sharetrader
Page 250 of 354 FirstFirst ... 150200240246247248249250251252253254260300350 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,500 of 3537
  1. #2491
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Hastings, , New Zealand.
    Posts
    2,505

    Default

    A day in the life of Paddy Gower, Corrections Officer.

    Hey Paddy, can you;

    Bring in some drugs?
    Money?
    Booze?
    Porn?
    Shanks?
    Pistols?
    Knuckle dusters?
    Cellphones ?
    Fat to cook with?
    Extend my phone time?
    Visit time?

    Paddy: Get stuffed!

    Top recruit that Paddy!

  2. #2492
    Guru
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    4,965

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    They are expecting an exodus of Maori & Pacific Islanders to Australia to escape from this 'whitey' government?
    You are happy when any people go to Australia from NZ.

  3. #2493
    Guru
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Nelson
    Posts
    3,791

    Default

    Being young they're mainly greens and labour minded voters so we'll be left with this coalition forever.

  4. #2494
    IMO
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Floating Anchor Shoals
    Posts
    9,787

    Default

    It's like Luxon is treating NZ as a Jetstar flight,and us citizens as expendable passengers,treated like poh ,and lousy service,with a few entitiled racists in first class and wearing parachutes

  5. #2495
    Guru
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    3,024

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    It's like Luxon is treating NZ as a Jetstar flight,and us citizens as expendable passengers,treated like poh ,and lousy service,with a few entitiled racists in first class and wearing parachutes
    That's perhaps the best description I've heard of the Ardern/Hipkins regime. The parachute rip cords didn't take long to be pulled. Ardern off to her Harvard security blanket. Robertson to a pay rise at Otago uni (go figure). Davis, Mahuta, Faafoi, Wood. Racist, divisive and entitled everyone of them. Problem for them is that they are a few parachutes short.

  6. #2496
    Guru
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    3,330

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    That's perhaps the best description I've heard of the Ardern/Hipkins regime. The parachute rip cords didn't take long to be pulled. Ardern off to her Harvard security blanket. Robertson to a pay rise at Otago uni (go figure). Davis, Mahuta, Faafoi, Wood. Racist, divisive and entitled everyone of them. Problem for them is that they are a few parachutes short.
    It seems that a few parachutes have been used for the National Party faithful to keep earning well.
    Quite the gravy train from National.

  7. #2497
    IMO
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Floating Anchor Shoals
    Posts
    9,787

    Default

    Lol
    This Cannibal Collective treating NZ like a ruthless business model is divisive inhumane destructionAll volunteers who hold this country together should go on strike..

  8. #2498
    Guru
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    , , .
    Posts
    3,330

    Default

    So allowing landlords to kick out tenants at will will solve the rental situation and is good for tenants?
    How out of touch can Bishop be?
    The fundamental issue is the lack of houses.
    If LLs were to build new accommodation I'd have some sympathy but all they do is recycle the existing.
    A LL purchasing a house instead of the 1st home buyer just means the 1st home buyer has to rent.
    Personally, all of the houses I own were built by me - adding to the supply rather than just rearranging it.
    The Govt seems to have no idea how the rental market works - once a rent is established (the ability to pay) it is unlikely that it would go down if costs were reduced.

    Melissa sums it up for the whole Govt.
    NoIdea.png

  9. #2499
    IMO
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Floating Anchor Shoals
    Posts
    9,787

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jonu View Post
    That's perhaps the best description I've heard of the Ardern/Hipkins regime. The parachute rip cords didn't take long to be pulled. Ardern off to her Harvard security blanket. Robertson to a pay rise at Otago uni (go figure). Davis, Mahuta, Faafoi, Wood. Racist, divisive and entitled everyone of them. Problem for them is that they are a few parachutes short.
    Think you've been in a dank hole in the ground too long,bud,pull it out occasionally and get some reality and take a breath ,2secs in thru nose,hold 4 secs ,breathe out 2 secs through mouth

  10. #2500
    Dilettante
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Down & out
    Posts
    5,482

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    So allowing landlords to kick out tenants at will will solve the rental situation and is good for tenants?
    How out of touch can Bishop be?
    The fundamental issue is the lack of houses.
    If LLs were to build new accommodation I'd have some sympathy but all they do is recycle the existing.
    A LL purchasing a house instead of the 1st home buyer just means the 1st home buyer has to rent.
    Personally, all of the houses I own were built by me - adding to the supply rather than just rearranging it.
    The Govt seems to have no idea how the rental market works - once a rent is established (the ability to pay) it is unlikely that it would go down if costs were reduced.

    Melissa sums it up for the whole Govt.
    NoIdea.png
    The new legislation does no such thing as "allowing landlords to kick out tenants at will". Landlords will have to give 42 days notice and tenants only have to give landlords 21 days notice.. The previous legislation was nuts, giving all power to tenants and allowing unruly tenants to behave however they wanted. That has now changed and not before time.
    For most landlords and tenants, this change will make no difference at all as they have had a long term good relationship which is likely to continue.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •