sharetrader
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ronaldson View Post
    HGH announcement today will create an interesting exercise for XP04, given it is a popular competition choice with, by my count, 30 entrants selecting it as a pick.

When the current trading halt is lifted the share price will be quoted "ex entitlement" but holders should be credited with another 1 share for every 6.85 held (fractional outcomes are rounded down) at a $1 subscription price, at least from the allotment date.

XP04 may be kind enough to tell us all how/when the competition spreadsheet is to be adjusted?
    I’d say let him assume those 30 won’t participate in the cap raise because they don’t have ‘spare cash’ to do so eh …..so number of shares don’t change.
    Last edited by winner69; 08-04-2024 at 12:23 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Then again XP04 might think yes let them participate in the capital raise ……but they need to sell enough to cover the cost of the new ones as they don’t have any ‘spare cash’

So have 6756 shares now …..entitled to 986 more at $1 …..price close to closing date say $1.00 some 986 needs to be sold …..voila they will still have 6756 shares in competition.

But let’s say share price is $1.10 when they come to sell …only need to sell 896 shares to get the 986 new ones …só end with 90 extra shares.

All seems too hard for XP04 so I stick to saying let’s assume no participation in rights issue and they just keep the 6756 shares

But then again one could say they do have ‘spare cash’ …..the $251 in divies …but not enough to take up the full entitlement

There will be 30 entrants clamouring not to be "stiffed" here.

Perhaps if keeping the same number of shares/the original $10k investment intact is integral to maintaining balance in the competition then holders can be deemed to have notionally taken up their entitlement at $1 per share and then on-sold them, thereby receiving the difference as an extra (untaxed) "dividend"? Then the issue would become when they were deemed to have onsold, which might need to be some date after the allotment date on 26 April and when the dust has settled?

Stop it you two, you're making my head hurt!
    I will be taking up my entitlement and after reading the above I don't care how XP04 handles it-I'll be fine with whatever he decides to do.
    But then I'm not going to be in the running for a top place finish, so that helps.......

There will be 30 entrants clamouring not to be "stiffed" here.

Perhaps if keeping the same number of shares/the original $10k investment intact is integral to maintaining balance in the competition then holders can be deemed to have notionally taken up their entitlement at $1 per share and then on-sold them, thereby receiving the difference as an extra (untaxed) "dividend"? Then the issue would become when they were deemed to have onsold, which might need to be some date after the allotment date on 26 April and when the dust has settled?
    Seems only about 50% of shareholders participated in the last capital raise ……possibly only 50% this time

I still say assume contestants don’t participate this time ….nice and easy for XP04

And if share price ends year at 80 cents they be better off
    Last edited by winner69; 08-04-2024 at 02:39 PM.

On the doghouse

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    I’d say let him assume those 30 won’t participate in the cap raise because they don’t have ‘spare cash’ to do so eh …..so number of shares don’t change.
    No sure which pseudonym you have entered the competition under this year Winner. But it is a fair bet that I can now identify 30 that aren't you!

SNOOPY
    Watch out for the most persistent and dangerous version of Covid-19: B.S.24/7

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
    No sure which pseudonym you have entered the competition under this year Winner. But it is a fair bet that I can now identify 30 that aren't you!

SNOOPY
    Ok Snoops ….you tell XP04 how to handle this …so you benefit

HGH announcement today will create an interesting exercise for XP04, given it is a popular competition choice with, by my count, 30 entrants selecting it as a pick.

When the current trading halt is lifted the share price will be quoted "ex entitlement" but holders should be credited with another 1 share for every 6.85 held (fractional outcomes are rounded down) at a $1 subscription price, at least from the allotment date.

XP04 may be kind enough to tell us all how/when the competition spreadsheet is to be adjusted?
    Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Then again XP04 might think yes let them participate in the capital raise ……but they need to sell enough to cover the cost of the new ones as they don’t have any ‘spare cash’

So have 6756 shares now …..entitled to 986 more at $1 …..price close to closing date say $1.00 some 986 needs to be sold …..voila they will still have 6756 shares in competition.

But let’s say share price is $1.10 when they come to sell …only need to sell 896 shares to get the 986 new ones …só end with 90 extra shares.

All seems too hard for XP04 so I stick to saying let’s assume no participation in rights issue and they just keep the 6756 shares
    I surely may The rule is 3.2) Rights issue will be calculated as following: Number of rights will calculated according to declared ratio. Amount needed to buy new shares will be Number of rights multiplied by Exercise/Issue Price. To cover that amount Number of existing shares will be "sold". That number will be Amount needed divided by Share price at the end of the first trading day after the announcement. Difference between new Issued shares and shares "sold" to cover cost will be added to your holding.
    It could be found on Info tab of the spreadsheet by the way. So, winner69 pretty much has it right. Spreadsheet will be updated after new shares allocated or soon after. Value of new shares will be displayed separately in Rights Adjustment column on Stocks tab.
    Also, I think Truscreen and TradeWindow are doing (did) equity raising as well. They will be added too.
    Thanks.

Another down week for Mr Market, with the index -0.67% so no surprise we still have a century of folk who are negative for the year to date. What the Stock has defied the odds and is a magnificent 24.64% positive, opening up a significant gap over Waiutu who not that long ago had narrowed the margin to second to less than 2% but is now adrift by just under 12% even though posting a highly creditable +12.96%.

Some recognisable names have entered the Top 10, namely alokdhir, rocketboy and Rawz, but we have said goodbye, maybe only temporarily, to Leemsip, hamish and gerald who have relinquished their places in the sun just now. THE STG, moose and jbmurc are lurking ominously, waiting for their chance at glory.

Wooden spooner this week is baldie, down 26 places, but matched in the other direction by BlackBull Research and Neophyte who moved up that number of places despite being -3.54% and -5.40% respectively at the weekend and lanquishing overall.

I don't think HGH has been adjusted yet (see Post #119 above) or TRU or TWL so some will be waiting on that. But it is a real contest this year and no doubt many twists and turns yet to be revealed. Keep safe over the holiday period and cross fingers that you will be higher in the standings soon!