sharetrader
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdn View Post
    I'm out of the top 10 now. I should never have included the NZX50...or maybe it will pick up steam. Who the hell knows.
    Well, you are back in 6th place and shining brightly.

But just look at all those negative 1% or more and sailing on the Red Sea! Only two months into the competition and its already looking terminal for many.

The Government reset is just starting to bite, a fall in interest rates is further in the distance and it doesn't seem many have much free cash to invest so the restoration of halcyon days is not in prospect. Can anyone possibly catch What the stock?

the market is rough right now. hard to hide from it. red day after red day it seems. lots of bargains out there. wish i had more cash to invest

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    the market is rough right now. hard to hide from it. red day after red day it seems. lots of bargains out there. wish i had more cash to invest
    I'm thinking more downside to come yet.

A question or two about dividends.

I have KFL in my picks (don't really know why - I have regretted it), which has just gone ex a 2.58c pie dividend. Is credit given in the competition for that after the ex date (ie now, when the on-market share price falls to reflect that) or only on/after the payment date?

And for non pie dividends is it the gross or net dividend credited?

Quote Originally Posted by ronaldson View Post
    A question or two about dividends.

I have KFL in my picks (don't really know why - I have regretted it), which has just gone ex a 2.58c pie dividend. Is credit given in the competition for that after the ex date (ie now, when the on-market share price falls to reflect that) or only on/after the payment date?

And for non pie dividends is it the gross or net dividend credited?
    1) Dividends added to total return on ex date and displayed in Dividends column on Stocks tab
    2) Non pie dividends calculate as net dividends. You can see explanation on Info tab

Thanks xp04. That all seems the right approach.

Another week done and dusted and I'm told the NZX is up 1.5% over that period. Certainly 57/158 are now in positive territory. Big improver Paint it Black is up into 4th position (from 25th) to look dangerous on the leaderboard.

Commiserations to whirly, down 46 places, and congratulations to Rawz finally showing his class with the biggest rise, 35 places to rest in 26th.

What will next week bring?

Week done. NZX must have reverted to type (actually, down 1.3% for the week) as only 45/158 are in positive territory. More than 100 competitors are busy sailing on the dreaded Red Sea at 1% or more negative.

Big winner is Borneo climbing 40 places to reach the Top 10 in eighth. Big loser JUSTASKPERCY has dropped 45 places to be 148th and percy, who has exactly the same portfoio selection but with ARV in lieu of BRW, down 35 places to 134th.

Does anyone think the situation can be rescued? It looks unlikely any real improvement can manifest until mid/late May when the next round of results announcements are promulgated, and even that circumstance is probably fraught.
    Last edited by ronaldson; 15-03-2024 at 07:44 PM.

US small caps delivering Iceman and me to the promised land!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdn View Post
    US small caps delivering Iceman and me to the promised land!
    Correct, but What the stock still leads although Waiuta has narrowed the gap.

Big winner this week is silverblizzard.888 who rose 42 places, while nomis managed to slip 34 places down the list. Still the lower 100 are in red number territory, and only 44 are green with hamish powering into a Top 10 placing.

This is proving a difficult year, where only the fittest look likely to survive!