sharetrader

Threaded View

Permanent Newbie

Default TOP Party one to watch in this election

Have not read much except this article.

https://www.newsroom.co.nz/top-promi...ce-on-the-side

Investing in the future of NZ an interesting concept other parties may not have considered in their haste to brown nose boomers.

No talk of the Equity Tax and no talk of universal basic income???

Thought I would post here instead of reading TOPs website so I could find out everything wrong with their ideas so I can approach their marketing with an open mind.

Income tax policy seems to be the opposite of ACT with a $15,000 tax free threshold. 45% top tax rate over $250,000 not sure what they are thinking based on what I read all the rich people will leave NZ.

Interesting to hear that Chris Hipkins GST "idea" came from a "focus group". What is a focus group? and should they be deciding policy for all NZ?

Grant Robertson likes the GST idea now he is "in it for us" but David Parker appears to have some integrity and won't say what he thinks. Chippy deserves to lose.

Although Luxon's latest greatest idea is to get foreigners to boost the value of his residential portfolio. This does not appear to consider young NZers or that fact that foreigners buying existing houses adds very little to NZ other than the price of houses. I guess Chris's kids will be OK though.
    Last edited by Aaron; 16-08-2023 at 04:11 PM. Reason: link to article added