sharetrader

View Poll Results: Who are you planning on voting for?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • National

10 25.64%
  • Labour

1 2.56%
  • ACT

14 35.90%
  • NZ First

3 7.69%
  • The Greens

1 2.56%
  • Te Pāti Māori

1 2.56%

6 15.38%
  • Another party

0 0%
  • Still undecided

2 5.13%
  • Not voting

1 2.56%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Logen Ninefingers View Post
    I was talking to an old Green voter the other day. He was saying “they’re the only ones doing something about the climate”. I just held my tongue. They are doing absolutely nothing about ‘the climate’, and in any case NZ is only responsible for 0.17% of global emissions. The Greens stand for radical Treaty of Waitangi policies & radical ‘wealth tax’ policies: wealth taxes do not work & invariably have been dumped whenever they have been tried in Europe. The Greens are marxists who engage in ‘the politics of envy’.
    https://www.npr.org/sections/money/2...pe-kill-theirs

Euro Flop
    ‘Normally progressives like to point to Europe for policy success. Not this time. The experiment with the wealth tax in Europe was a failure in many countries. France's wealth tax contributed to the exodus of an estimated 42,000 millionaires between 2000 and 2012, among other problems. Only last year, French president Emmanuel Macron killed it.

In 1990, twelve countries in Europe had a wealth tax. Today, there are only three: Norway, Spain, and Switzerland. According to reports by the OECD and others, there were some clear themes with the policy: it was expensive to administer, it was hard on people with lots of assets but little cash, it distorted saving and investment decisions, it pushed the rich and their money out of the taxing countries—and, perhaps worst of all, it didn't raise much revenue.’

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Logen Ninefingers View Post
    I was talking to an old Green voter the other day. He was saying “they’re the only ones doing something about the climate”. I just held my tongue. They are doing absolutely nothing about ‘the climate’, and in any case NZ is only responsible for 0.17% of global emissions. The Greens stand for radical Treaty of Waitangi policies & radical ‘wealth tax’ policies: wealth taxes do not work & invariably have been dumped whenever they have been tried in Europe. The Greens are marxists who engage in ‘the politics of envy’.
    Green with envy.

No shortage of delusion, racism and hatred either!

Who would want to live on the planet they desire?