sharetrader
Page 228 of 315 FirstFirst ... 128178218224225226227228229230231232238278 ... LastLast
Results 2,271 to 2,280 of 3146

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    In time of austerity and tight budgets, working families are having to make sacrifices and I know of many who have postponed or cancelled overseas trips in favour of domestic trips/holidays.

The budget allocated to Disability Community (by Labour) has run low and so, sacrifices have to be made via reallocation of what's left so that the disabled needs are prioritized.

Or should the government just keep topping up?

Where are the cuts? If anyone is to be blamed, it's Labour for not allocating enough in the first place in last year's budget.

Meanwhile, Labour by Hipkins' own admission spent big on Kiwibuild and Auckland Light Rail , knowing full well they were undeliverable projects, with bugger all to show for the hundreds of millions $$$$$$$$$$$ spending. Just keep topping up and wasting the money.

Most transparent government ever!
    The disabled have a constant struggle for equal access to living a life that most would accept as normal.
    The Government has just made that struggle more difficult.

You refer to domestic trips instead, that doesn't work for someone who has business overseas to perform. The Government have cut funding for inter regional travel either.

Lots of transparency here eh Balance.
    Didn't campaign on cuts to the disability sector.
    Didn't consult with the disability sector.

Iceman, you need to be careful who you call a liar.

You, Balance, NZTX etc keep using this blanket ridiculous argument that anyone who criticizes the Government as rabid lefties etc.

Where did I "support every step of the way, helicoptered in money" I think you need to be more specific by what you mean by 'helicoptered in money'.

The only funding that meets that description was in relation to the Covid response like the wage subsidy and yes I did & still do support that as the economic consequences of not delivering relief to a large part of the country, unable to earn due to a once in a 100 year event, was not only necessary but critical.

The disability sector's funding had increased by an unbudgeted $57M roughly the rate of inflation. The current Government specifically mentioned this when they were caught on the hop. Disability funding unbelievably isn't adjusted for inflation and Government is looking to recoup that budgetary blowout caused by ...inflation. So NAFT are cutting the funding to the disability sector by the rate of inflation.
    And I am yet to see that things they have cut funding on will be relocated to other disability funding. It was clear they are trying to reign in the inflationary creep.

Pick on someone else!
    Last edited by Daytr; 28-03-2024 at 11:47 AM.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post

You, Balance, NZTX etc keep using this blanket ridiculous argument that criticizes the Government as rabid lefties etc.

Where did I "support every step of the way, helicoptered in money" I think you need to be more specific by what you mean by 'helicoptered in money'.

The only funding that meets that description was in relation to the Covid response like the wage subsidy and yes I did & still do support that as the economic consequences of not delivering relief to a large part of the country, unable to earn due to a once in a 100 year event, was not only necessary but critical.

The disability sector's funding had increased by an unbudgeted $57M roughly the rate of inflation. The current Government specifically mentioned this when they were caught on the hop. Disability funding unbelievably isn't adjusted for inflation and Government is looking to recoup that budgetary blowout caused by ...inflation. So NAFT are cutting the funding to the disability sector by the rate of inflation.
    And I am yet to see that things they have cut funding on will be relocated to other disability funding. It was clear they are trying to reign in the inflationary creep.

Pick on someone else!
    I agree I and others need to be careful calling people liars. But the easiest thing for you would be to substantiate your claim, that I believe is incorrect, that there has been a cut to disability funding by the Coalition Government. Not just a reference to someone not being paid to go on a trip to Australia.

I'm not regurgitating arguments about the cavalier attitude of the previous Government with their spending of our money, particularly the massive "COVID fund" that was mostly spent on stuff that had nothing to do with COVID. We now need to focus on paying for all that waste.

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post

You, Balance, NZTX etc keep using this blanket ridiculous argument that criticizes the Government as rabid lefties etc.

Pick on someone else!
    Oh, now that he cannot substantiate his allegation of cuts, the liar is trying to equate his lie of cut as non-adjustment for inflation!

Take your spin and BS elsewhere, Daytr - you do not get away with lies here and you never will.

Just like Ardern in the end - lies caught up with her. Most transparent government ever!
    Last edited by Balance; 28-03-2024 at 11:50 AM.

Oh, now the liar is trying to equate his lie of cut as adjustment for inflation!

Take your spin and BS elsewhere, Daytr - you do not get away with lies here and you never will.

Just like Ardern in the end - lies caught up with her. Most transparent government ever!
    Get up to speed Balance, I stated the inflation adjustment some time ago.
    But I'm not just making that claim.
    The funding not spent on the newly banned criteria will not be reallocated.

The budget had blown out by $57Mln or about the amount of inflation because the budget is not adjusted for inflation.

NAFT want to recover that budget blow out. So they are cutting the spend by circa $57Mln, which isn't more of anything it's getting them less purchasing power compounding year on year.

If NAFT had a heart they would have increased the budget to account for inflation not be dictating how the disabled can live their already disadvantaged lives.
    Last edited by Daytr; 28-03-2024 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I agree I and others need to be careful calling people liars. But the easiest thing for you would be to substantiate your claim, that I believe is incorrect, that there has been a cut to disability funding by the Coalition Government. Not just a reference to someone not being paid to go on a trip to Australia.

I'm not regurgitating arguments about the cavalier attitude of the previous Government with their spending of our money, particularly the massive "COVID fund" that was mostly spent on stuff that had nothing to do with COVID. We now need to focus on paying for all that waste.
    I don't need to substantiate it, NAFT have already done that by banning funding for that type of travel as they said it wasn't appropriate spending, theyvwent further and on the attack accusing careres of all sorts of abuse if the system.

A representative of the disability community on RNZ a few days ago said she was directly impacted and had canceled her trip as I outlined. I personally know of others who will be directly impacted going forward.

I will give you a theoretical example.
    A family of five want to go on a holiday in Taupo from Wellington. One of them is severely disabled and needs a carer 24/7.

Does the rest of the family go on holiday and leave behind the disabled family member as the carers funding for travel inter regionally has been cut?

Yeah just stuff em eh.

Another mess for the new government to tackle - bad behaviour in schools.

And who was minister of Education over the last 6 years?

Chris Hipkins before he became PM in Feb 2023 and Jan Tinetti took over.

Recall that Jan Tinetti was brought to the Privileges Committee for misleading the House and was found guilty.
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/report...B3DOWORKK4W7Y/

"New Zealand school students are among the worst-behaved kids in the OECD and behaviour has worsened in the last two years, a new report has found.

A report released by the Education Review Office (ERO) this morning has called for classroom behaviour to become a priority and a more “national approach” to worsening behaviour.

“But we also know it is getting worse, with over half of teachers saying all types of disruptive behaviour had become worse in the last two years.”

Last edited by Balance; 28-03-2024 at 12:32 PM.

“But we also know it is getting worse, with over half of teachers saying all types of disruptive behaviour had become worse in the last two years.”
    I hope you aren't taking notice of anything the teachers say. You know they're just a bunch of woke leftists.

Probably they're just reacting to a few of the more sensible students pushing back against the Marxist nonsense that has trickeld down from the Universities and Training Colleges into the schools these days, or to the Maorification of the curriculum that has undoubtedly occurred to the detriment of educational standards.

Guru

Another mess for the new government to tackle - bad behaviour in schools.

And who was minister of Education over the last 6 years?

Chris Hipkins before he became PM in Feb 2023 and Jan Tinetti took over.

Recall that Jan Tinetti was brought to the Privileges Committee for misleading the House and was found guilty.
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/report...B3DOWORKK4W7Y/

"New Zealand school students are among the worst-behaved kids in the OECD and behaviour has worsened in the last two years, a new report has found.

A report released by the Education Review Office (ERO) this morning has called for classroom behaviour to become a priority and a more “national approach” to worsening behaviour.

I wonder if kids behaviour has steadily worsened after Sue Bradford's anti-smacking legislation was passed.

IMO

How's this. One girl at a local college picked on another pushed her to the groundand started beating up on her. A circle of kids some taking videos.A teacher also standing there.The student being beaten up begged the teacher to help. The teacher did not as they are not allowed to intervene!!!!??? World gone mad.