sharetrader
Page 13 of 317 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113 ... LastLast
    Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    Brilliant, so clever, so easy, why didn't I think of that!

Oh I see, the Coalition are literally going to find the funding for $14 billion of Tax cuts & Rebates, by cobbling together money by "cutting back wasteful spending & stopping more parasites & beneficiaries from being bred."

Hope you've shared the plan with Nicolla Willis.
    Not sure how they'll implement it, but presume you've got that sorted too.

All governments waste money, National has been no exception in the past, and its an illusion to think this Coalition are going to find any think like meaningful funding for policies like tax cuts from wasteful spending.

Besides, they cut numbers in the Public Service by freezing vacant posts, resulting in increasing numbers of outside Consultants contracted at 3 x the rate, to enable work to be done.
    Very interesting how you know all the numbers before they announce exactly what they’re going to do. They haven’t even be sworn in yet

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Very interesting how you know all the numbers before they announce exactly what they’re going to do. They haven’t even be sworn in yet

The figures were public knowledge & actually $14.6 Billion over 4 years as reported on RNZ, Newshub, TV1 News etc

NB I agree there has been wasteful spending under Labour, plenty of it, just that its an illusion to think the National coalition can fund these kind of big tax cuts & Rebates from cutting wasteful spending.

And it's fiscally irresponsible to confirm tax cuts will go ahead based solely on some vague ideas of where they might find the money from.

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/political/496895/national-s-tax-plan-and-costings-what-you-need-to-know

https://www.1news.co.nz/2023/08/30/n...nded-revealed/

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/polit...r-changes.html
    Last edited by Blue Skies; 25-11-2023 at 08:38 PM.

Membaa

... deleted ...
    Last edited by Baa_Baa; 26-11-2023 at 04:13 AM.

Advanced Member

BB, from what I've seen there's been mixed controls on spending in different areas in the Public Service with some having had extremely tight control on budgets while others seemed quite lax.
    Grant Robertson tightened budgets again earlier this year but at that stage Labour/Greens were ahead in the polls, Hipkins was popular, Luxon deeply unpopular, they expected to win the election & it was just in response to the cost of living crisis, inflation & debt levels.

You seem to have focused on just one area & the infrastructure work you refer to above & now contracted out used to be done by our old 'Ministry of Works'.
    But that is only one area & there are many other govt departments where the work is predominately done by employees or Public Servants.

Dilettante

The figures were public knowledge & actually $14.6 Billion over 4 years as reported on RNZ, Newshub, TV1 News etc

NB I agree there has been wasteful spending under Labour, plenty of it, just that its an illusion to think the National coalition can fund these kind of big tax cuts & Rebates from cutting wasteful spending.

And it's fiscally irresponsible to confirm tax cuts will go ahead based solely on some vague ideas of where they might find the money from.

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/political/496895/national-s-tax-plan-and-costings-what-you-need-to-know

https://www.1news.co.nz/2023/08/30/n...nded-revealed/

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/polit...r-changes.html
    Sorry but you’re so angry about the democratic election result and full of crap it’s impossible to debate with you. You just make stuff up and justify by adding the word “rumours” etc. Sorry but you've totally lost any credibility

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Sorry but you’re so angry about the democratic election result and full of crap it’s impossible to debate with you. You just make stuff up and justify by adding the word “rumours” etc. Sorry but you've totally lost any credibility

Sorry I don't understand, could you be specific what stuff have I made up but presented as fact ?
    Let me know if I'm mistaken or significantly misrepresented something. Happy to be corrected.

I'm not that angry about the result, disappointed yes though I was also disappointed in Labour, - but the focus has switched from Labour in govt to this coalition govt and just as Labour was held to account, now this govt will be held to account & the same level of scrutiny.

What I am furious about is repealing the Smokefree 2025 legislation, that is going to be devastating, thousand of lives will be lost, strokes, amputations, carcinomas of the tongue & mouth, blindness, billions in healthcare costs for the next generation who take up smoking, all preventable.

There's 2 parts to this, helping hard core smokers quit, PLUS- stopping the next generation of young people starting smoking in the first place & becoming addicted.

In my view, next Minister of Health Dr Shane Reti should resign if his govt goes ahead with repealing Smokefree2025.
    Last edited by Blue Skies; 26-11-2023 at 06:06 AM.

You are getting worse BS. Meds not working?

Guru

There's 2 parts to this, helping hard core smokers quit, PLUS- stopping the next generation of young people starting smoking in the first place & becoming addicted.

In my view, next Minister of Health Dr Shane Reti should resign if his govt goes ahead with repealing Smokefree2025.
    I think you have missed the memo BS. Young people are not smoking at all. It is so uncool these days. Get with the program.

The huge challenge in front of the new government to reverse the retardation of our education system, brought about by the introduction of woke and decisive racist policies and requirements into the school curriculum.

A curse on Ardern, Hipkins and Labour for the huge damage they have done to students with their brainwashing garbage.

It’s no wonder that more and more parents are prepared to make the sacrifice and send their children to private schools where learning and becoming educated in the basics to pursue a successful and fulfilling vocation are paramount.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/edu...g-our-students

The Education Act provides for the Minister to issue a statement of National Education and Learning Priorities and the current version runs to five pages. Literacy is referenced five times and never as a primary driver. Te Reo get 22 mentions, and English, well, not a single reference. Nor science, as it happens.

There are eight objectives; mostly inclusive language about tikanga, culture and reducing barriers. One did stand out, to “Enhance the contribution of research and mātauranga Māori in addressing local and global challenges”.

Advanced Member

What I am furious about is repealing the Smokefree 2025 legislation, that is going to be devastating, thousand of lives will be lost, strokes, amputations, carcinomas of the tongue & mouth, blindness, billions in healthcare costs for the next generation who take up smoking, all preventable.

While myself and others are disappointed to see the Smoke-free legislation scrapped, l don't think we need to get too emotive about it.

It's not as if the new coalition is going to say thou shall smoke, and hold a gun to your head if you don't.

The price of fags alone should be a deterrent.

And what do you see when you go to open your packet?

A sign that says smoking kills!
    Backed up by a photo of rotten gums.

Maybe it's an intelligence test?