sharetrader
Page 57 of 61 FirstFirst ... 747535455565758596061 LastLast
    Permanent Newbie

No surprises really. I was hoping for something of a miracle for TOP but really no significant difference between the new govt or the last one. I personally will be better off under National all things considered.

Surprising a party like NZ First garners 6.5% of the vote with nothing to offer the country, I guess we get the govt we deserve.

Hopefully Chris Luxon can bring the nation together but maybe not the gap between the haves and the bottom feeders.

Maybe Logen can get back to work now. Not sure what he does for a living but he seems to have a lot of time for posting on here.
    Last edited by Aaron; 15-10-2023 at 12:14 PM. Reason: sorry wrong stats

Guru

TOP couldn’t get it done, their strategy was flawed from the get-go, the policies were a shambles. Sensible people saw right through them.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    No surprises really. I was hoping for something of a miracle for TOP but really no significant difference between the new govt or the last one. I personally will be better off under National all things considered.
    I guess we get the govt we deserve.

An oft heard and completely ridiculous saying.
    We all get the same govt; yet we don't all deserve the same fate.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Maybe Logen can get back to work now. Not sure what he does for a living but he seems to have a lot of time for posting on here.
    Luxon's communications director.

There will be an excuse for every promise not "delivered"... Now where's my 20 bucks.

Here's one for free - Labour didn't tell us how bad the books were.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 20-10-2023 at 06:35 PM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    Luxon's communications director.

There will be an excuse for every promise not "delivered"... Now where's my 20 bucks.

Here's one for free - Labour didn't tell us how bad the books were.

Here's another excuse .. seeing as you've gotten so used to happily swallowing them from Labour
    Your $20 will be an IOU for when Labour next get into power, if what remains doesn't implode & go into
    recess first, as the factions start practicing their knife strokes to see how they can thinly dice & slice
    what made it through the 2023 Bloodbath
    Last edited by nztx; 20-10-2023 at 11:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    As expected. BP & JAK amongst others, have wasted their vote & had no say in the outcome of this election. An outcome that is great by the way
    I agree with others. This "wasted vote" mentality is just not correct. By that argument isn't everyone that didn't vote for the winning party is a "wasted vote"?

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    As expected. BP & JAK amongst others, have wasted their vote & had no say in the outcome of this election. An outcome that is great by the way
    Very sad post.

Actually, I thought you might be a deeper thinker, but clearly the right wing trolls took over your better judgement ;

Look, a vote is a message to the people who apply for the job to govern.

If I give my vote to the party closest to my views, than the message is clear for everybody to see (and, btw - I am sure that analysts from all coleurs are currently checking how votes have been splitted .... and as well analysing the programs of the parties who gained votes, but didn't made it into parliament. Important to identify future coalition partners - and hey, Green policies moved into Nationals as well as Labours programs long before Green made it into parliament (but after Green stood for election). I expect similar with Liberal policies.

If you give however your vote to a party you don't like, but which will make the 5%, than the only thing what you get is what you deserve - the same old cr*p you always got: education system further down, health system further down, infrastructure further down, environment further destroyed ... and the elected politicians will even think they did everything right, given the message you sent them with your vote, won't they?

Whoever gives his (or her vote) to he second best option just because they are afraid to waste their vote - these are the people who wasted their vote. Sadly - these are as well the people who are responsible that things won't improve.

Remember - Education system - below average, health system - overstretched, infrastructure in tatters, environment - destroyed. Same story no matter whether it was a Labour or a National government over the last 3 decades - and no doubt, in three years this trend will continue. This turn: Labour was unable to fix the problems National created by underfunding and made them worse (cheers, Labour), now its Nationals turn again to keep underfunding all essential systems and starve them to make sure they keep going down.

Clearly - anybody who voted for National/ACT/NZF or Labour /Green/Te Pati as second best solution wasted their vote this time unless they want to destroy the base of this country.

I didn't
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 21-10-2023 at 08:52 PM.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Guru

If TOP has managed to get across the threshold, they would only be either propping up a Labour government or sitting in opposition.
    TOP are not the answer.

Clearly you have not actually read their policies and general philosophy then.

TOP is passionate about reducing political tribalism. New Zealand is slipping towards a more divided left/right. Division prevents collaborative solutions, and it's more important than ever for everyone to work together. TOP is not left or right, but forward looking and future focused. Our role is to continue to work collaboratively to push for smart policy that will benefit New Zealand's future.

Quote Originally Posted by Logen Ninefingers View Post
    If TOP has managed to get across the threshold, they would only be either propping up a Labour government or sitting in opposition.
    TOP are not the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Logen Ninefingers View Post
    TOP are not the answer.
    Quite stupid post. Your capacity of reflection seems to be well below your desire to annoy.

If I use your trickle of thought .... clearly - both National as well as ACT have been the last 6 years just sitting in opposition, i.e. none of them has been the answer. Why did anybody vote for them, where it clearly was just a wasted vote?

For some funny reason some people still thought it fit to vote for them. Have you been one of these clueless creatures?

And lets face it - we don't even know now, whether ACT and National are "the answer" this time. 20% of the votes still outstanding can change a lot ... and hey - if Labour offers Winston the bigger baubles, he might go with them - and again - neither National nor ACT would be the answer - why vote for them, if its anyway just Winston to decide? Waste of time and vote according to Logan, wasn't it?

It appears that you don't understand the purpose of an election. It is not to predict the winner and vote for them, whoever they might be, but it is to vote for the party which is best representing your views. You should have voted for the NZ troll party. Have you?

And talking about timeframes ... it took the Green Party 30 years from inception (in the 1970íes) to get into parliament (I think 1999) ... TOP exists only for 7 years or so, i.e. they are doing pretty well so far, and I am sure they can do this faster than the Green party did.

Ah yes - and Winston didn't gave up last time when he didn't made it - and this time he is (again) allowed to pick the PM ;

That's something to strive for ...
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 24-10-2023 at 02:35 PM.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)