sharetrader
Page 239 of 255 FirstFirst ... 139189229235236237238239240241242243249 ... LastLast
Results 2,381 to 2,390 of 2548
  1. #2381
    Legend Balance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    21,549

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    It is getting bad Balance when even you are calling NZ Aotearoa.
    What and how else would one call Woke Woke land? Aotearoa suits Woke Woke land so well, don't you think?

    Good example below which shows just how hypocritical the woke leftists are. They screamed hate crime when a rainbow crossing was painted over and then, one of them proceeded to provoke Destiny Church members by hoisting a rainbow flag in front of the church. Is that not a hate crime - purposefully insulting the religious beliefs of another group - during the holiest time (Easter) of the Christian faith.

    https://www.stuff.co.nz/nz-news/3502...mischief-maker

    "A man has claimed he was assaulted after hanging a rainbow flag in a tree outside Destiny Church - but the Church says the man is “just mischief-making”. Police were called to a report of an assault on Druces Rd in Wiri, South Auckland shortly before 4.30am on Easter Sunday. According to a police spokesperson, initial inquiries suggested there was an “altercation” between a man and two occupants of a Druces Rd property after the man was seen hanging a flag in a tree."

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~

    As for the hate crime of someone painting over the rainbow crossing, here's another view :

    https://thebfd.co.nz/2024/03/31/so-i...cceptance-huh/

    "The argument for the crossings as far as I know is that they are there to make the “rainbow” community feel accepted, as if anyone apart from the wokesters in Auckland Council give a crap. But, as I wrote about last week, only one in five autistic people feel accepted. So where are the welcoming crossings for them? And remember there are at least 96,000 people with autism in New Zealand, and that’s not counting those undiagnosed. That’s a whole lot more than those who can’t make up their mind what gender they are."

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~

    And the leftist MSM is still out with their begging bowls even as the inevitable stares them in their woke faces.

    Most appropriate cartoon from NZ Herald* resident cartoonist, in truth showing how the msm is begging for $$$$ from the government :

    Current Media Minister playing the violin to the tunes of the $55m Labour government Media Bribe Fund.




    *Remember the NZ Herald banned any criticism of the Maorification of NZ as part of its deal to obtain $$$$ from the $55m media bribe bribe fund.
    Last edited by Balance; 01-04-2024 at 12:14 PM.

  2. #2382
    Guru
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    3,858

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    What and how else would one call Woke Woke land? Aotearoa suits Woke Woke land so well, don't you think?

    Good example below which shows just how hypocritical the woke leftists are. They screamed hate crime when a rainbow crossing was painted over and then, one of them proceeded to provoke Destiny Church members by hoisting a rainbow flag in front of the church. Is that not a hate crime - purposefully insulting the religious beliefs of another group - during the holiest time (Easter) of the Christian faith.

    https://www.stuff.co.nz/nz-news/3502...mischief-maker

    "A man has claimed he was assaulted after hanging a rainbow flag in a tree outside Destiny Church - but the Church says the man is “just mischief-making”. Police were called to a report of an assault on Druces Rd in Wiri, South Auckland shortly before 4.30am on Easter Sunday. According to a police spokesperson, initial inquiries suggested there was an “altercation” between a man and two occupants of a Druces Rd property after the man was seen hanging a flag in a tree."

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~

    As for the hate crime of someone painting over the rainbow crossing, here's another view :

    https://thebfd.co.nz/2024/03/31/so-i...cceptance-huh/

    "The argument for the crossings as far as I know is that they are there to make the “rainbow” community feel accepted, as if anyone apart from the wokesters in Auckland Council give a crap. But, as I wrote about last week, only one in five autistic people feel accepted. So where are the welcoming crossings for them? And remember there are at least 96,000 people with autism in New Zealand, and that’s not counting those undiagnosed. That’s a whole lot more than those who can’t make up their mind what gender they are."
    So far as ‘hate crime’ goes I am not aware of NZ having any laws against ‘hate crime’.

    The previous govt talked about introducing something, but nothing ever actually came of it so far as I am aware. Please correct me if I am wrong.

    Defining a ‘hate crime’ into something that is legally enforceable is very hard. And the bar needs to be very very high for stuff like that.

    So when the pedestrian crossing was painted over and the cops said they were treating it as a ‘hate crime’ wtf were they on about? There is currently no such thing in NZ.

    An act of vandalism? Sure. But this nonsense about hate crimes was just the woke ripping the ring right out of it as usual.

  3. #2383
    Legend Balance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    21,549

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    So far as ‘hate crime’ goes I am not aware of NZ having any laws against ‘hate crime’.

    The previous govt talked about introducing something, but nothing ever actually came of it so far as I am aware. Please correct me if I am wrong.

    Defining a ‘hate crime’ into something that is legally enforceable is very hard. And the bar needs to be very very high for stuff like that.

    So when the pedestrian crossing was painted over and the cops said they were treating it as a ‘hate crime’ wtf were they on about? There is currently no such thing in NZ.

    An act of vandalism? Sure. But this nonsense about hate crimes was just the woke ripping the ring right out of it as usual.
    Why the country is now Aoteraoa, Woke Woke land. Cops have nothing better to do than to run around being PC.

  4. #2384
    ****
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    4,533

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Just in case your comprehension is not up to scratch - let me repeat what’s happening in NZ TODAY.

    Aotearoa is Woke Woke land today - thanks to the last 6 years.

    I do not see any likelihood that the woke cancer is going to be treated and successfully got rid off - so ingrained and so widespread it is right throughout Aotearoa.

    All that the new government can do is slow the cancer down as the will is not there to undertake radical surgery to remove the cancer and subject the country to a dose of chemotherapy to stave off the cancer.

    Problem with the Labourites is that they would NZers to forget what brought NZ to the state of no return it is in today.

    I am simply stating the obvious - if you have ambition, skill, experience and/or is young, go to where you will be able to make the best of your abilities for you and your families. Australia is where our bright and best are heading - join them. Don’t waste your lives fighting against the race, social & economic divisions on NZ. The racial & social divisions are going to get worse as NZ slides to 2nd world status.

    Fxxk Woke Woke land - go to where there is a real future.
    I can comprehend that you are a misery guts who needs to move on.

    I love being back in NZ after a career overseas.
    Yep, there is plenty to fix, but there always has been. There's plenty to fix in most countries around the world.

    I'm just going to switch you offer. If all you can offer is negativity, you aren't worth engaging with. Life is too short to be dragged down by pessimists.

  5. #2385
    Guru
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    4,716

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    That seems like a reasonable summary.
    Re the economic response what else do you think should have been done?
    It is easier for me to criticise than to offer a workable alternative. I admit that. Other countries tried to dampen the effect of low interest rates on making wealth disparities worse especially with regards to house prices. What was supposed to help business, inevitably inflated NZ house prices.

  6. #2386
    Guru
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    4,716

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Woke woke land - that’s what NZ has become after 6 years of Ardern, Hipkins, the Maori Cabal & Labour.

    With nothing to show but racial, social and economic divisions.

    And $90 billion of increased debts and cost of living crises on all fronts.

    Too late now imo for any government to stop the slide to 2nd world status - matter of slowing down the slide.

    The best, brightest and young NZers will find Australia most welcoming and they in turn, are very fortunate that there’s a big country with excellent economic & social depth and breadth to allow them to prosper and be successful.

    Fxxk Woke Woke land - leave it to the wokesters, parasites, the losers and the beneficiaries.
    2nd world = communist countries. Surely Cluxon won’t allow that.

    K Rd is a big centre along with Ponsonby Rd for the liberal, woke and gender fluid part of Auckland. Definitely makes good commercial sense to be welcoming. My bet is that vandals had to drive into the area to demonstrate their intolerance. I am not sure if the autistic people in the area feel overlooked.

    You must be the most defeatist poster on the thread. After just a six year woke government you want to retreat ranting and raving into the tropic jungle like a lost WW2 Japanese soldier in the 1950’s!
    Last edited by Bjauck; 01-04-2024 at 03:35 PM.

  7. #2387
    Guru
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    3,298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    I suspect the tax cuts will be smaller than what they campaigned on.

    They (politically) have to deliver something now.
    They campaigned on a lie (that we could afford tax cuts and they would be delivered by savings and extra income).
    They knew it was a lie and everyone told them so but 'they know numbers' and their numbers were 'rock solid'.
    So their ideology says that they have to follow through even if it is a bad idea.

    Honesty would have them say that they got it wrong. They are already trying to say that the books are worse than they thought even though the books are basically the same as the PERFU taking into account the reduction in economic activity that they are spearheading.

  8. #2388
    ****
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    4,533

    Default

    I was pleasantly surprised to see how well Luxon came across on NZB this morning. Mind you Mike gives anyone from the right a much easier ride than anyone from the left.

    Luxon just needs to reign in the other two heads of the three headed monster.

    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/politi...D6LQC3XBMUYVM/

  9. #2389
    Guru
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Nelson
    Posts
    3,706

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    I was pleasantly surprised to see how well Luxon came across on NZB this morning. Mind you Mike gives anyone from the right a much easier ride than anyone from the left.
    He comes armed with a powerpoint presentation this time.

  10. #2390
    Guru
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    4,716

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    What and how else would one call Woke Woke land? Aotearoa suits Woke Woke land so well, don't you think?

    Good example below which shows just how hypocritical the woke leftists are. They screamed hate crime when a rainbow crossing was painted over and then, one of them proceeded to provoke Destiny Church members by hoisting a rainbow flag in front of the church. Is that not a hate crime - purposefully insulting the religious beliefs of another group - during the holiest time (Easter) of the Christian faith.

    https://www.stuff.co.nz/nz-news/3502...mischief-maker

    "A man has claimed he was assaulted after hanging a rainbow flag in a tree outside Destiny Church - but the Church says the man is “just mischief-making”. Police were called to a report of an assault on Druces Rd in Wiri, South Auckland shortly before 4.30am on Easter Sunday. According to a police spokesperson, initial inquiries suggested there was an “altercation” between a man and two occupants of a Druces Rd property after the man was seen hanging a flag in a tree."
    Oh dear I thought one of the fundamental messages from the Christian Easter was to love one’s enemies, and to turn the other cheek to insult.

    What is wrong about flying a rainbow flag in a public place? Sure. between dusk and dawn flags should be lowered. Anyway, if the Destiny Church thinks that flag represents those who sin (which is everyone after all,) Jesus said sinners should be loved. Others should be loved not hated.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •