sharetrader
Page 51 of 69 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    One of Labour's big promises was to grow our aquaculture industry. But the hoops the industry had to jump through to get licences for water space was such that the industry stagnated under Labour. Hopefully Jones et al will turn this around. There is a middle ground and no need for the extreme environmental restrictions that serve no purpose, like the recent decline of Ngai Tahu's application for a huge salmon farm off Stewart Island. Hopefully that will be revisited and given the green light.

Hopefully we will see some new mining projects as well. We need more exports in this country.
    Aquaculture isn't the dream industry it's made out to be, is fraught with risk and climate change is having a significant impact on the industry, I.e the massive Salmon farm that failed in the Marlborough Sounds recently due to warmer sea temperatures. Mind you as most righties don't believe in Climate Change, then there's no problem, until it's an economic failure.

Aquaculture, depending on what it is, has also been an environmental failure with concentration of fish poo and diseased fish causing problems. Personally I prefer my fish antibiotic free and not dyed to look right.
    Last edited by Daytr; 02-03-2024 at 04:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    Marama likes her tech old school styles. A digging stick for the kumara patch is all we need. It can double as a taioha in a pinch. Of course the cooking over the open fire is a bit of an issue, but it will be offset by the unused rusting trucks and tractors, put out of work by the teams of oxen. Hmm, oxen...methane. Let Marama think this one through a little and we'll get back to you.
    I'm no fan of Davidson at all.
    But let me get this straight.
    You make up a BS fable and then add, " let Marama think this one through"
    As if it's real! 😅
    Your mind does wander & I know you believe in fables, but this is beyond the pale.
    An attempt at humour? I repeat, an attempt...
    Last edited by Daytr; 02-03-2024 at 07:03 PM.

Legend

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/politi...IYYHUTCSMZWKU/

What is the Winston Rule and did James Shaw just kill it?

Poor James (on the way out) whines about Winston interrupting 'his attempts to work out how many
    degrees' there are

How many were mislead about the published releases on the Degrees alleged to have been held ?
    Last edited by nztx; 06-03-2024 at 04:47 PM.

Legend

Cry Baby become new joint Green Leader Sidekick in place of James 'How Many Degrees"

https://www.stuff.co.nz/politics/350...arty-co-leader

NZ politics live: Chlöe Swarbrick confirmed as new Green Party co-leader

Any hope for the Watermelon munchers now ?
    Last edited by nztx; 10-03-2024 at 12:20 PM.

Good result for the Greens and Swarbrick will increase their appeal as long as she can keep Davidson in check.
    I don't agree with all her views, but she is highly intelligent and has a lot of integrity which is a pretty good base.
    Hopefully she can gee up the youth vote which could be decisive in any election if they actually turned out to vote.

Advanced Member

Phew, 2 wahine Greens to hold the coalition to account now eh?

The coalies won't mined will they?

Quote Originally Posted by Getty View Post
    Phew, 2 wahine Greens to hold the coalition to account now eh?

The coalies won't mined will they?
    Swarbrick is sharp and an eloquent speaker.
    She has gone head to head with David Seymour and Winston Peters on many occasions and more than held her own.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    She has gone head to head with David Seymour and Winston Peters on many occasions and more than held her own.
    Well said,the future can be more humanitarian with her around kicking against the moneymakers.

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    If she is an eloquent speaker then the bar has been well and truly lowered. Waffle more like, similar to Ardern. Plenty of noise. Not much substance.

Quote Originally Posted by ynot View Post
    If she is an eloquent speaker then the bar has been well and truly lowered. Waffle more like, similar to Ardern. Plenty of noise. Not much substance.
    Same Swarbrick who thought the Greens won on election night and gave a victory speech! She woke up the next morning and realized her party was out of government. Delusional and full of BS & spin - exactly like Clueless Cindy.

“From Wellington to Auckland city Ponsonby, our clothings will be free!”

Can’t even take care of one of their own, Golriz, and she thinks she can take care of NZ!
    Last edited by Balance; 11-03-2024 at 07:22 AM.