Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
I have never been polled by phone, but I do online surveys for various panels and there have been quite a few political surveys lately.

Interestingly, there may also be farmers swinging from National to ACT this time. My son commented the other day, that he likes ACT and Seymour, so I wouldn't be surprised if his (usually National) vote goes to ACT this time round. He probably won't be the only farmer considering it.

I have been re-reading ACT and National's policies today, and one or two of ACT's may not be quite as bad as I previously thought. But there are still some that concern me. So I am still on the fence.
There's probably a lot of National voters - including Farmers - that used to be rock-solid National that now vote more tactically. This is probably just the ongoing evolution of MMP continuing: people for whom the 'First Past The Post' mentality took a long time to break with. Once you've voted for a different party as farmers did in 2020 (where they saw the right couldn't win based on the polls so voted Labour to keep Greens influence out of government as much as possible) it becomes something you can do again. That election was a watershed moment that broke that tight connection to National, but Labour will not retain those votes.