sharetrader
Page 5 of 282 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Panda-NZ- View Post
    Centre-lefties have great personalities compared to, say, dave and luxon. More open minded too.

Not surprising as they probably go (& get invited to) more parties.

Do they ? .. speaking from experience, are you ?

Can just imagine some of the riverting conversations being splattered off the walls ..

Nice to see there are still many sympathetic & kind hearted out there, after 6 years of it being thrown at them..
    Last edited by nztx; 24-11-2023 at 05:43 PM.

Legend

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/politi...AEJMHDSLPQQ6I/

The review of every single Treaty clause in legislation is probably intended by NZF as a word search-delete all exercise but to the extent it will involve codifying existing rights at all it is a *massive* piece of work

bound to get Marama the Greenie squawking loudly but the next encore will likely be when Winston spots her

how fast can she ride her tricycle backwards ?

ASH 'shocked' Smokefree laws will be repealed

Action on Smoking and Health NZ (ASH) says it is dismayed at the new coalition government’s announcement today that it will repeal the country’s Smokefree laws.
    Good riddance to this BS too

Hipkins reacts: Claims new Government’s policies “will ultimately take New Zealanders backwards”

Poor Chipkins still hasn't woken up to what backwards is

and that's after tossing how many overboard out over the side in just 9 or so months .. ?

before himself being sent unceremoniously packing by the Greater New Zealanders ..
    Last edited by nztx; 24-11-2023 at 05:24 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    Gawd where is everyone's sense of humour today. Lighten up its Friday!

National got PM? There's a surprise.
    Luxon lost his prized foreign buyer tax which was always a joke anyway & the numbers didn't stack up, so no real loss as the numbers weren't real,.however there is that hole in their budget now to fill.

Winston is Foreign Affairs & Shane is RDM.
    So they are representing the Government to the World & National's heartland the regions.
    I would say they got exactly what they wanted.

The real loser out of this though is Seymour & ACT.

On another note, I agree with others, once NAF get their feet under the table I wouldn't be surprised to see a lot of ugly stuff uncovered.
    Time will tell.
    I do wonder if the foreign buyers tax with its fantastical revenue raising was only introduced as potential post-election sacrifice when bargaining with NZF. It will be good to see some of the more apartheid-like policies of the previous government nipped in the bud.

All the best to Cluxon’s Coalition as they govern Aotearoa NZ.
    Last edited by Bjauck; 24-11-2023 at 05:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nztx View Post
    A fair ton of ugly stuff from Lab/Greens reign likely to come out - Time will tell .. you're correct
    All the juicy stuff to come out of the Covid inquiry.

Eg. How did NZ went from #1 in the vaccine queue to one of the very last?

Eg. Why was the initial quarantine regime so porous and chaotic?

Eg. Why did Hipkins try to shut down Charlotte Bellis by using confidential and private information?

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    That's hard to believe - how do they put up with you!
    Because we are all tolerant of each others views and can debate without getting all up tight about it.

Believe me I debate as much with my Greenie / Lefty mates as well and get it pretty much from both sides which is a pretty clear recognition that I am fairly centrist. Lefty on some issues, right on others.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Wow just wow!

What a fantastic set of policies they have nutted out across that table the last few weeks.

No more 3 waters,
    no more Maori Health Authority
    No more ute tax
    Charter Schools back
    Public service numbers back to 2017 levels
    Covid Inquiry
    Firearms register gone.
    Goodbye He Pua Pua
    Bye Bye UNDRIP being binding

I could go on and on, as there is so much more, but this large list is so satisfying!

Ok a few more that came to mind that are so good. (thanks Taxpayers union for reminding me)
    o Auckland Light Rail
    o Let’s Get Wellington Moving
    o The Income Insurance tax
    o Lake Onslow Pumped Hydro – This was a Think Big scale boondoggle that has screwed up investment in electricity generation for too long. Good to get certainty on this.
    • Remove co-governance from delivery of public services and ensure government contracts awarded are based on value, not race – T
    • Repeal the Natural and Built Environment Act 2023 and the Spatial Planning Act 2023 by Christmas. –
    • Replace the RMA with new laws focused on property rights. –
    Some good stuff there, however why would you get rid of a guns register?
    Not so sure about Charter Schools either.
    But the rest are pretty much areas I struggled with as well.

Guru

Now all we need is a Captain Cook day on the 8th October (the day the colonialists landed) to really get the lefties unhinged.

In all seriousness though, maybe a change from Waitangi day to NZ day is on the cards as well. There is good precedent for this as happened in the 70's. Waitangi day is just so divisive and is holding the country back.

Guru

They're getting rid of the productivity commission, not sure about MBIE but dave wants it axed

Legend

They're getting rid of the productivity commission, not sure about MBIE but dave wants it axed
    Probably should be renamed "The Unproductivity Commission" before being thrown on the bomb fire..

Must be a large raft of these bureaucratic bunkum commissions and other similar structures with their straws out

the chainsaw will be really busy removing the legs out from under all the useless deadweight

same story every time Labour get given the boot, isn't it ?
    Last edited by nztx; 24-11-2023 at 05:37 PM.

Guru

It would be fantastic if MBIE got axed.