sharetrader
Page 6 of 315 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Now all we need is a Captain Cook day on the 8th October (the day the colonialists landed) to really get the lefties unhinged.

In all seriousness though, maybe a change from Waitangi day to NZ day is on the cards as well. There is good precedent for this as happened in the 70's. Waitangi day is just so divisive and is holding the country back.
    Nice wind up but will never happen. I.e Waitangi day was the founding of a nation so will never be replaced.

Seymour couldn't get his referendum through thank god, speaking of being divisive.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    Nice wind up but will never happen. I.e Waitangi day was the founding of a nation so will never be replaced.

Seymour couldn't get his referendum through thank god, speaking of being divisive.

Sure you didn't mean Aotearoa Day ?

Folk over out off the east might want a "Chatham Islands Day" to celebrate .. no problem with that, is there ?
    Last edited by nztx; 24-11-2023 at 05:51 PM.

Dilettante

Gawd where is everyone's sense of humour today. Lighten up its Friday!
    Sorry I must be the only one that don’t see your posts oozing with humour & celebration. I suggest you stay out of the rowdy partying wool and cowsheds around NZ tonight and the numerous pubs of celebrating people.

Your “humour” is highly likely to be misunderstood by the people who voted for and got a return to common sense 😀

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Sorry I must be the only one that don’t see your posts oozing with humour & celebration. I suggest you stay out of the rowdy partying wool and cowsheds around NZ tonight and the numerous pubs of celebrating people.

Your “humour” is highly likely to be misunderstood by the people who voted for and got a return to common sense 😀
    So you just described blinkered thinking.

I said long before the election Labour had to go.
    I'm not exactly celebrating as there will be areas that will improve & others I fear won't.
    Let's see the proof in the pudding.
    I hope the new Government does well for NZ as that's what we all want.

Very very pleased to see Mike King’s mental health charitable trust Gumboot Friday given a $6m boost.

Absolute disgrace that te WTF Ora under Labour spent $1.9 billion on mental health and over $200m on consultants in the last two years to achieve bugger all while Gumboot Friday got nothing despite helping hundreds of youngsters cope with mental health issues.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/happy-...I6WR7LBUFEB3Y/

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Very very pleased to see Mike King’s mental health charitable trust Gumboot Friday given a $6m boost.

Absolute disgrace that te WTF Ora under Labour spent $1.9 billion on mental health and over $200m on consultants in the last two years to achieve bugger all while Gumboot Friday got nothing despite helping hundreds of youngsters cope with mental health issues.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/happy-...I6WR7LBUFEB3Y/
    Did they spend $1.9Bln?
    But yes agree funding of Gumboot Friday is a good result.

Did they spend $1.9Bln?
    But yes agree funding of Gumboot Friday is a good result.
    It sure was spent. In fact, $200m more was added to the mental health budget in 2022.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/budget...L6T4IHECSCTCA/

All wasted like everything under Ardern & Hipkins & Little.

Good news that te WTF Ora is going back to Health NZ - emphasis back to frontline services rather than woke tokenism.
    Last edited by Balance; 24-11-2023 at 08:39 PM.

Legend

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/incomi...OVMRPKSRZO6PM/

Incoming-Deputy Prime Minister Winston Peters blasts te reo Māori names for government departments

Incoming-Deputy Prime Minister Winston Peters has slammed te reo Māori names for government departments, saying “communications is about comprehension and understanding”.

'How can you have a waka on the road?': Peters slams te reo Māori names

Whoa - Go easy Brother -- before decapitating them, everyone wants to know whose spelling it was that was so bad that they missed out a Letter, how many pot holes they fell into and what they were drinking the night before to produce such an outstanding effort ... and of course the size of the Consultancy fee ; )
    Last edited by nztx; 24-11-2023 at 09:15 PM.

Guru

Because we are all tolerant of each others views and can debate without getting all up tight about it.

Believe me I debate as much with my Greenie / Lefty mates as well and get it pretty much from both sides which is a pretty clear recognition that I am fairly centrist. Lefty on some issues, right on others.
    Daytr, when you do "debate " politics with your lefty/green mates and matetrsses do you tell them that " the left is a lie " first and foremost so as to let them know that their politics is a load of lies / B S ?

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by nztx View Post
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/incomi...OVMRPKSRZO6PM/

Incoming-Deputy Prime Minister Winston Peters blasts te reo Māori names for government departments

Whoa - Go easy Brother -- before decapitating them, everyone wants to know whose spelling it was that was so bad that they missed out a Letter, how many pot holes they fell into and what they were drinking the night before to produce such an outstanding effort ... and of course the size of the Consultancy fee ; )
    I listened to Winston interviewed by HDPA today. He said a lot about the changes coming regarding the "Treaty industry" including:
    # Government funding of cultural reports for court cases cancelled
    # Change all Government departments names to English language
    # Remove any references to the "principles of the Treaty of Waitangi" in new and existing legislation
    # Cancel the Maori Health Authority
    # Remove the 2 unelected maori seats on Ecan
    # Remove favoured status on hospital waiting lists for any race
    # Cancel any 3 Waters organisations and return assets to councils

He mentioned quite a few more but it is good that we go back to what Winston called "common sense policies"
    Last edited by iceman; 24-11-2023 at 11:51 PM.