sharetrader
Page 319 of 319 FirstFirst ... 219269309315316317318319
Results 3,181 to 3,182 of 3182

Quote Originally Posted by Bjauck View Post
    It is a question of triage priorities. If I need medical help I couldn't care less if I went to hõhipera or hospital. It is the quality of service that is important.
    It's politics we are discussing here and Luxon simply does not get the art of politics.

It's the flea or ant in the ear which annoys the patient the most and drive them insane, not the deep wound on the feet.

Permanent Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by causecelebre View Post
    To the last NZ'er to leave, please turn the lights out

According to the E Stanford half the immigrants arriving are unskilled and low earners and half of those send a good portion of their income back to the home country.

My guess is none of them use roads, schools and hospitals either.....tongue...cheek

https://www.interest.co.nz/economy/1...porting-record
    Same under National or Labour or National again. What is the plan? Stop investing in future generations until they see no way to afford a house an education and a family and are forced overseas. So our best and brightest are heading overseas to be replaced with unskilled labour from the third world.

I guess with social mobility being destroyed by monetary and tax policy the immigrants won't be a threat to the privileged position of the older wealthier generation, more like low paid servants to ensure a comfortable retirement.

A lot of policy seems to be focused on ensuring a comfortable retirement for boomers at the expense of the next generation. (Capital gains tax, untested superannuation entitlement etc)

If it turns NZ into a low wage, third world, overcrowded s*ithole country who cares, we will probably be dead before it is a problem. (Typical boomer response.)

Once all the immigrants get a NZ visa they will be off to Aussie as well, unless Aussie closes the door again as NZ becomes a backdoor into Aussie again.

Then you get dheads like this who think a stable or falling population is a bad thing or a crisis. They also probably support inflation targeting and other ridiculous notions.

https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/natio...b3a32104&ei=13

The line near the top of the article really summarises why it is considered a crisis.

"Yuri Suzuki is worried about who will care for the baby boomer generations as they age and need more care. "

I think that sentence explains the main concern and reason for out of control immigration of low skilled labour from the third world to NZ and its political acceptability.

The article goes on to talk about how there will be less Japanese people buying and consuming and no tenants for the owners of real estate.

Fortunately we have Massey University Emeritus Professor Paul Spoonley from NZ to tell Japan what it is doing wrong. I thought he must have been a professor of economics but it turns out he is a sociologist. Another BA degree based on waffle, probably as bad as an economist.

But what Professor Spoonley recommends is uncontrolled immigration like we have here in NZ.

No thought of a stable or sustainable population, growth and inflation all the way.

He probably has the gall to suggest he is concerned about climate change.