Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
Are you suggesting that Super annuitants will support legislation as long as it only affects others adversely but not themselves?

If National were doing this to cut costs and felt it was the right thing to do surely as national superannuation makes up more than 50% of the welfare budget they would include it as that would save a further $2billion.

You had best be careful as it sounds like you are suggesting one class of beneficiary voting for National are effectively shi**ing on other beneficiaries that doesn't sound right.

I guess the 300 landlords of which you speak will create jobs and growth for NZ with the extra $2billion they keep. I know Chris Luxon will be happy. I wonder if any of the 300 landlords are receiving national superannuation as well?? That wouldn't seem right would it?

National like Labour & Act & other parties are all in a desperate race for power. Do you really think National are going to risk shafting one of their core constituencies Super annuitants by making them $17,000 worse off than if they voted for Labour, days out from the election ?

Why else do you think they have been carved out from other beneficiaries & given special treatment?

Landlords don't create new jobs or growth in any meaningful way. Houses still need maintenance etc regardless if owned by landlords or home owners.
I would far rather see billions invested in innovative & successful NZ companies esp those providing export receipts, & people growing their wealth through the sharemarket than the current obsession with property.