sharetrader
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Entrep View Post
    What's actually wrong with Seymour?
    His party stands for every person for themselves. NZ used to have communal values where we knew we had a responsibility to ensure people were looked after and could afford a roof over their heads and food on the table. It's neoliberalism on steroids.

Both of the last two Governments, National & Labour have let these things slip dramatically. However the last 2 - 3 years has been driven by a global event that has impacted all countries.

Under ACT we won't have the tax revenue to fund health, education, policing. You name it, every Government function will be under funded under ACT. Their tax policy is lunacy and will bankrupt the Government.

All it will do is let the already wealthy get richer and they can afford private health etc so they don't care about social services. National left hospitals & schools to rot, they under funded road maintenance and we are now seeing the results.

Unfortunately we are bereft of good sound political leadership in NZ on either side of the political fence.
    Last edited by Daytr; 18-07-2023 at 01:04 PM.

Guru

I was waiting for the cliched cry of ‘neoliberalism!’ and there it is…in fact, it's ‘on steroids’ in Daytrs fevered imagination. Apparently we will have a society where its ‘everyone for themselves’ and there will be no money for health or education. Turn it up, I’d expect this kind of scaremongering from a marxist pamphlet, not from a neutral.

Imagine a society where it’s ‘everyone for themselves’, where Iwi try to capture as much treasure from ‘The Crown’ as they can & look to go their own way, where desperate citizens battle criminal gangs and ram raiders while police look to enforce the law ‘by consent’, where hospital bureaucracy and reforms swallow billions while waiting lists lengthen, where our credit rating is threatened by a finance minister addicted to borrowing and spending….hey, that’s the country / society Labour have already created!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    His party stands for every person for themselves. NZ used to have communal values where we knew we had a responsibility to ensure people were looked after and could afford a roof over their heads and food on the table. It's neoliberalism on steroids.

Both of the last two Governments, National & Labour have let these things slip dramatically. However the last 2 - 3 years has been driven by a global event that has impacted all countries.

Under ACT we won't have the tax revenue to fund health, education, policing. You name it, every Government function will be under funded under ACT. Their tax policy is lunacy and will bankrupt the Government.

All it will do is let the already wealthy get richer and they can afford private health etc so they don't care about social services. National left hospitals & schools to rot, they under funded road maintenance and we are now seeing the results.

Unfortunately we are bereft of good sound political leadership in NZ on either side of yhe political fence.
    National left hospitals & schools to rot, they under funded road maintenance and we are now seeing the results.

————

Garbage. Just stale and tired Labour party propaganda. After 6 years you are still blaming National for all Labours SNAFU’s. Labour and the Greens harshly criticised National for spending money on roads btw…it was bad for the climate or something. (What will the electric cars drive on if we don’t have good roads?)

Quote Originally Posted by Logen Ninefingers View Post
    National left hospitals & schools to rot, they under funded road maintenance and we are now seeing the results.

————

Garbage. Just stale and tired Labour party propaganda. After 6 years you are still blaming National for all Labours SNAFU’s. Labour and the Greens harshly criticised National for spending money on roads btw…it was bad for the climate or something. (What will the electric cars drive on if we don’t have good roads?)
    Complete denial of the facts.
    The one of the biggest differences on here and it will be apparent to anyone who has an open mind is I accept Labour have been poor & very poor in some areas but they have also achieved some traction in others.

Whereas the right wing trolls on here are completely unbalanced & one eyed.
    They give no credit where it is due, ever.

You are just propaganda machines for the Nats or ACT.
    I wish Luxon had a spine, I wish he cared about the environment, but it's obvious he is in it for the power & legacy the prime ministership provides. Sad, sad times for NZ.

Guru

The one of the biggest differences on here and it will be apparent to anyone who has an open mind is I accept Labour have been poor & very poor in some areas but they have also achieved some traction in others.

I wish Luxon had a spine, I wish he cared about the environment, but it's obvious he is in it for the power & legacy the prime ministership provides. Sad, sad times for NZ.
    You’re the one talking rot about ‘left schools to rot’. Where? Provide an example? And what responsibility would you assign to the school board, caretaker, Ministry of Education for such purported ‘rot’? Everyone else is apparently a propagandist except you, and yet here you are regurgitating the most hackneyed Labour talking points.

Labour have ‘achieved some traction’(?)
    Really?
    With what?

12,000 new state houses built by Labour?

350% increase in state housing waiting list is the real truth.

Guru

‘I wish Luxon had a spine, I wish he cared about the environment’

———

So you’ll be voting for that purported environmentalist party ‘The Greens’ then?

Quote Originally Posted by Logen Ninefingers View Post
    You’re the one talking rot about ‘left schools to rot’. Where? Provide an example? And what responsibility would you assign to the school board, caretaker, Ministry of Education for such purported ‘rot’? Everyone else is apparently a propagandist except you, and yet here you are regurgitating the most hackneyed Labour talking points.

Labour have ‘achieved some traction’(?)
    Really?
    With what?
    Straight off the bat, Northland College. There are plenty of others.
    Hospitals left to rot, Middlemore, Whangarei, Starship & Auckland Women's and they are just the ones I am aware of without any digging.

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-zealand/2018/10/starship-hospital-no-longer-fit-for-purpose-new-dhb-report-reveals.html

Nice try re caretakers. What BS.
    Last edited by Daytr; 18-07-2023 at 03:00 PM.

Straight off the bat, Northland College. There are plenty of others.
    Hospitals left to rot, Middlemore, Whangarei, Starship & Auckland Women's and they are just the ones I am aware of without any digging.

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-z...t-reveals.html

Nice try re caretakers. What BS.
    Same garbage as :

12,000 new state houses built by Labour?

350% increase in state housing waiting list is the real truth.

Here's another school left to rot, Hutt Valley

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-z...lassrooms.html