sharetrader
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I am starting to take all bullying allegations like this latest one with sceptisicm. We are seeing far too often that such claims are brought to the fore when they are obviously timed to do maximum damage for the accused, often with disastrous and unfair consequences for them. The media is the worst bully in this regard.
    In today's World, any robust discussion in the workplace is called bullying.

I am not saying people should get away with bullying but people are getting far too thin skinned and can not take any criticism or a robust debate of different views. A sad state of affairs, particularly when some people lose their jobs and reputations for what most of us would class as minor transgressions/mistakes while others that have years of bullying under their belts get promoted (think Trevor Mallard) !!

p.s. I have no idea about these latest allegations and ad not solely referring to them nor taking sides !
    What I’m filthy about is this lying hypocrite Hipkins demanding that Luxon boot out the ‘fluoride’ guy, yet when his list candidate is proved to hold ‘anti-vaxxer’ views, he just blithely says “she doesn’t hold these views anymore" - and we are all supposed to just move on.

I can’t stomach this guy Hipkins, now he’s ducking for cover over the latest bully Halbert. He is the ultimate hypocrite.
    Last edited by Logen Ninefingers; 21-09-2023 at 08:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I am starting to take all bullying allegations like this latest one with sceptisicm. We are seeing far too often that such claims are brought to the fore when they are obviously timed to do maximum damage for the accused, often with disastrous and unfair consequences for them. The media is the worst bully in this regard.
    In today's World, any robust discussion in the workplace is called bullying.

I am not saying people should get away with bullying but people are getting far too thin skinned and can not take any criticism or a robust debate of different views. A sad state of affairs, particularly when some people lose their jobs and reputations for what most of us would class as minor transgressions/mistakes while others that have years of bullying under their belts get promoted (think Trevor Mallard) !!

p.s. I have no idea about these latest allegations and ad not solely referring to them nor taking sides !
    I agree with you, iceman about taking bullying allegations with scepticism.

The critical point here however is how Ardern, Hipkins and this Labour government not only ignored the bullying allegations but actively covered up the allegations and worked to gaslight the victims (refer Dr Sharma) as unsound individuals.

That is the consistent theme emerging from the allegations and as we now know, are confirmed by Labour insiders (refer Kiri Allan).

Most transparent government ever, remember?
    Last edited by Balance; 21-09-2023 at 08:52 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Logen Ninefingers View Post
    What I’m filthy about is this lying hypocrite Hipkins demanding that Luxon boot out the ‘fluoride’ guy, yet when his list candidate is proved to hold ‘anti-vaxxer’ views, he just blithely says “she doesn’t hold these views anymore" - and we are all supposed to just move on.

I can’t stomach this guy Hipkins, now he’s ducking for cover over the latest bully Halbert. He is the ultimate hypocrite.
    The weird thing is, why wouldn't parties have people who held anti-jab or anti-mandate views? Polling at the time showed 30% of people had some empathy with the parliament protestors. In a democracy they don't just disappear. Of course our MSM were so in lock step with government policy (and funding) that any dissent still needs to be trampled.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    The weird thing is, why wouldn't parties have people who held anti-jab or anti-mandate views? Polling at the time showed 30% of people had some empathy with the parliament protestors. In a democracy they don't just disappear. Of course our MSM were so in lock step with government policy (and funding) that any dissent still needs to be trampled.
    Hey Jonu, maybe it's because it's less about MSM portrayal and more about people are just so over Covid, it's just not news anymore, it was **** time for most of us and ripping off the bandaid really isn't top of mind, whether, or whatever we think.

We got through it, it's mostly over (hopefully), gone, people want to forget and move on. It happened, we're through it, most of us are glad it's over, we're moving on, trying to put the whole unfortunate and unpleasant episode behind us.

Good luck with trying to make it topical government policy, it simply just won't happen, government have moved on as well, it's in the past now, gone, done, it's over.

You might not like it, but it's over and done with. End of. By all means carry on, try to raise this but I think you're pissing into the wind on this one.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    I agree with you, iceman about taking bullying allegations with scepticism.

The critical point here however is how Ardern, Hipkins and this Labour government not only ignored the bullying allegations but actively covered up the allegations and worked to gaslight the victims (refer Dr Sharma) as unsound individuals.

That is the consistent theme emerging from the allegations and as we now know, are confirmed by Labour insiders (refer Kiri Allan).

Most transparent government ever, remember?
    Totally agree with you and Logen’s response.
    But this Government is so full of such incredibly dishonest hypocrites that I simply don’t take any notice of them anymore. I stopped listening to the lying Hipkins when he was the COVID Minister and lied on a near daily basis. He even went as low as personally naming and attacking people, some in very vulnerable positions, with claims he knew to be untrue. He’s totally untrustworthy and stands for nothing

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Hey Jonu, maybe it's because it's less about MSM portrayal and more about people are just so over Covid, it's just not news anymore, it was **** time for most of us and ripping off the bandaid really isn't top of mind, whether, or whatever we think.

We got through it, it's mostly over (hopefully), gone, people want to forget and move on. It happened, we're through it, most of us are glad it's over, we're moving on, trying to put the whole unfortunate and unpleasant episode behind us.

Good luck with trying to make it topical government policy, it simply just won't happen, government have moved on as well, it's in the past now, gone, done, it's over.

You might not like it, but it's over and done with. End of. By all means carry on, try to raise this but I think you're pissing into the wind on this one.
    People who were on the receiving end of our government's mandate kindness, those who lost jobs for choosing informed consent and bodily autonomy and fell under the cosh of Ardern's kindness find it harder to move on Baa Baa. I have come across the attitude you expressed in my local community. It doesn't sit well. Maybe we should just move on and forget, certainly try and forgive...but it grates to be told to do so.

Banned

Those who lost their businesses as the Big Two supermarkets were allowed to trade, they won't see it as "over and done with". Those in families with someone who took their own life because the lockdowns destroyed their social group at the same time as the mental health system was shut down, they won't see it as "over and done with". Those who understand that the Labour government lied to the nation over and over about all things covid, they won't see it as "over and done with".

Guru

Tell that to both of my sisters, who both lost their jobs. If you came to them with that attitude, I know one of them, would metaphorically murder you.

Having said that, I do agree with Stephen Franks who said that compensation was not the way to go, but better reflection at government level and forcing the Media to have a retrospective look at where they went wrong these last 3 years. Possibly even force TV 1 and 3 to show River of Freedom.
    Last edited by blackcap; 22-09-2023 at 03:50 PM.

You have stirred up the rabbit warren now Baa Baa with three of them popping their head above ground.

Totally agree with you about moving on / forward. All these grievances they harp on about. Oh poor me.
    I feel sorry for the people they put at risk.

Everyone had a choice & they decided not to follow sound scientific advice and they knew the consequences. Move on.
    They are the ones that divided the country and still won't move on from it.

I anticipate a barrage of lunacy to follow.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    You have stirred up the rabbit warren now Baa Baa with three of them popping their head above ground.

Totally agree with you about moving on / forward. All these grievances they harp on about. Oh poor me.
    I feel sorry for the people they put at risk.

Everyone had a choice & they decided not to follow sound scientific advice and they knew the consequences. Move on.
    They are the ones that divided the country and still won't move on from it.

I anticipate a barrage of lunacy to follow.
    Are you f^&&ing having a go at me and my awareness of more than one suicide during the lockdown (the second lockdown, specifically)? Because you f'ing better not be.