sharetrader
Page 298 of 298 FirstFirst ... 198248288294295296297298
Results 2,971 to 2,974 of 2974
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Doesn't suit the left leaning media narrative bias.

Actually unbelievable that Maiki scored the lead political journo role on TVNZ when she is obviously a rabid lefty rejoicing in any and all hysterical responses to the possibilities that the right are under some pressure.

Pitiful really and no wonder TVNZ viewers are revolting, 50 at least complaints about her coverage which was wincing to watch. I wonder what she thinks about it when she watched the replay of herself showing journalistic bias in the extreme.
    The following day she had lost the hysteria but sat there giving justification for why the results of the poll were so relevant and important etc.

I will never be able to take anything she says seriously now after that fiasco.

Membaa

I mean, 95.7% of us still have a job during this terrible economy. It could be worse, am I right?
    Well maybe but a little sensitivity might be more welcomed. The Labour government initiated many projects across all government departments, and whether they were successful of not, they employed many thousands of people who are now being turfed out as those projects are cut.

It's easy to blame that the weren't projects right, but those public servants had no choice and now are consequential damage to closing the projects down. And I can assure you that those government departments and agencies are absolutely ruthless, as long as the management making the cuts are not affected.

Your anecdote might be relevant for yourself, but it is not at all relevant for the many thousands of government employees and contractors who have been sucked into working of projects and now have their livelihood curtailed by termination of their contracts.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaTea View Post
    The following day she had lost the hysteria but sat there giving justification for why the results of the poll were so relevant and important etc.

I will never be able to take anything she says seriously now after that fiasco.
    She has been a joke since before the election. Equally as bad is TVNZ management for knowingly unleash her on the public. Disgraceful. If govt is still funding this BS it needs to stop now.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Baa_Baa View Post
    Well maybe but a little sensitivity might be more welcomed. The Labour government initiated many projects across all government departments, and whether they were successful of not, they employed many thousands of people who are now being turfed out as those projects are cut.

It's easy to blame that the weren't projects right, but those public servants had no choice and now are consequential damage to closing the projects down. And I can assure you that those government departments and agencies are absolutely ruthless, as long as the management making the cuts are not affected.

Your anecdote might be relevant for yourself, but it is not at all relevant for the many thousands of government employees and contractors who have been sucked into working of projects and now have their livelihood curtailed by termination of their contracts.
    Hmmmn, I am a contractor so understand what it is like to have a job suddenly and unexpectedly end.

I am not uncaring of these people, as I do know it will be tough for them and, depending on their financial situation, stressful.

But actually this is life. And there are cycles.

I am in current gig until the end of this month, and it is low chance that it renews at this stage. Job market very quiet so I will probably be unemployed for a while before something else suitable comes up.

But that’s life. And I am certainly not on the loud speaker down Queen St for 1 News to get some footage of me saying wowers me, new govt’s fault!

Everyone is tightening the belt. Private enterprise cutting costs big time.

Govt no exception, and it’s no good making out that people who are in favour of NZ taking the medicine now, and are a bit more philosophical about it all as being heartless.
    Last edited by mistaTea; Today at 09:46 PM.