sharetrader

View Poll Results: Which party do you plan on giving your party vote to?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • National

9 20.93%
  • Labour

2 4.65%
  • ACT

17 39.53%
  • The Greens

1 2.33%
  • NZ First

5 11.63%
  • Te Pāti Māori

0 0%

5 11.63%
  • someone else

0 0%
  • Still undecided

2 4.65%
  • Not voting

2 4.65%
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

A boring draw.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by davflaws View Post
    A boring draw.
    Just watched it online and agree with you

Advanced Member

A boring draw.
    To be expected really.
    2 urbane white gentlemen.

Not Willie Jackson and say Chris Bishop.

Not a male vs a female like Helen Clark and Don Brash, where the male is disadvantaged, because if he rips into the female, many viewers will see him as a bully.

No time in the constraints of the forum to introduce new policy.

Maybe people need to reassess expectation, or tune into the wrestling instead.

A boring draw.
    Unsurprisingly, Tova agrees with you, but 3/4 of voters disagree according to the NZ Herald Poll.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/politic...K5H3SNDFL24WQ/
    Last edited by ithaka; 20-09-2023 at 06:52 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Getty View Post
    To be expected really.
    2 urbane white gentlemen.

Not Willie Jackson and say Chris Bishop.

Not a male vs a female like Helen Clark and Don Brash, where the male is disadvantaged, because if he rips into the female, many viewers will see him as a bully.

No time in the constraints of the forum to introduce new policy.

Maybe people need to reassess expectation, or tune into the wrestling instead.
    Yeah, a lot of it is the format and the calibre of the questions as well:
    ‘When did you buy your first house?’
    ‘Have you ever felt unsafe?’
    ‘What’s something you admire about him?’

There’s not much scope to be anything other than boring. Come to think of it, the criticism is bizarre.

Mutch-Mackay was always interrupting or moving on, cutting down the time for responses from the two of then. It’s like it was all about her & when Tame came on and declared her the winner, perhaps that was the aim all along; TVNZ burnishing their ‘star’.

As some commentators said, a grudgingly technical win for Luxon. I think part of that is that the expectations were low for Luxon as his delivery in the past has been rambling & littered with bloopers. The fact that he didn't stuff up gives him the win.

Depressing state of affairs. Neither of the leaders are prepared to be bold and address many of the significant issues facing NZ.

One looks like a PM in waiting with conviction and energised to move NZ forward.

The other looks like he has lost 6 years making promises he has not delivered on but still wants NZers to believe in more promises from him!

And what is glaringly missing from is the total lack of debate about the dreadful state of race relations in NZ.

I would have answered Hipkins’ issue with coalitions about the fact that Ardern & he have the Maori cabal running circles around them in caucus. All in the cause of keeping them (the non Maori PMs) in power to obey their demands.
    Last edited by Balance; 20-09-2023 at 08:42 AM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    As some commentators said, a grudgingly technical win for Luxon. I think part of that is that the expectations were low for Luxon as his delivery in the past has been rambling & littered with bloopers. The fact that he didn't stuff up gives him the win.

Depressing state of affairs. Neither of the leaders are prepared to be bold and address many of the significant issues facing NZ.
    Well when their policies have mostly been announced, I don’t know how you’d have an expectation of them showing up and ‘being bold’. Did you expect them to show up and make up policy off the cuff?

No, but I expected a little more detail on exactly how they both intend to deliver their already announced policies. Neither of them have given me any confidence in their ability to actually deliver on what they have promised. It is all very well promising something, but I, for one, want some detail. Specific, clear, detail that shows they actually have a plan - not just a goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Logen Ninefingers View Post
    Well when their policies have mostly been announced, I don’t know how you’d have an expectation of them showing up and ‘being bold’. Did you expect them to show up and make up policy off the cuff?

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    No, but I expected a little more detail on exactly how they both intend to deliver their already announced policies. Neither of them have given me any confidence in their ability to actually deliver on what they have promised. It is all very well promising something, but I, for one, want some detail. Specific, clear, detail that shows they actually have a plan - not just a goal.
    The way the debate was run and moderated, being fast paced, cutting off the speakers mid sentence, etc, there was no chance for either of them to give any detail about anything. That diminished the value of the debate imo.