sharetrader

View Poll Results: Which party to you intend to give your PARTY vote to?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • National

8 19.51%
  • Labour

2 4.88%
  • ACT

18 43.90%
  • The Greens

0 0%
  • Te Pāti Māori

1 2.44%
  • NZF

5 12.20%

6 14.63%
  • Another party

0 0%
  • Still undecided

0 0%
  • Not voting

1 2.44%
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    OK, I get it. The polls are a meaningless waste of time, so I will not be posting another one. The lack of gratitude or appreciation in this place is unbelievable.

I am done.
    Not sure why you take it so personally, if all it takes is someone to diminish the value of your poll and you quit, someone else will put up a poll to replace it. You've started something interesting here, far more people are taking part than criticising it, maybe just keep it going and disconnect from the negative comments. It's not personal.

Actually, it is personal Baa_Baa. But OK. I will put the final poll up next Saturday, for those who want it.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Azz View Post
    By the 50th poll I reckon, TOP will win it!
    lol, good one. Some of the hand-wringers out there have no sense of humour. They will still be fretting and dithering away as they walk into the polling booth. Look for the 'adult' when you go to vote, they will be the one engaged in a desperate no-win argument...with themself.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Azz View Post
    I think the Act vote in these sharetrader polls will drop over time - because Act voters are probably more likely to stop doing them over and over.
    Why ? I think it's most interesting if same people voted honestly each week to get a glimpse of how Sharetraders are thinking as we progress through the election campaign. Not a lot of work required to take part and only 4-5 weeks.

JAK, don't take it so personally. We are on here to hear different views and always some we dislike and don;t agree with. Continue the good work.
    Last edited by iceman; 30-09-2023 at 01:38 PM. Reason: addition

Permanent Newbie

I appreciate it is probably a lot of bullsh*t but has anyone done the Vote Compass thing with one news?

Turns out I am a centre voter, almost right in the cross hairs, a little to the left economically and a little more socially conservative. (I thought I was a bleeding heart liberal but that might be due to comparing myself with the average share trader)

It does not feel like the centrist parties of National and Labour are trying for my vote though as they try to buy votes with dumb policy. GST off fruit and veg seems dumber and less imaginative than unfunded tax cuts.

Maybe the centre is a bunch of selfish aholes but I don't have the self awareness to see this in myself. I am closest to the TOP party but the social conservative in me puts me right between National and Labour.

Did everyone end up dead centre or are the algorithms and calculations actually right and I am a boring centrist not wanting change, despite constantly saying I would like to see change. Lucky TOP is there to give me an option in the centre as I cannot vote National or Labour.
    Last edited by Aaron; 30-09-2023 at 01:40 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    I appreciate it is probably a lot of bullsh*t but has anyone done the Vote Compass thing with one news?

Turns out I am a centre voter, almost right in the cross hairs, a little to the left economically and a little more socially conservative. (I thought I was a bleeding heart liberal but that might be due to comparing myself with the average share trader)

It does not feel like the centrist parties of National and Labour are trying for my vote though as they try to buy votes with dumb policy. GST off fruit and veg seems dumber and less imaginative than unfunded tax cuts.

Maybe the centre is a bunch of selfish aholes but I don't have the self awareness to see this in myself. I am closest to the TOP party but the social conservative in me puts me right between National and Labour.

Did everyone end up dead centre or are the algorithms and calculations actually right and I am a boring centrist not wanting change, despite constantly saying I would like to see change. Lucky TOP is there to give me an option in the centre as I cannot vote National or Labour.
    Turns out I am a centre voter

Lucky TOP is there to give me an option in the centre

-----

'Vote Compass results are not intended and should not be interpreted as voting advice, nor as a prediction as to which party or candidate a given user intends to vote for. It is meant to serve as an entry point into an examination of (where) parties differ across a suite of issues relevant to a given election campaign.'

https://www.voxpoplabs.com/votecompass/methodology.pdf

Guru

I think they are working on a 'Gender Compass' for anyone out there trying to figure that stuff out as well.

Dilettante

Vote Compass results place me pretty close to where I would have thought I am both economically and socially. My wife did it as well and got a similar result, i.e. pretty close to where she (and I) would have thought she was.

Permanent Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Vote Compass results place me pretty close to where I would have thought I am both economically and socially. My wife did it as well and got a similar result, i.e. pretty close to where she (and I) would have thought she was.
    Iceman I would have you as less radical probably placing right on National maybe a bit further lower so possibly NZF. But then again a tough fisherman could be blue collar left leaning but fisheries traditionally do not have strong unions so I would say just to the right of midway and halfway between midway and bottom on the social side.

I would be interested to know if Logen is to the right and below ACT on the grid. Based on his posts he comes across as reasonably extreme. It could be good confirmation on the accuracy of the poll.

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    OK, I get it. The polls are a meaningless waste of time, so I will not be posting another one. The lack of gratitude or appreciation in this place is unbelievable.

I am done.
    The fact that 25 votes (so far) have been cast on the first day suggests that your poll is worthwhile and appreciated.
    Keep up the good work.