sharetrader
Page 289 of 289 FirstFirst ... 189239279285286287288289
Results 2,881 to 2,889 of 2889
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    Depends what you mean by appropriate?
    My only comment was that it was overly long.
    It could be a reaction to a Government who has put the boot into the media & speaking of inappropriate, that is highly inappropriate by Winston, we don't want Trump style politics here.

A politician threatening the media is never a good look.
    Seems you are the odd one out Daytr....amazing eh !

Media Insider: TVNZ political poll coverage - PM, former Labour MP criticise political editor’s report; broadcaster dealing with 50 formal complaints

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...OHSQMWCRAZZMI/

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post

Media Insider: TVNZ political poll coverage - PM, former Labour MP criticise political editor’s report; broadcaster dealing with 50 formal complaints

50 right wingers are upset. 😅
    And people complain about MSM. Where is reported? MSM 🙄

As I said before 11 minutes did seem to be a quite an exaggerated time to report on such an issue.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    The media should bury the polls in favour of clips of applauding happy crowds showing up whenever our courageous PM Luxon appears.
    Or possibly some stories on issues that are real such as our economy, what inflation is doing to harm us all, or lo & behold, send a reporter out into regional New Zealand and find out what is good or bad in their lives today.

Could even report on the hundreds of millions of dollars extortions from Ngai Tahu regarding power projects in the South Island or how Far North Iwi have destroyed the mussel spat industry and stifled the green lip mussel industry all over NZ as a result.

But I doubt any of the so called news media would do that, or even have reporters that have the intelligence to understand any of it.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Or possibly some stories on issues that are real such as our economy, what inflation is doing to harm us all, or lo & behold, send a reporter out into regional New Zealand and find out what is good or bad in their lives today.

Could even report on the hundreds of millions of dollars extortions from Ngai Tahu regarding power projects in the South Island or how Far North Iwi have destroyed the mussel spat industry and stifled the green lip mussel industry all over NZ as a result.

But I doubt any of the so called news media would do that, or even have reporters that have the intelligence to understand any of it.
    Great. How is it funded?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post

Former Labour MP Stuart Nash told Newstalk ZB’s Heather du Plessis-Allan today: “I thought the TV One reporting on it was absolutely shocking, if I’m honest with you.

“I thought the tone that they portrayed was the sort of tone you do three weeks out from an election, not two and a half years,” Nash said.

Two and a half years out from an election and there’s a big graphic on the TV saying Labour, Greens and Te Pāti Māori can form a government. What?

Great. How is it funded?
    Same way all the news items are funded. Matter of prioritising - something that woke leftists have no idea how to do. They think that money pours out from Ardern’s arse whenever she farts. Which of course it did for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Same way all the news items are funded. Matter of prioritising - something that woke leftists have no idea how to do. They think that money pours out from Ardern’s arse whenever she farts. Which of course it did for a while.
    Like selling your soul like the BFD or Whale Oil you reference? Paid for attack articles. What a disgrace.

News break for you. Ardern has gone. Keep up.

Like selling your soul like the BFD or Whale Oil you reference? Paid for attack articles. What a disgrace.

News break for you. Ardern has gone. Keep up.
    Yes, you would like NZers to forget what happened in the last 6 years, wouldn’t you?

Well, rest assured it will not happen.
    Last edited by Balance; Today at 08:59 PM.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post

I think the MSM is in a full-on panic as advertising revenues dry up and shift to online media and not just that, but audiences who wouldn't connect with MSM online anyway. Observe the background fight to control big media (FB/Meta, Google, X, etc) via paid access to MSM.

MSM worldwide is a dying industry, just like people don't buy a newspaper anymore, fewer and fewer buy their MSM online content either, and advertising revenue that follows eyeballs is deserting them.

No sense imo for government to prop up media channels that cannot fend for themselves, I'm not keen on my taxes being used to fund ANY MSM, especially government owned or funded MSM.