sharetrader
    Advanced Member

Default WTC - Wisetech Global

I'm not big on tech but WTC has been a real winner for me. Market seems to love this mornings update. Great company, eye watering metrics, but was when I invested at 18bucks and haven't regretted that decision
    https://cdn-api.markitdigital.com/ap...4828-2A1506105

Pretty reactionary tends to have big sell offs after acquisitions are announced or bedded in, as they typically have lower margins that WTC itself (though WTC are able to strip out lots of costs), but re-rates strongly with the up-trend intact over time.

all fun and games while the company continues to grow.

Quote Originally Posted by Muse View Post
    I'm not big on tech but WTC has been a real winner for me. Market seems to love this mornings update. Great company, eye watering metrics, but was when I invested at 18bucks and haven't regretted that decision
    https://cdn-api.markitdigital.com/ap...4828-2A1506105

Pretty reactionary tends to have big sell offs after acquisitions are announced or bedded in, as they typically have lower margins that WTC itself (though WTC are able to strip out lots of costs), but re-rates strongly with the up-trend intact over time.

all fun and games while the company continues to grow.
    Have you sold since $18? Or just let it run?

My FND position is now ~40% of my portfolio so thinking about how to manage it when its running so hot.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rawz View Post
    Have you sold since $18? Or just let it run?

My FND position is now ~40% of my portfolio so thinking about how to manage it when its running so hot.
    I havent sold any.

Because I was such a softc@ck when I invested I only purchased a relatively small shareholding as a % of my portfolio (due to concerns around its valuation). Its turned into something more meaningful now - above average weighting. While I wonder about a re-rating should growth slow, because of my initial position I dont really think about it too much. If one day I need to purchase something above my future cash means this would be a contender. But no plans to.
    Last edited by Muse; 21-02-2024 at 04:46 PM.

Advanced Member

Up 7% yesterday to c.$95 … incredible.