sharetrader

View Poll Results: Which party to you intend to give your PARTY vote to?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • National

8 19.51%
  • Labour

2 4.88%
  • ACT

18 43.90%
  • The Greens

0 0%
  • Te Pāti Māori

1 2.44%
  • NZF

5 12.20%

6 14.63%
  • Another party

0 0%
  • Still undecided

0 0%
  • Not voting

1 2.44%
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    All the latest poll on NZST displays is its not reprentative of the wider population and its is dominated by either the center right or very right wing which explains a lot in regards the discourse on this site.
    Yes, the discourse is usually pretty on point, robust, and honest…..and then you have a handful of whingers & over-sensitive hand wringers, and the also occasional pedantic train spotter who goes around totalling up other peoples daily post numbers.

You really do have a giant chip on your shoulder don't you? Maybe take a break from the internet and go for walk or something. Like I did the other day, when I temporarily "lost the plot" because I let people I don't even know, get to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Logen Ninefingers View Post
    Yes, the discourse is usually pretty on point, robust, and honest…..and then you have a handful of whingers & over-sensitive hand wringers, and the also occasional pedantic train spotter who goes around totalling up other peoples daily post numbers.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    You really do have a giant chip on your shoulder don't you? Maybe take a break from the internet and go for walk or something. Like I did the other day, when I temporarily "lost the plot" because I let people I don't even know, get to me.
    Yeah, I'm the one with the chip on my shoulder....not the bloke who goes round adding up other peoples posts and giving a running tally. You should have noted that my post was in response to that guys latest whinge.

Guru

Running poll tally:

Parties of the right: 20 votes. (National and ACT)

Parties of the left: 10 votes. (Labour / NZF / Greens / TOP / TE Pati Maori)

Not voting: 1.

Wow! All I said is the discourse is representative of the polling and membership, which is quite a reasonable thing to say & make perfect sense.

And they are saying I have chip on my shoulder. If you think what I said was derogatory then you are referring to your own views & according discourse.

Quite incredible reaction. But funny also.
    Those who throw around insults like salt are soooo sensitive.

Yes, there is a handful of whingers here and they are the ones who are constantly posting negative comments about Labour, page after page. That is the real whinging. Their discourse quickly descends into personal attacks and name calling if someone has an alternative view to their propaganda.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by moka View Post
    Yes, there is a handful of whingers here and they are the ones who are constantly posting negative comments about Labour, page after page. That is the real whinging. Their discourse quickly descends into personal attacks and name calling if someone has an alternative view to their propaganda.
    21 votes for the parties in the Right, plus another 3 if you add in NZF.

No wonder the resident Marxists are spitting their chips!

Right now, you are spitting more chips than pretty much anyone.

I honestly don’t understand why you are SO freaking angry all the time. Nothing any of us say here will make one iota of difference to the outcome of the election. There is zero point trying to convince anyone who they should (or shouldn’t) vote for. By all means, discuss YOUR reasons for voting for a particular party, but you have to respect that everyone has different views, beliefs, feelings, and they may not be the same as yours. This constant anger and nastiness needs to stop - from all sides. Your judgement of others is not OK.

No wonder the resident Marxists are spitting their chips!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by justakiwi View Post
    Right now, you are spitting more chips than pretty much anyone.

I honestly don’t understand why you are SO freaking angry all the time. Nothing any of us say here will make one iota of difference to the outcome of the election. There is zero point trying to convince anyone who they should (or shouldn’t) vote for. By all means, discuss YOUR reasons for voting for a particular party, but you have to respect that everyone has different views, beliefs, feelings, and they may not be the same as yours. This constant anger and nastiness needs to stop - from all sides. Your judgement of others is not OK.
    Definitely not trying to convince anyone here to vote for National or ACT. Most of then are already. 😂

There is no one answer as to why some men are so angry all the time, but social media has proven perversely liberating for angry men, as this article says.

https://www.fatherly.com/life/anger-management-expert-why-men

“They don’t have to deal with the consequences of angry diatribes and don’t have to fear retribution,” Dr Thomas J. Harbin writes. “They can say whatever they want to whoever they want and get away with it. They can rant and rave, call people names, make false statements about people, start or contribute to rumors, and sometimes ruin lives — and forget all about it when they walk away from the screen.”

A lot of angry men have a core sense of inferiority. They feel like they don’t measure up.
    “I think over the last 10 or 15 years or so a lot of aspects of our culture have gotten increasingly aggressive,” says Dr. Harbin

“I think the echo chamber has done a lot to exacerbate and perpetuate male anger. Guys can go online and find thousands of other guys that are just as angry as they are and they bounce it back and forth, getting angrier. I think that there has been a great reduction in civility and reasonableness over the last couple of generations, and I think that you’d be wrong to blame social media for that entirely but I certainly think that social media contributes to it.
    A lot of people value belligerence in and of its own self. Belligerence is now a virtue.