sharetrader
Page 282 of 282 FirstFirst ... 182232272278279280281282
Results 2,811 to 2,814 of 2814
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    So many times you just post stuff out of Balance's arse being the sycophant you are.

Just catching up on stuff and man, you really went for me there hey!

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Quite a number of positive comments from political analysts about Luxon moving two poor performing ministers on.

As usual, …...
    Yes. The question I have is how were they ever appointed to those positions, especially ML ? Serious error of judgement, clearly not capable.

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    Yes. The question I have is how were they ever appointed to those positions, especially ML ? Serious error of judgement, clearly not capable.
    "Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error." Cicero 43 BC

That's the huge difference between Luxon (with his real world corporate background) vs Clueless Ardern & Hysterical Hapless Hipkins (with their background in student politics & academia) - being prepared to act decisively when mistakes are made.

Note the difference between Luxon and Clueless Cindy & Hysterical Hapless Hipkins:

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...K7LAGV4WIKOJM/
    paywalled

"Christopher Luxon’s brutal despatch of Broadcasting Minister Melissa Lee and Disabilities Minister Penny Simmonds after just 149 days is to be commended. It’s probably the Prime Minister’s most important decision so far. If he sticks with this political heresy that ministers can be removed so quickly on performance grounds – and especially if it becomes doctrine for future governments – it could be enough on its own to establish a Luxon legacy. It’s often best to let people fail fast."

"How much better off might the previous Government have been – and New Zealand – had Jacinda Ardern applied the same rigour to, say, the problem of Phil Twyford, her first Minister of Housing and also Transport? s early as March 2018, just months since it too had been sworn in, experts in the property industry were saying that the Ardern Government was going about KiwiBuild all wrong. That was the moment to sack Twyford. Instead Ardern waited another 15 months before sacking him as Housing Minister. By then, her signature policy lay in ruins, having become a laughing stock. Ardern then let Twyford struggle on for another 16 months before sacking him as Transport Minister, but not before he had turned her other signature policy, light rail, into an even worse fiasco."

https://breakingviewsnz.blogspot.com...less-show.html

"Prime Minister Christopher Luxon has surprised everyone with his ruthlessness in sacking two of his ministers from their crucial portfolios. Removing ministers for poor performance after only five months in the job just doesn’t normally happen in politics. That’s refreshing and will be extremely well received. The public will perceive this unprecedented move as a sign that Luxon has very high standards for his government and is determined that his ministers actually deliver results."

"Luxon’s show of strength is a massive contrast with the last government: “What's happened today will shock a lot of people, because over the last few years we've got used to Prime Minsters just putting up with their ministers doing a bad job or behaving badly in public. Kiri Allan, Phil Twyford, Michael Wood, Clare Curran, even Nanaia Mahuta - the Foreign Minister who didn't like international travel. It took forever for Hipkins or Ardern to demote the under-performers, and they suffered for it – public opinion of them was tainted.”
    Last edited by Balance; Today at 11:02 AM.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    I agree. I never understood how she was given positions of responsibility even back under John Key, despite the controversies early on in her Parliamentary career. I hope she wasn't given these portfolios for ethnic and diversity reasons.