sharetrader
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Logen Ninefingers View Post
    Daytr pretends to be politically neutral, yet jumps on anyone who questions his Labourite narratives.
    You are living in your own imaginary world.
    If you weren't so blind you would see I have criticized both sides of the political fence.

I have no idea who I will vote for in October as I don't see any option as appealing or that will be of benefit to NZs future.

However the right wing Zealots & childish name calling on these threads certainly isn't going to win anyone over.

Advanced Member

Earlier this week the IMF (International Monetary Fund) issued its latest assessment of the NZ economy, saying NZ had recovered faster than most other advanced economies thanks to "Exemplary management of the pandemic" but said "generous" government support & investment "came at the cost of overheating".

NZ is in the midst of a necessary, policy induced slowdown following the strong post- pandemic recovery."

With very low unemployment & the economy only just nudging technically into a recession, the Reserve Bank has engineered precisely the soft landing it intended.

All this achieved on top of the 2 catastrophic Cyclones,Cyclone Hale & Cyclone Gabrielle which have destroyed so many peoples lives, their homes, livelihoods, roads, bridges, schools, vast areas of productive agricultural land, forests etc which need govt support to be rebuilt.

Of course there are individual/ pockets of the economy which are struggling, & its understandable those people will be pessimistic & blame the govt for everything, but the macro picture is good.

You can either choose to keep catastrophising & whining & running the country down like radio employees Hoskins, Hawkesby, & of course Chris Luxon, or listen to the assessment of a serious economic organisation like the IMF.
    I know which I prefer.

https://www.imf.org/en/News/Articles...cle-iv-mission
    Last edited by Blue Skies; 16-06-2023 at 09:52 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by SBQ View Post
    She has her own office room that is upstairs in the building complex. Meaning looking out her window she is able to see all the cubicles, and who is there or not or if they're busy talking with co-workers or hanging out in the kitchen. The minimal effort productivity is typical of gov't operations but the pay is not value for the tax payer.

This is why I advocate for lower taxes in NZ because the only way to reign in the wasteful spending by our gov't is to simply take away more of IRD's tax revenue, which gives the gov't less to work with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoZHXOPepWU
    Also the amount of tax raised is not the problem but how it is raised. Neither major party are prepared to undertake major reform.

Guru

In NZ we have scandanavian levels of income taxation at the lower end without any of the social services provided.

Hear, hear!

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    You are living in your own imaginary world.
    If you weren't so blind you would see I have criticized both sides of the political fence.

I have no idea who I will vote for in October as I don't see any option as appealing or that will be of benefit to NZs future.

However the right wing Zealots & childish name calling on these threads certainly isn't going to win anyone over.
    Last edited by justakiwi; 16-06-2023 at 10:34 AM.

Guru

I don’t post to ‘win anyone over’, I post to counter the left wing / (left wing) media narratives that are swallowed hook, line, and sinker by people like datyr. As far as name calling goes we all remember Shonkey, Donkey, Smile and Wave, Soimon, Tories, NACT’s and all the other ‘childish’ derogatory epithets used by the left wing hypocrites.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Logen Ninefingers View Post
    I don’t post to ‘win anyone over’, I post to counter the left wing / (left wing) media narratives that are swallowed hook, line, and sinker by people like datyr.
    What media narrative, as far as I've seen they can't stop talking about crime and other issues favourable to National (while as always ignoring the international situation).

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    What media narrative, as far as I've seen they can't stop talking about crime and other issues favourable to National (while as always ignoring the international situation).
    From the ignoramus Labour peasant who wanted Ryman to go bankrupt by loading up with more debt to do a share buyback - that’s doing things the Ardern, Hipkins & Robertson way.

Borrow, squander and breed beneficiaries, parasites and losers as long as they vote Labour.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    From the ignoramus Labour peasant who wanted Ryman to go bankrupt by loading up with more debt to do a share buyback - that’s doing things the Ardern, Hipkins & Robertson way.
    Why haven't you entered the stock competition balance - a chance to prove those great skills you supposedly have (skills other than posting a copy and paste response).

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    Why haven't you entered the stock competition balance - a chance to prove those great skills you supposedly have (skills other than posting a copy and paste response).

Borrow, squander and breed beneficiaries, parasites and losers as long as they vote Labour.