sharetrader
Page 55 of 105 FirstFirst ... 54551525354555657585965 ... LastLast
    Legend

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/politi...IVM45CMBMPUK4/

Son of British baron Alex Foulkes challenging Chlöe Swarbrick for Green Party co-leadership

Alex Foulkes, the man challenging Chlöe Swarbrick for the co-leadership of the Green Party, was fined for a breach of the peace in his native Scotland and has been involved in numerous controversies both in the UK and in New Zealand.

Foulkes, who is a former Scottish Labour activist and son of Lord George Foulkes of Cumnock, paid the fine and told the Herald he has no criminal record in the UK. Lord Foulkes was a Labour MP and a minister in Prime Minister Tony Blair’s Government.

An article from the Sunday Mail from the time of the incident, which occurred at the turn of the millennium, said Foulkes was involved in a dispute at a football match.

It alleged he told the officers who arrested him, “‘You will be in trouble - my father is an MP and my mother is on the police board’.”

Has even had his very own "DONT YOU KNOW WHO I AM" moment too

Alas they still didn't want him anywhere near British Politics .. can't imagine why not

It alleged he told the officers who arrested him, “‘You will be in trouble - my father is an MP and my mother is on the police board’.”

Something that the local She Who rants and chants like a mindless Banshee hasn't got on her own List of Achievements & infamy

Poor Chloe (aka Cry Baby) could be about to be Foulked by the Baron's Son

Now that would be priceless to see happen

Is there some obscure Scottish Hamlet who might feel a bit sorry and want to take onboard a new Mayoress for the hamlet, so she can run away and hide out of sight ?
    Last edited by nztx; 19-02-2024 at 11:32 PM.

Legend

https://www.stuff.co.nz/nz-news/3501...lriz-ghahraman

Police set to lay additional charge against former Green MP Golriz Ghahraman

The former Green MP, whose occupation is listed as a barrister on court documents, was set to appear at the Auckland District Court on Wednesday, however she’s now set to appear on March 20, her lawyer Annabel Cresswell told Stuff.

The huddle of Pointy Noses around the Bar aint going to like that reference

Dilettante

From an Ian Taylor opinion piece behind paywall in the Herald today https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...F3K5V62CSZ24A/, where he mentions his experience with Marama Davidson at a Leaders debate before last year's election. Proves once again that The Green Party is no longer an environmental party and hasn't been for a while :

"That night Marama Davidson hardly mentioned climate - the dialogue was all about the rich hiding their wealth in their back pockets. When she finally got around to mentioning climate change her observation was that those who thought technology would fix it were fooling themselves.

I thought, she couldn’t really mean that, so I approached her privately after the event only to be summarily dismissed with a comment along these lines - “I have heard this stuff before - I don’t need to hear it from you.”

This was the co-leader of the Green Party and, in contrast to my experience at the Bluegreen Forum, I left that night truly depressed."

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    From an Ian Taylor opinion piece behind paywall in the Herald today https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...F3K5V62CSZ24A/, where he mentions his experience with Marama Davidson at a Leaders debate before last year's election. Proves once again that The Green Party is no longer an environmental party and hasn't been for a while :

"That night Marama Davidson hardly mentioned climate - the dialogue was all about the rich hiding their wealth in their back pockets. When she finally got around to mentioning climate change her observation was that those who thought technology would fix it were fooling themselves.

I thought, she couldn’t really mean that, so I approached her privately after the event only to be summarily dismissed with a comment along these lines - “I have heard this stuff before - I don’t need to hear it from you.”

This was the co-leader of the Green Party and, in contrast to my experience at the Bluegreen Forum, I left that night truly depressed."
    Marama likes her tech old school styles. A digging stick for the kumara patch is all we need. It can double as a taioha in a pinch. Of course the cooking over the open fire is a bit of an issue, but it will be offset by the unused rusting trucks and tractors, put out of work by the teams of oxen. Hmm, oxen...methane. Let Marama think this one through a little and we'll get back to you.

Cuckoo land stuff for sure from what’s left of the Green Party.

Ian Taylor continued :

Then there was the quite extraordinary “victory speech” we witnessed on election night from Davidson which totally ignored the reality of the world of MMP.

While the Greens may have won more seats than they had before, they had also made themselves virtually irrelevant for at least the next three years, probably much longer.

And that was the difference that Gary Taylor noted last weekend. “The forum is an assembly of progressive and knowledgeable people - including environmentally aware members of National’s caucus.”

Gary Taylor wasn't so impressed with the fast tracking proposed by the new Government on things like mining projects saying that the new Government & Shane Jones in particular has already a complete disregard fir the environment. Remember the "bye, bye Freddy" line. It was a stupid comment from Jones.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    Gary Taylor wasn't so impressed with the fast tracking proposed by the new Government on things like mining projects saying that the new Government & Shane Jones in particular has already a complete disregard fir the environment. Remember the "bye, bye Freddy" line. It was a stupid comment from Jones.
    One of Labour's big promises was to grow our aquaculture industry. But the hoops the industry had to jump through to get licences for water space was such that the industry stagnated under Labour. Hopefully Jones et al will turn this around. There is a middle ground and no need for the extreme environmental restrictions that serve no purpose, like the recent decline of Ngai Tahu's application for a huge salmon farm off Stewart Island. Hopefully that will be revisited and given the green light.

Hopefully we will see some new mining projects as well. We need more exports in this country.

Advanced Member

You forgot to speak to her in Te Reo. That is the only way you will be seen as a supporter and not as a racist. I also feel the young Green voter has changed as well. You now need to be more about inclusiveness rather than about the environment
    Last edited by Ggcc; 29-02-2024 at 06:57 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Ggcc View Post
    You forgot to speak to her in Te Reo. That is the only way you will be seen as a supporter and not as a racist. I also feel the young Green voter has changed as well. You now need to be more about inclusiveness rather than about the environment
    I wouldnt so much say a racist as a factist !!

One of Labour's big promises was to grow our aquaculture industry. But the hoops the industry had to jump through to get licences for water space was such that the industry stagnated under Labour. Hopefully Jones et al will turn this around. There is a middle ground and no need for the extreme environmental restrictions that serve no purpose, like the recent decline of Ngai Tahu's application for a huge salmon farm off Stewart Island. Hopefully that will be revisited and given the green light.

Hopefully we will see some new mining projects as well. We need more exports in this country.
    Aquaculture isn't the dream industry it's made out to be, is fraught with risk and climate change is having a significant impact on the industry, I.e the massive Salmon farm that failed in the Marlborough Sounds recently due to warmer sea temperatures. Mind you as most righties don't believe in Climate Change, then there's no problem, until it's an economic failure.

Aquaculture, depending on what it is, has also been an environmental failure with concentration of fish poo and diseased fish causing problems. Personally I prefer my fish antibiotic free and not dyed to look right.
    Last edited by Daytr; 02-03-2024 at 04:46 PM.