sharetrader
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    Guru

Thumbs down Should the Green Party have a name change , if so to what ?

IMHO the Green Party has lost its way, it has been taken over by the loony left and has lost its green credentials, nowadays it more of a Envy Party and has nothing to do with the green values that its founders stood for.

So sad so very sad, I bet that Janette Fitzwhoever would turn in her grave every time that she reads the B S that they now publish.

I don't know so much. They seem pretty Green to me, to the point of being extremist Green. Years ago they, were grounded in reality and might have got my vote. These days they feel like an obsessive party, with no idea how to find a balance between protecting the environment, and realistically allowing us to still live our lives. They will never get my vote while they are so tunnel visioned.

New name : Maori Party ll

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    IMHO the Green Party has lost its way, it has been taken over by the loony left and has lost its green credentials, nowadays it more of a Envy Party and has nothing to do with the green values that its founders stood for.

So sad so very sad, I bet that Janette Fitzwhoever would turn in her grave every time that she reads the B S that they now publish.
    Yes, they should. Their social policies scare the hell out of me.
    Social Democrats ?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    I don't know so much. They seem pretty Green to me, to the point of being extremist Green. Years ago they, were grounded in reality and might have got my vote. These days they feel like an obsessive party, with no idea how to find a balance between protecting the environment, and realistically allowing us to still live our lives. They will never get my vote while they are so tunnel visioned.
    Agree, I may not have always agreed with Jeaneatte Fitsimons and Rod Donald but they stood for their principles. I could admire that.

This lot, not sure what is going on.

The Communist Party

Guru

National is not National, act doesn’t want to act, labour is not for the workers today.

Only NZ first lives up to its name.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Agree, I may not have always agreed with Jeaneatte Fitsimons and Rod Donald but they stood for their principles. I could admire that.

This lot, not sure what is going on.
    Pretty much same here. Shaw got rid of a lot of the old guard who had a clear vision and had been on the front line of the fight for the environment.
    I do have a lot of time for Eugenie Sage, but I think she is retiring at the election. I don't mind Chloe either. Certainly some areas I don't agree with, but she's intelligent, articulate & passionate. Should be the co-leader rather than Davidson.
    Last edited by Daytr; 12-07-2023 at 07:34 AM.

Guru

Surely it must be ‘The Watermelon Party’.

Advanced Member

From what I & others are hearing, young people are going to vote for the Greens in droves.
    They're fed up with the huge inter generational inequality of wealth & the policies of both main parties & ACT to protect the wealth & privilege of the older generations.

While the older generation have enjoyed free university education & massive tax free capital gains, things like Super Gold card freebees & Superannuation, plus having stuffed the environment & climate, they've got huge student debt, locked out of the housing market, facing a climate crisis etc.

Hipkin's announcement today of ruling out any Capital Gains or Wealth tax, & National's raising the age of Superannuation & re-igniting the housing investor market & protecting landlords is only going to exacerbate this trend.