sharetrader
Page 317 of 347 FirstFirst ... 217267307313314315316317318319320321327 ... LastLast
Results 3,161 to 3,170 of 3467
  1. #3161
    Legend Balance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    21,927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    Popularity and surge are hardly words even you would associate with the PM.
    Agreed - they are associated with Cindy, the most useless, clueless and hopeless PM ever in the history of NZ.

  2. #3162
    Guru
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    4,957

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    Popularity and surge are hardly words even you would associate with the PM.
    Sometimes charisma and energy are a good thing for the times; sometimes understated and reflective are too.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 10-05-2024 at 09:41 PM.

  3. #3163
    Legend
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sth Island. New Zealand.
    Posts
    6,454

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tim23 View Post
    Popularity and surge are hardly words even you would associate with the PM.
    Not my words

    NZ Herald.

    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/politi...BHGIU7CZ3XIEM/

  4. #3164
    ****
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    5,056

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Agreed - they are associated with Cindy, the most useless, clueless and hopeless PM ever in the history of NZ.
    Sounds like what JK experienced...

    Re the poll, never a good idea to release news on a Friday unless you want it to go unnoticed as much as possible.
    Last edited by Daytr; 11-05-2024 at 09:35 AM.

  5. #3165
    Legend Balance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    21,927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    Sounds like what JK experienced...

    Re the poll, never a good idea to release news on a Friday unless you want it to go unnoticed as much as possible.
    Big difference between Clueless Cindy getting kicked out of office (quit before she was fired so she could save her own skin) vs Key leaving on his own terms.

    JK took over from Labour after the GFC hit in 2007 (The 2007–2008 financial crisis, or the global financial crisis (GFC), was the most severe worldwide economic crisis since the Great Depression) and steered NZ to become the rock star economy of the 2010s.

    And that's after Cullen boasted proudly that he had spent the lot* before Key took office.

    Then, there's the Christchurch earthquake.



    *https://www.kiwiblog.co.nz/2008/05/h...nt_it_all.html

  6. #3166
    Legend Balance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    21,927

    Default

    University 0f Woke, BS & Spin

    Gone completely woke and now, resorting to and self-indulging in hypocritical false advertising - University of Otago preparing for the ex-Minister of Spin & Prolific Wasteful Spending - Grant Robertson.

    Absolutely shameful and despicable that a once great university like University of Otago is resorting to DECEIT - misleading students that it is ranked in the top 1% of universities in the world.

    Indicative of what has happened to NZ after 6 years of Clueless Cindy, Hysterical Hipkins and the Labour misfits.


    This is the country that the new government is going to have to turn around if our young and brightest are to remain in NZ and not migrate to Australia for their future.

    https://www.downtoearth.kiwi/post/wh...-s-advertising

    " ....... take a look at the actual QS world rankings which Otago formally states its ranking is based upon. QS say, "The 20th edition of the QS World University Rankings features 1,500 institutions across 104 locations & is the only ranking of its kind to emphasize employability & sustainability". They rank 1,498 Universities to be precise. QS state that Otago is ranked no. 206 out of those 1,498 institutions, putting it between 10% & 15% in the world ranking, not the "top 1%".

    https://www.otago.ac.nz/
    Last edited by Balance; 12-05-2024 at 05:06 PM.

  7. #3167
    ****
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    5,056

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Big difference between Clueless Cindy getting kicked out of office (quit before she was fired so she could save her own skin) vs Key leaving on his own terms.

    JK took over from Labour after the GFC hit in 2007 (The 2007–2008 financial crisis, or the global financial crisis (GFC), was the most severe worldwide economic crisis since the Great Depression) and steered NZ to become the rock star economy of the 2010s.

    And that's after Cullen boasted proudly that he had spent the lot* before Key took office.

    Then, there's the Christchurch earthquake.



    *https://www.kiwiblog.co.nz/2008/05/h...nt_it_all.html
    Key saw the writing on the wall as did Ardern.
    Key's popularity had seriously wained towards the end due to things like the flag referendum, ponytailgate & I think ignoring the will of the people and selling of the power companies.
    Something we are still paying for today.

    Key wouldn't have been able to use the same bully boy tactics against Ardern either as he did against Little.

  8. #3168
    Legend Balance's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    21,927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    Key saw the writing on the wall as did Ardern.
    Key's popularity had seriously wained towards the end due to things like the flag referendum, ponytailgate & I think ignoring the will of the people and selling of the power companies.
    Something we are still paying for today.

    Key wouldn't have been able to use the same bully boy tactics against Ardern either as he did against Little.
    Do a simple comparison of Key’s & National’s polls rating when he quit vs Ardern’s & Labour’s when Ardern quit.

    Then, of what National got by way of votes in 2017 vs Labour in 2023.

    The answer is so very obvious as to what the country thought of Clueless Cindy.

    Fact is that Cindy was not fit to clean Parliament’s toilets, let alone ran the country.
    Last edited by Balance; 12-05-2024 at 01:23 PM.

  9. #3169
    Guru
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    4,205

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Do a simple comparison of Key’s & National’s polls rating when he quit vs Ardern’s & Labour’s when Ardern quit.

    Then, of what National got by way of votes in 2017 vs Labour in 2023.

    The answer is so very obvious as to what the country thought of Key vs Clueless Cindy.

    Fact is that Cindy was not fit to clean Parliament’s toilets, let alone ran the country.
    Hear me, I beg ya.

    Beware of Dandelo.

  10. #3170
    ****
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    NZ
    Posts
    5,056

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Do a simple comparison of Key’s & National’s polls rating when he quit vs Ardern’s & Labour’s when Ardern quit.

    Then, of what National got by way of votes in 2017 vs Labour in 2023.

    The answer is so very obvious as to what the country thought of Clueless Cindy.

    Fact is that Cindy was not fit to clean Parliament’s toilets, let alone ran the country.
    Yeah fair enough & Ardern was obviously goneski no doubt about that. It would have a close run thing I think for Key especially with Winston not wanting a bar of him.

    Here is an interesting cloud diagram on how the attitude to Key had changed from 2011 to 2016. It's pretty much how my attitude changed towards him as well after voting for him in 2008 & 2011.

    https://thespinoff.co.nz/politics/23...hn-keys-legacy

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •