sharetrader
Page 4 of 282 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
    Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    Iceman well you have got this thread off to a very poor start.
    It's obvious to everyone that the tail is wagging the dog and this thread should be called
    NZF/ACT/NAT. ��
    Did you not listen to or read news today ? National has ministries such as PM, Finance, Health, Education, Immigration, Housing, Infrastructure, RMA reform, Agriculture, Transport, Justice, AG, Defence, Corrections, Police, Conservation, Climate Change, Speaker and a few others. They also have 14 of 20 Cabinet seats and nearly all of their "100 point plan" will be implemented pronto.

Unlike you, I think much of NZ agrees we are off to a good start today which is great as they have a lot to do to clean up the mess.
    Last edited by iceman; 24-11-2023 at 04:28 PM.

Guru

Wow just wow!

What a fantastic set of policies they have nutted out across that table the last few weeks.

No more 3 waters,
    no more Maori Health Authority
    No more ute tax
    Charter Schools back
    Public service numbers back to 2017 levels
    Covid Inquiry
    Firearms register gone.
    Goodbye He Pua Pua
    Bye Bye UNDRIP being binding

I could go on and on, as there is so much more, but this large list is so satisfying!

Ok a few more that came to mind that are so good. (thanks Taxpayers union for reminding me)
    o Auckland Light Rail
    o Let’s Get Wellington Moving
    o The Income Insurance tax
    o Lake Onslow Pumped Hydro – This was a Think Big scale boondoggle that has screwed up investment in electricity generation for too long. Good to get certainty on this.
    • Remove co-governance from delivery of public services and ensure government contracts awarded are based on value, not race – T
    • Repeal the Natural and Built Environment Act 2023 and the Spatial Planning Act 2023 by Christmas. –
    • Replace the RMA with new laws focused on property rights. –
    Last edited by blackcap; 24-11-2023 at 04:50 PM. Reason: Added a few more

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Wow just wow!

What a fantastic set of policies they have nutted out across that table the last few weeks.

No more 3 waters,
    no more Maori Health Authority
    No more ute tax
    Charter Schools back
    Public service numbers back to 2017 levels
    Covid Inquiry
    Firearms register gone.
    Goodbye He Pua Pua
    Bye Bye UNDRIP being binding

I could go on and on, as there is so much more, but this large list is so satisfying!

Roger that .. 5+ terms coming up & 5+ terms of the Red Indians trying to be unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Did you not listen or read news today ? National has ministries such as PM, Finance, Health, Education, Immigration, Housing, Infrastructure, RMA reform, Agriculture, Transport, Justice, AG, Defence, Corrections, Police, Conservation, Climate Change, Speaker and a few others. They also have 14 of 20 Cabinet seats and nearly all of their "100 point plan" will be implemented pronto.

Unlike you, I think much of NZ agrees we are off to a good start today which is great as they have a lot to do to clean up the mess.
    Gawd where is everyone's sense of humour today. Lighten up its Friday!

National got PM? There's a surprise.
    Luxon lost his prized foreign buyer tax which was always a joke anyway & the numbers didn't stack up, so no real loss as the numbers weren't real,.however there is that hole in their budget now to fill.

Winston is Foreign Affairs & Shane is RDM.
    So they are representing the Government to the World & National's heartland the regions.
    I would say they got exactly what they wanted.

The real loser out of this though is Seymour & ACT.

On another note, I agree with others, once NAF get their feet under the table I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of ugly stuff uncovered.
    Time will tell.

Legend

Pot calling the...
    I have hardly posted here in weeks.
    It's amazing how yourself, Balance & to a lesser degree NZTX can't tolerate that other people think differently to you.

I have heaps of right wing mates, in fact probably the majority are right wingers.
    They are all good, deluded but good. 🤣
    Didn't the deluded just get emptied out ?

Legend

Gawd where is everyone's sense of humour today. Lighten up its Friday!

National got PM? There's a surprise.
    Luxon lost his prized foreign buyer tax which was always a joke anyway & the numbers didn't stack up, so no real loss as the numbers weren't real,.however there is that hole in their budget now to fill.

Winston is Foreign Affairs & Shane is RDM.
    So they are representing the Government to the World & National's heartland the regions.
    I would say they got exactly what they wanted.

The real loser out of this though is Seymour & ACT.

On another note, I agree with others, once NAF get their feet under the table I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of ugly stuff uncovered.
    Time will tell.
    A fair ton of ugly stuff from Lab/Greens reign likely to come out - Time will tell .. you're correct

Legend

Pot calling the...
    I have hardly posted here in weeks.
    It's amazing how yourself, Balance & to a lesser degree NZTX can't tolerate that other people think differently to you.

I have heaps of right wing mates, in fact probably the majority are right wingers.
    That's hard to believe - how do they put up with you!

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Logen Ninefingers View Post
    I said before the election I'd post a lot less on politics and I've been true to my word. But how extraordinary to see the likes of red panda, red skies, and daytr are still going hell-for-leather on the whingeing / snark, & they probably will be at it for the remainder of their lives.

If you think this coalition government is not going to be subjected to the same level of scrutiny as the last Labour govt, you'd better turn off your TV, radio, & cancel all your newspaper & media subscriptions pronto.
    The 3 leader press conference today was pretty extraordinary, Luxon unable to control his Deputies, Seymour dominating the introductions & looking Prime Ministerial, Winston looking irritated & not wanting to be there, Luxon getting frustrated with an antagonistic Winston & trying to shut him up with an "alright, alright" then later hastening him off the platform.
    Even later this afternoon on ZB Seymour admitting, "I don't have to like the people I go to work with" a post announcement reaction to Winston.

I presume you want this govt to work so it just doesn't bode well that the very first time we see the 3 leaders together after forming the government, there's obvious friction & tension, & they really don't trust each other.
    And if you saw the Herald photo of the 3 leaders walking away after the announcement, the expressions on Luxon & Winston's face said it all!
    No chemistry there at all.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Centre-lefties have great personalities compared to, say, dave and luxon. More open minded too.

Not surprising as they probably go (& get invited to) more parties.
    Last edited by Panda-NZ-; 24-11-2023 at 04:53 PM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post

hope they're more tolerant than folks on here