sharetrader
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Muse View Post
    I’ve been using IBKR Pro for my USA stuff which is all passive. Set up is pretty easy, transferring of funds is easy, fx rates are extremely sharp, brokerage low, and can access lowest cost ETFs directly. Am looking around for an equal weighted SPY to compliment my other US etfs but for some reason the fees on those are unexpectedly high (but miles cheaper than smartshares). Havent used Hatch or other platforms yet
    Does the FDR Tax Treatment of investing direct offset not more than offset the NZX ETF fees and PIE tax treatment?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by JeffW View Post
    Does the FDR Tax Treatment of investing direct offset not more than offset the NZX ETF fees and PIE tax treatment?
    I cant invest into PIEs. Or local ETFs. Well I can but its not tax efficient - on account of my multiple passports. Long story and not relevant to 99% of people here.

This competition is currently a health hazard. Only 45/158 are actually in positive territory at market close today.

I wonder what the average score is. I am 58th at minus 1.12% so that tells a tale!

FBU and RYM are only some contributors to to the malaise. There are many more. I hope folks real portfolios are in better shape.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ronaldson View Post
    This competition is currently a health hazard. Only 45/158 are actually in positive territory at market close today.

I wonder what the average score is. I am 58th at minus 1.12% so that tells a tale!

FBU and RYM are only some contributors to to the malaise. There are many more. I hope folks real portfolios are in better shape.

Hahaha .. enuff of that - I'm not complaining .. ATM has been really kind

Now without that - I would say NZX is a Health Hazzard .. ASX more volatile but
    easier to dodge the multitude of dead, dying and crippled broken ^** outfits
    and other casualties that hang out between the vast lines of NZX Funds etc
    Last edited by nztx; 19-02-2024 at 11:58 PM.

Yeah the NZX is a bloodbath. This is what happens heading into a recession. Anything selling to Kiwis gets pumped, unless its mandatory.
    I hope my exporting Scales, TWR insurance and boring electricity can hold the line.

Interesting week for this competition by any measure, with some serious volatility!

Congratulations to "northcote" who has now finally relinquished last place to another unfortunate soul, and to "Tim Nice But Dim" who was the biggest mover, up a massive 95 places and coming from the clouds to 45th on the list.

Competitors to watch are "Felix" and "carrom74", both up 38 places to 5th and 7th respectively to lodge their challenge.

Comrade Ardern has 5 solid picks in FBU ARV RYM OCA and GNE

2nd last and -15%

Who would have thought that but no worries come year end could be near the top

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Comrade Ardern has 5 solid picks in FBU ARV RYM OCA and GNE

2nd last and -15%

Who would have thought that but no worries come year end could be near the top
    Few possess the ability of Ardern to drive an economy that far down the list.

I'm out of the top 10 now. I should never have included the NZX50...or maybe it will pick up steam. Who the hell knows.
    Last edited by Bobdn; 24-02-2024 at 10:07 PM.

Iceman number 3 with some solid ETF picks. I'm number four. Are US small caps starting to work?

Time for Journey's "Don't stop believing"

https://youtu.be/VcjzHMhBtf0?si=QT7cRuSXqU9mRvVE
    Last edited by Bobdn; 04-03-2024 at 04:32 PM.