sharetrader
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    Yes there is, to keep out NACT. So worth it.

Do we want wayne brown style governance on a national level.

still better than Labour's ongoing conveyor belt of disgraced Incompetents shot out the side door

the way things are going, they will be wanting to borrow people's garden gnomes to make up front bench numbers soon

Quote Originally Posted by SBQ View Post
    I don't understand your post and my previous post is clearly not 'lala land'. They were factual and I know it would be hard for you to accept the lies (or how Labour Party backsteps and never achieved any of the outcomes they campaigned on).

What amazes me is how stupid the Labour Party voters were in how Jacinda lied to them, and come 2nd term election, they voted for her again. I have very myopic eyes so i'm pretty much blind without my glasses. But to see how Labour supporters have been duped is some kind of special blindness if you ask me :O
    Sorry I wasn't referring to you SBQ, but NZTX & Balance

But this is to you. So any politician that doesn't follow through on a something they said once upon a time is a lie? Then they are all liars.
    In the first term NZF definitely put a halt to a full CGT.
    So instead we got a quazi CGT with the brightline test & the withdrawal of interest tax deductions against investment properties. So it was something & it certainly reigned in the house flippers & speculators. But I to wish she had followed through with it. The polling apparently said they wouldn't elected if the carried through with it. Imo if they had offered something in return I.e a tax break for lower income workers then that may have swung it.

The 2nd term was a resounding victory on the back of her courageous & strong leadership through the pandemic.
    I believe she had to go when she did also as she couldn't seem to move on from crisis mode & she either didn't want to or couldn't stand up to the Maori caucus.

But for all the haters out there, they are a bunch of ungrateful weak minded hypocrite ls who sit behind keyboards.

Ardern & her team saved thousands of lives during the pandemic and how many prime ministers can say that. She was a leader for the time & was brilliant in a crisis and she faced many, however like Churchill after WWII once the war was won we needed a different approach.
    Last edited by Daytr; 16-07-2023 at 07:17 PM.

As Chris Trotter, long time left winger, wrote : "This sort of leader, once they have made their “call”, can no longer be persuaded, or outvoted. They can only be deposed."

Here's one more of Labour's own (ex-advisor to Senior Revenue Minister David Parker) with his scathing assessment of Hipkins' captain call on the wealth tax and CGT :

https://www.stuff.co.nz/opinion/3009...rer-tax-system

"What has really dispirited them, and probably Finance Minister Grant Robertson and Revenue Minister David Parker too, is Hipkins’ refusal to countenance a CGT or a wealth tax, not just now but at any future date."

" ....... the remainder of Hipkins’ Volley from Vilnius took things to another level. Many have long felt thwarted by former leader Jacinda Ardern’s “not while I am PM” pledge on CGT.

They hoped Ardern’s exit had cleared that roadblock. But Hipkins, it transpired, was not a way around the blockage but an even bigger rock in the road. Furthermore, he tripled-down. Not only did he nix the Budget package, but he is also refusing to countenance reviving it for the election and added a wealth tax to Ardern’s CGT no-go."

"He probably also needs to rebuild damaged bridges inside the party, and not just with rank-and-file activists. Robertson was diplomatic, but his statement that while he backed a wealth tax, he was “a team player” required no translation."

Last edited by Balance; 16-07-2023 at 05:21 PM.

deleted deleted
    Last edited by Balance; 16-07-2023 at 07:46 PM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    Sorry I wasn't referring to you SBQ, but NZTX & Balance

But this is to you. So any politician that doesn't follow through on a something they said once upon a time is a lie? Then they are all liars.
    In the first term NZF definitely put a halt to a full CGT.
    So instead we got a quazi CGT with the brightline test & the withdrawal of interest tas deductions against investment properties. So it was something & it certainly reigned in the house flippers & speculators. But I to wish she had followed through with it. The polling apparently said they wouldn't elected if the carried through with it. Imo if they had offered something in return I.e a tax break for lower income workers then that may have swung it.

The 2nd term was a resounding victory on the back of her courageous & strong leadership through the pandemic.
    I believe she had to go when she did also as she couldn't seem to move on from crisis mode & she either didn't want to or couldn't stand up to the Maori caucus.

But for all the haters out there, they are a bunch of ungrateful weak minded hypocrite ls who sit behind keyboards.

Ardern & her team saved thousands of lives during the pandemic and how many prime ministers can say that. She was a leader for the time & was brilliant in a crisis and she faced many, however like Churchill after WWII once the war was won we needed a different approach.

How many largely ignored Covid Patients & mounting toll of continuing Covid deaths are there now ?

Quite a few .. and Labour's mob conveniently dont make mention of that now

Why is that Crisis being ignored by a Labour Goon Show who loved every Crisis they could lay their greasy paws on for mileage .. until the mounting Crisis Toll started showing them up for a clue devoid, talent devoid, shallow mob of nincompoops who emptied the tin and p!ssed it and borrowed billions more up against the wall with nothing to show for it ?

No prizes for seeing who really is in Lala Land and denial mode despite all the telling signs reported daily of a Labour trainwreck in progress once again, with no viable forward plans to extract the wreck out of the deep chasm without "Tax you more' .. Yes Labour - the mob who have landed all right in to it .. now saying they want the loyal to let them back in to have another wallow around in the muck for more of same very little achieved and further destruction ..

Everyone enjoying Labour's Crime wave & paying the hiked up prices for it ? .. Many examples here --
    https://www.sharetrader.co.nz/showth...-Labour/page13

Remember next time out Grocery Shopping, Gasing Up or navigating the vast array of Pot Holes - just who the bunch of incompetent clowns were who allowed things to disintegrate in the disgusting shambles you see around you now

Labour - the mob of twits who landed all right in it
    Last edited by nztx; 16-07-2023 at 05:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nztx View Post
    How many largely ignored Covid Patients & mounting toll of continuing Covid deaths are there now ?

Why is that Crisis being ignored by a Labour Goon Show who loved every Crisis they could lay their greasy paws on for mileage .. until the mounting Crisis Toll started showing them up for a clue devoid, talent devoid, shallow mob of nincompoops who emptied the tin and p!ssed it and borrowed billions more up against the wall with nothing to show for it ?

No prizes for seeing who really is in Lala Land and denial mode despite all the telling signs reported daily of a Labour trainwreck in progress once again, with no viable forward plans to extract the wreck out of the deep chasm without "Tax you more' .. Yes Labour - the mob who have landed all right in to it .. now saying they want the loyal to let them back in to have another wallow around in the muck for more of same very little achieved and further destruction ..

Everyone enjoying Labour's Crime wave & paying the hiked up prices for it ? .. Many examples here --

Remember next time out Grocery Shopping, Gasing Up or navigating the vast array of Pot Holes - just who the bunch of incompetent clowns were who allowed things to disintegrate in the disgusting shambles you see around you now

Covid is now endemic not pandemic. Labour & the team did their job in protecting the nation until the vaccination rollout and NZs vaccination rates were very high.

What do you propose they do now?
    More importantly what are National proposing to do?
    I haven't heard Luxon mention Covid.
    God help us if National had been in charge when Covid hit, they wanted business as usual.
    They wanted to reopen the borders early.
    Anyway we rightly so should be moving on from the pandemic.

I don't particularly want Labour retained.
    Unfortunately the alternative is just worse and that's saying something.
    Labour stuff up, they squander money, they under deliver constantly. I get all of that.
    But National, or ACT even more so, don't want to even try to resolve inequality in NZ and it will just keep worsening under an NACT coalition.

I do concede under National they are likely to be tougher on crime, but Labour finally seem to have come around to their failing in this area as well. But just being tough on criminals is only a short term solution that creates longer term issues. There has to be a longer term sustainable plan as well.
    Either way I agree the crime wave we have witnessed since the pandemic can't be allowed to continue.

Quote Originally Posted by nztx View Post

Here's Sir Ian Taylor's take on the COVID disastrous response after the initial first lockdown by Clueless Cindy :

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...E4AWANFNBSYE4/

He’s clearly still scarred by his experience with the Labour Government during Covid and their reaction – or lack of action – over his regular Herald columns that urged Jacinda Ardern to use the “bench” for the “team of five million” by bringing in businesspeople and experts to help advance New Zealand’s response to the pandemic, including safe, innovative methods to reopen the borders faster.

At lunchtime on September 12, we published the first of his columns. It was headlined: “Prime Minister, it’s time to bring on the bench in the fight against Delta”.

Over coming weeks and with more columns, Taylor’s frustrations grew, along with those of a sizeable percentage of Kiwis who were finding themselves locked in or out of New Zealand, unable to see family members for the likes of funerals and other milestone events.

Taylor pushed for proper testing, which, he says, would have not only helped with the border issues but avoided the likes of valuable teachers and doctors being lost to their professions because of mandates. He is not, by any means, an anti-vaxxer: one of his visions was for New Zealand to create a vaccine itself that we could export.

Taylor could not understand why politicians and bureaucrats were either too slow to react, or not responding at all.

“She had a wonderful vision... but in my opinion just totally lacked the skills to make it happen and there’s nothing wrong with that. There are a lot of things I can’t do either.

“You started to see the health [response] had taken over entirely and that was the thing that fired me up.”

He says his overriding conclusion from the Covid response was a lack of leadership.

“Everyone talks about leadership and strong leadership but – and this isn’t an attack – it was easy.

“When you’re in a country at the bottom of the world surrounded by water, the easiest thing to do is lock it, especially if you’re the Government. You just say lock all the doors.

“That’s not leadership, that’s the power you’ve got.”

That approach was right for the first lockdown; by the time of the second, there should have been systems in place to get stranded Kiwis home, he says.

“But instead it was this medical-driven thing that says do not open the border. Those people over there, they’re not Kiwis anymore. You know, they’re all on the waka together except for the ones we left stranded.”

And make no mistake about the Greens & the Maori Party rejoicing in Hipkins' Captain call :

"The prime minister and his inner circle clearly hope they struck the election mother lode by ruling out a wealth tax or a capital gains tax on his watch.

After being taunted over tax, election upon election, they have decided a pre-emptive denial is the best way to neuter National’s most potent attack line.

That may be magical thinking.

The Greens and Te Pāti Māori are doing their best to keep the issue alive, by refusing to pledge fealty to Chris Hipkins’ pledge. They will likely keep that going until the election, given it can fatten their vote at the expense of Labour."

So on election day, expect to see Labour bleed votes to the Greens & the Maori Party - Labour 25%, Greens 8% and the Maori Party 7%.

Quote Originally Posted by Getty View Post
    Not at all.

I was simply referring Hippo must not treat Robbo like a dog!
    I call bull****. It was Homophobic dog whistling and I don't believe it wasn't deliberate.