sharetrader
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    You don't know me. You should, if you've ever paid real attention to anything I've ever posted. But you clearly have not.

The Greens would literally be the last party I would ever vote for (not counting the fruit loop Tamaki party).

As for taking you off ignore - because I am inherently a nice person, I try to be the bigger person and give people "another chance" from time to time. Happy to put you back on though if that's what you would like.

Alpha male? Sorry to disappoint you, but you don't meet the requirements - about the only alpha male characteristic you display is self confidence. You do not tick the boxes for the remaining alpha qualities.

Who are you voting for in August, out of sheer curiosity.
    Point taken on your outlook on the Greens.

I am a swinging voter who usually waits for manifestos to be released before final decision.
    That said, the Greens and Labour and Te Pati are not on my shortlist.

Guru

Which policy of NACT is appealing, unless you like to work until 67, charge grandma $5 for a prescription and lose some public holidays.

Guru

The new GE policy is the only sensible thing there really (it's good to have it "ready" as an option for the issues we'll have longer term but I'm not sure our customers want it now)

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    Which policy of NACT is appealing, unless you like to work until 67, charge grandma $5 for a prescription and lose some public holidays.

Dont forget when the consequences of Labour's large spend & squanderfest comes home to roost
    there might be expectation everyone else works until they are 87

Even Panda exemptions from partaking might need to get withdrawn

Remember that Cindy tossed herself out on her ear running away faster than a speeding trainwreck .. so
    Last edited by nztx; 18-06-2023 at 05:08 PM.

Guru

Which TE GREEBOUR policies are you in favour of? KiwiBuild, light rail for Auckland, 20,000 in temporary housing, ending NZ farming to ‘stop global climate change’, co-governance, ‘delivering for maori’? All of them?

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Logen Ninefingers View Post
    Which TE GREEBOUR policies are you in favour of? KiwiBuild, light rail for Auckland, 20,000 in temporary housing, ending NZ farming to ‘stop global climate change’, co-governance, ‘delivering for maori’? All of them?
    The main purpose in voting is to try and keep out the party likely to do the most harm.
    Last edited by fungus pudding; 18-06-2023 at 07:45 PM.

Wrong! Anyone who votes using that strategy is part of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    The main purpose in voting is to try and keep our the party likely to do the most harm.

Guru

Worried about your inheritance are you?

Membaa

Nicola Willis will be pivotable in Ohariu, overturning Greg O'Conner who has done nothing for them since 2017, and restoring the seat to National. Few of the Wellington western suburbs will be impressed by the Labour governments' two terms, embarrassed even, perhaps having had some part in ousting the independent Peter Dunne.

Wellington electorate is fraught, a constant battle between the greens, labour and national. After all it is the seat of parliament, the home of government. With a (second) green Mayor, who knows, history could be in the making like it was in central Auckland, though the left and far left may underestimate the blue rinse influence in the electorate, especially after an appalling performance by the past two governments, however they have been made up.

The absolute screw up by the greens influence on the cycleways to nowhere in Wellington that have been rushed through and are more dangerous that riding on the footpath! It's these things, however trivial they might seem, that influence votes.

It's a pity ACT have such a low profile in Wellington, after all it's where they will preside should they win a few more sets in government, alongside the blue national, even if in the cross benches. A bit of ACT would mix up the conversation, perhaps make a few right-leaning voters consider their options.

It might be the most interesting election since FPP, my senses are that many NZ electorates feel seriously ****ed over by this government and will be looking for change.

Guru

Both left and right votes will be split (lab v green, nat v act).. best chance ever for third party candidates to win without needing to get to the 5% threshold.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 19-06-2023 at 03:54 AM.