any!

I'm not some Labour flag bearer I am a centrist that has voted both left & right and I don't have one eye closed as you do.
    In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is KING.

Savvy?

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is KING.

Savvy?
    And how did the blind know he wasn't an out and out liar as they couldn't see if he could see.

Savvy?

Actually that saying reminds me of Luxon the least authentic person in politics. You cannot live one way & go against your beliefs to live another. Mind you most Christians forget one of Christ's most important teachings. You know the one about the camel & the eye of the needle.
    Last edited by Daytr; 15-06-2023 at 09:25 AM.

And how did the blind know he wasn't an out and out liar as they couldn't see if he could see.

Savvy?

Actually that saying reminds me of Luxon the keast authentic person in politics. You cannot live one way & go against your beliefs to live another. Mind you most Christians forget one of Christ's most important teachings. You know the one about the camel & the eye of the needle.
    And what has Ardern & Hipkins delivered but spin and BS? That’s preferable in your view?

@ Balance:

As an expat Canadian living in NZ for nearly 25 years, I would move my family back to Canada in a heart beat. However, unlike most things in life, you simply can't divorce or rid you extended family. Relatives, relationships and bonds strongly made during my stay in NZ. So my only recourse would be what Balance does and that is to complain about the Labour Party and the damage Jacinda has done.

Like yourself, I also encourage the young and new uni grads to move to Australia. But if you asked me 10 years ago, I would be singing a different tune. Economist Bernard Hickey has also made this claim 2 years ago:

https://thespinoff.co.nz/business/25...ation-was-lost

People have short term memories. That's the whole problem with people when they vote. They have an expectation that the gov't should be giving voters some entitlement. As Milton Friedman (nobel prize winner in Econoimcs) said and i'm paraphrasing, "In the realm of inflation, don't blame the gov't for causing inflation... no no.. blame yourself, the voters that put political leaders in power, which at the end reward themselves and to the lessor part, the voters in ways that only involve gov't spending:

https://youtu.be/F94jGTWNWsA?t=128

But if you go ask the commoner in NZ what causes inflation, they would say something else than the gov't, and if you ask the gov't what causes inflation (particularly the Green Party), they would say it's "Greedy Corporations" raising prices that cause inflation.