sharetrader
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Legend

Labour probably know too well already that Nosey Parker is no better than the useless
    sidekick holding crayons out of sight .. How many warnings and removed out back under
    a muzzle has this dopey numbskull already received on his recent antics ?
    Last edited by nztx; 18-07-2023 at 07:56 PM.

Advanced Member

The idea that either Luxon or Hipkins would get rolled at this stage, a couple of months from the election with both parties roughly even in the polls, is absurd, pure fantasy.

If Luxon loses, can't see him wanting to stay & like several of his MP's they will not hang around for another 3 years in opposition, & Willis is ambitious for the top job.
    If Hipkins loses, I can't see him wanting to quit or being challenged for leader.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    If Luxon loses, can't see him wanting to stay & like several of his MP's they will not hang around for another 3 years in opposition, & Willis is ambitious for the top job.
    If Hipkins loses, I can't see him wanting to quit or being challenged for leader.
    You're probably right with both those predictions.

Hipkins and Labour getting ever more desperate, rushing out hastily conjured up policies, shooting from the hips now and hitting themselves in the foot and mouth.

Hipkins getting more nervous too as can be seen with how flustered he got when asked about the policy muck-up.

He hears the knives being sharpened.

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/polit...ce-policy.html

" Kelvin Davis says a business case still has to be completed to determine the cost and timeframes of a newly-announced youth justice policy."

" ..... the Government failed to answer questions about how much the new facilities would cost or how long the policies would take to implement."

This is after Hipkins muddled up his get tough on crime policy announcement yesterday :

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/polit...hows-rush.html

But an hour-and-a-half later, the Prime Minister's Office issued a correction saying the Government wasn't creating a new offence and instead it would make encouraging young people to commit a crime an aggravating factor. Judges weigh up aggravating factors when considering sentences. "Embarrassingly the Government hurried this out in such a fluster they mucked up their own policy," said Lynch."

Hipkins talking tough on crime is like a chihuahua growling at a rottweiler.

Dilettante

The idea that either Luxon or Hipkins would get rolled at this stage, a couple of months from the election with both parties roughly even in the polls, is absurd, pure fantasy.

I think you're right about both, as FP says. Luxon should go if he fails to form a Government after the October election and so should a good chunk of the front bench. Let Erica Stanford and Nicola Willis take over but the crazy fact is that the wokeness and sensitivity we have now in our society is such that they would probably not dare to run with two white women, both from big cities, in the 2 top Leadership positions.
    However, the fact that you (and I) believe Hipkins would like to hang on even after being rejected by voters, says a lot about him and how desperate he is. After all he has no skill or experience outside of politics.

For the record, I'm disappointed in National not having Erica Stanford higher ranked but believe she would make an outstanding Education Minister in the next Government. She has put the hard opposition work in and is on top of the issues in my view. She's ready to run with the portfolio.
    Last edited by iceman; 20-07-2023 at 12:38 PM.

Guru

If Hipkins loses you can’t see him being challenged for leader??

What a bizarre comment.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I think you're right about both, as FP says. Luxon should go if he fails to form a Government after the October election and so should a good chunk of the front bench. Let Erica Stanford and Nicola Willis take over but the crazy fact is that the wokeness and sensitivity we have now in our society is such that they would probably not dare to run with two white women, both from big cities, in the 2 top Leadership positions.
    However, the fact that you (and I) believe Hipkins would like to hang on even after being rejected by voters, says a lot about him and how desperate he is. After all he has no skill or experience outside of politics.

For the record, I'm disappointed in National not having Erica Stanford higher ranked but believe she would make an outstanding Education Minister in the next Government. She has put the hard opposition work in and is on top of the issues in my view. She's ready to run with the portfolio.
    Agree re Stanford she seems one of the better Nat candidates.

Guru

Blue Skies seeming to admit that Chipkins is ‘as good as it gets’ in the parliamentary Labour party: there is simply nobody with charisma, talent, and ambition to challenge him in the event that he loses the election.

Quote Originally Posted by Logen Ninefingers View Post
    Blue Skies seeming to admit that Chipkins is ‘as good as it gets’ in the parliamentary Labour party: there is simply nobody with charisma, talent, and ambition to challenge him in the event that he loses the election.
    David Parker reckons he has what it takes to be leader. Robbo and he will do the knifing of Hipkins to get Labour back on track - CGT, wealth tax, income insurance, more centralisation, more big spending on welfare and more delivery to Maoris.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    David Parker reckons he has what it takes to be leader. Robbo and he will do the knifing of Hipkins to get Labour back on track - CGT, wealth tax, income insurance, more centralisation, more big spending on welfare and more delivery to Maoris.
    Parker is about as charismatic and talented as a plank of wood.