sharetrader
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    Guru

Thumbs down Grant Robertson Im out of here.

After he has managed to stuff in N Z economy has today announced , " Im out of here " and not staying around to repair the N Z economy that he stuffed while at the helm of it, typical labour , do as I say not as I do.
    Remember, " the left is a lie " how much more proof do you want than this ?

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    After he has managed to stuff in N Z economy has today announced , " Im out of here " and not staying around to repair the N Z economy that he stuffed while at the helm of it, typical labour , do as I say not as I do.
    Biggest arsehole is Robertson and now, Otago University wants the same wretched treatment he gave to the NZ economy.

Says a lot about Otago University and what our tertiary institutions have become - woke and useless.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Biggest arsehole is Robertson and now, Otago University wants the same wretched treatment he gave to the NZ economy.

Says a lot about Otago University and what our tertiary institutions have become - woke and useless.
    Third grade degrees from third ( turd ) grade employees imho.

IMO

Sorry to hear this. A great compassionate being and i wouldn't have wanted anyone other finance minister to steer us through covid and inflation.A real loss for Labour but a fantastic gain for the university, who prob are pinching themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by whatsup View Post
    Otago Uni is looking to rack up some $230m in debt this July just to keep the doors open..... Robbo "hold my beer"

Otago uni debt BLOWOUT way past predictions
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Sorry to hear this. A great compassionate being and i wouldn't have wanted anyone other finance minister to steer us through covid and inflation.A real loss for Labour but a fantastic gain for the university, who prob are pinching themselves.

I agree, these people who say the economy is 'stuffed' Imo have no sense of perspective.

Despite the Global Pandemic & 2 catastrophic cyclones, 2 of the only 3 'National States of Emergency' this country has ever had, economists note we have one of the lowest Govt Debts in the world amongst Developed nations.

Our Debt to GDP Ratio though peaking, is no higher (just) than in 2012 following the GFC.

Real Economists from global Credit Agencies give NZ very solid credit ratings due to the way the economy has been managed through the pandemic years.

There was huge support through the pandemic. Businesses were kept afloat & employees in jobs through the pandemic & the domestic economy actually took off.
    It's govt's job to smooth out sharp impacts of shocks to the economy, using surpluses & deficits.

Unemployment is at historically low levels.

Inflation trending down.

A number of FTA's were negotiated &/or signed off during the Labour govt. (5 in total from memory. )

Not denying there's huge problems & challenges ahead but let's give some credit where credits due.
    Just like after the GFC, the economy is very slowly recovering in a fragile global environment.
    It's what this govt does next which is important.

I noted an economist saying recently Nicola Willis intends changing our Nett Debt to GDP ratio (similar to other nations) back to the old Gross Debt to GDP ratio for purely political reasons as will help her dampen spending expectations.

Just about every economist prior to the election said National's numbers don't add up, we could all see it then, we're starting to see the impact now & now some posters here are slamming Grant Robertson !
    Last edited by Blue Skies; 20-02-2024 at 03:46 PM.

Garbage as usual from Blue Skies, regurgitating from Labour’s playbook of excuses and BS.

Addicted to spending and wasteful spending while loading up on debt - that's Robertson.

Last edited by Balance; 20-02-2024 at 04:20 PM.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
    I agree, these people who say the economy is 'stuffed' Imo have no sense of perspective.

Despite the Global Pandemic & 2 catastrophic cyclones, 2 of the only 3 'National States of Emergency' this country has ever had, economists note we have one of the lowest Govt Debts in the world amongst Developed nations.

Our Debt to GDP Ratio though peaking, is no higher (just) than in 2012 following the GFC.

Real Economists from global Credit Agencies give NZ very solid credit ratings due to the way the economy has been managed through the pandemic years.

There was huge support through the pandemic. Businesses were kept afloat & employees in jobs through the pandemic & the domestic economy actually took off.
    It's govt's job to smooth out sharp impacts of shocks to the economy, using surpluses & deficits.

Unemployment is at historically low levels.

Inflation trending down.

A number of FTA's were negotiated &/or signed off during the Labour govt. (5 in total from memory. )

Not denying there's huge problems & challenges ahead but let's give some credit where credits due.
    Just like after the GFC, the economy is very slowly recovering in a fragile global environment.
    It's what this govt does next which is important.

I noted an economist saying recently Nicola Willis intends changing our Nett Debt to GDP ratio (similar to other nations) back to the old Gross Debt to GDP ratio for purely political reasons as will help her dampen spending expectations.

Just about every economist prior to the election said National's numbers don't add up, we could all see it then, we're starting to see the impact now & now some posters here are slamming Grant Robertson !

B S , What you say this is simply not true, if you add to the unemployment ranks, the people who are on a Job seeker benefit , sickness benefit you would get closer to 8-10% true unemployment, a family member has been on a jobseeker benefit for two years now , does not have to apply for jobs and has been given another year to find a interview let alone a job, discusting but that the Labour dogma, dont hurt the unemployeds feelings or they might have a break down !!

Guru

I hear that David Parker and Clare Curran both got employed by Otago University as well.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    Garbage as usual from Blue Skies, regurgitating from Labour’s playbook of excuses and BS.

Addicted to spending and wasteful spending while loading up on debt - that's Robertson.

See - you illustrate my point, no perspective.

You seriously compare figures from 2017 with 2023 without a glimmer of irony.
    Blindly ignoring how low our Govt Debt to GDP ratio is compared to most other developed nations in the world. (We're one of the lowest)

NZ has only ever declared three "National States of Emergency".

ONE was following the GFC when our Debt to GDP ratio in 2012 under National govt was actually higher or around the same as now.
    And the other TWO were the Global Pandemic ( a once in 100 year event) & the 2 catastrophic Cyclones.

So how do you explain this, why was Grant Robertson such an appalling Minister of Finance?
    And how do you explain the contradiction between the economy being in such a mess while we can afford $14.6 billion in tax cuts & we desperately need money spent on infrastructure.
    How does that work if not by magic?
    As I've said before, all govt's waste money, all I'm saying is keep some perspective.