sharetrader
Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: stx Strike Oil

Quote Originally Posted by evilroyrule View Post
    hey jb,

i got into stx at 30 and been buying all the way down. finally got my head above water today!

glad to hear your thoughts on cfe. im starting to think if we get back near to 50, im going to dump some. still heaps of good buys at the mo, no money to buy them. im out of mpo. weighing up mpo vs bow. more reading to do.
    I really like the look of MPO currently they have 10+ drill ongoing mainly in Canada watch the market re-rate if they hit a muti-mill oil discovery they already have good oil shows in most of the wells drilled testing an flows will be annoucement in the 2nd qtr good news here will spark the SP to new highs -their CSG discovery's an production in Aus is also a major plus IMHO
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Quote Originally Posted by JBmurc View Post
    Yeah good news be even better if my stoploss wasn't triggered selling just under half my STX holding sub 25c......
    Thanks JBM, I went against Phaedreus' advice and loaded up on STX during the recent downturn, so I probably got some of yours.

Very happy with todays little gain, and very much looking forward to the drilling of the next big well, which really could transform this company.

Now I wish the NDO shares I also bought during the recent sell off would also have a similar run.

Check this out lol.
    I have found the perfect Chart Provider

This is the free version of IC and it already shows todays close

According to IC the last candle is for Friday 19th Feb 2010

So thats a heads up for a 31c close

Default bit of a set back lets hope the US drilling bring as some more good news in the short

SOUTHERN COOPER CSG PROJECT DELAYED BY FLOOD
    The South Australia section of the Cooper Basin has now been isolated by road access following the cutting of the Moomba to Adelaide road (Strzelecki Track) by floodwaters in the Strzelecki Creek yesterday. This is likely to have a serious impact on all companies operating in the basin, including Strike Energy.
    The Southern Cooper CSG corehole programme in PEL 96, which was scheduled to commence in early April, will now be delayed. As it may take several weeks for the full extent of the damage to be assessed and the road crossing to be repaired, a commencement date for Strike’s operations has not been determined but is likely to be at least two months away. At this stage, no drilling equipment has been mobilised.
    Commenting on the delay of drilling, Strike Energy’s managing director, Simon Ashton, said:
    “While the Company regrets the delay in the Cooper Basin, the USA exploration drilling and the testing of the previously announced Louise gas discovery, which are due to commence in April, demonstrates the strength of participating in multiple projects”.
    Yours faithfully
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Default New discovery 2-5mmcfpd sweet

EXTENSIVE DRILLING PROGRAM SET TO START ON GULF COAST, TEXAS
    Highlights
    • Two rigs contracted for a new three-well exploration program
    • Drilling scheduled to commence within one week
    • Combined prospectivity of three new wells is up to 350 Bcf
    • US drilling program on track for up to ten wells in 2010, offering investors significant exposure to exploration in proven world-class petroleum province
    Strike Energy Limited (ASX:STK) is pleased to announce that the Eaglewood Joint Venture (Strike 30%) is due to commence a significant drilling program in the onshore Gulf Coast, Texas.
    Details of the first three wells are set out below:
    Prospect First Well Estimated Drill Start
    Homestead Muegge No 1 Early April
    Pathfinder Starnes No 1 Mid April
    Deerslayer (To Be Announced) June/July
    Total Prospective Resource 350 Bcf (Recoverable)
    Two drilling rigs have been contracted to drill the first two prospects simultaneously.
    All prospects are in the Wilcox trend onshore Texas where Strike has experienced three successes (the Mesquite, Rayburn and Louise discoveries) from five exploration wells to date.
    All prospects are conventional onshore Gulf Coast opportunities which have been selected as commercially attractive at gas prices in the $3 to $4/mcf price environment indicating their robust economic nature.
    In addition to the three new exploration wells, the Eaglewood Joint Venture is preparing to drill several other prospects as part of the program for 2010

Louise Production Facilities
    The installation of production facilities at the recent Louise gas discovery is nearing completion with the finalisation of tie-in arrangements to nearby pipeline infrastructure.
    Production testing and sales of gas will commence once the pipeline infrastructure has been installed.
    Strike Managing Director Simon Ashton said the Company was about to embark on an extensive exploration program which offered investors substantial upside.
    “The recent successful Louise discovery, where the initial well is expected to produce between two to five million cubic feet (MMcf) of gas per day, highlights the substantial potential of the onshore Gulf Coast prospects,” Mr Ashton said.
    Last edited by JBmurc; 08-04-2010 at 01:09 PM.

Advanced Member

EXTENSIVE DRILLING PROGRAM SET TO START ON GULF COAST, TEXAS
    Highlights
    • Two rigs contracted for a new three-well exploration program
    • Drilling scheduled to commence within one week
    • Combined prospectivity of three new wells is up to 350 Bcf
    • US drilling program on track for up to ten wells in 2010, offering investors significant exposure to exploration in proven world-class petroleum province
    Strike Energy Limited (ASX:STK) is pleased to announce that the Eaglewood Joint Venture (Strike 30%) is due to commence a significant drilling program in the onshore Gulf Coast, Texas.
    Details of the first three wells are set out below:
    Prospect First Well Estimated Drill Start
    Homestead Muegge No 1 Early April
    Pathfinder Starnes No 1 Mid April
    Deerslayer (To Be Announced) June/July
    Total Prospective Resource 350 Bcf (Recoverable)
    Two drilling rigs have been contracted to drill the first two prospects simultaneously.
    All prospects are in the Wilcox trend onshore Texas where Strike has experienced three successes (the Mesquite, Rayburn and Louise discoveries) from five exploration wells to date.
    All prospects are conventional onshore Gulf Coast opportunities which have been selected as commercially attractive at gas prices in the $3 to $4/mcf price environment indicating their robust economic nature.
    In addition to the three new exploration wells, the Eaglewood Joint Venture is preparing to drill several other prospects as part of the program for 2010

Louise Production Facilities
    The installation of production facilities at the recent Louise gas discovery is nearing completion with the finalisation of tie-in arrangements to nearby pipeline infrastructure.
    Production testing and sales of gas will commence once the pipeline infrastructure has been installed.
    Strike Managing Director Simon Ashton said the Company was about to embark on an extensive exploration program which offered investors substantial upside.
    “The recent successful Louise discovery, where the initial well is expected to produce between two to five million cubic feet (MMcf) of gas per day, highlights the substantial potential of the onshore Gulf Coast prospects,” Mr Ashton said.
    JB,
    STX is about to fire up. I have quite a bundle in a Trust to be exercised after 3 years or $2.00, whichever is earlier. I chose STX because it has just about everything you want in a junior oiler. It's profitable, has great oil, great gas and great unconventional gas. And hopefully I wont have to trouble my lawyer re capital raisings.

Quote Originally Posted by bermuda View Post
    JB,
    STX is about to fire up. I have quite a bundle in a Trust to be exercised after 3 years or $2.00, whichever is earlier. I chose STX because it has just about everything you want in a junior oiler. It's profitable, has great oil, great gas and great unconventional gas. And hopefully I wont have to trouble my lawyer re capital raisings.
    Yeah if only the market would take some notice STX volume was 766k the day before the great announment (talk about leaky ship)On the day of the great ann IMHO the volume was only 417k???
    an worst of all the sellers pushed it back to the open price 26.5c like it was just another day a not the day STX announced their recent discovery is flowing at between 2-5mmcfpd
    An the fact they were about to start one of the biggest set of drilling targets in STX history which could off only 3 wells ten-fold STX's current reserve position!!!.....Market Ho-hum?...

Advanced Member

Yeah if only the market would take some notice STX volume was 766k the day before the great announment (talk about leaky ship)On the day of the great ann IMHO the volume was only 417k???
    an worst of all the sellers pushed it back to the open price 26.5c like it was just another day a not the day STX announced their recent discovery is flowing at between 2-5mmcfpd
    An the fact they were about to start one of the biggest set of drilling targets in STX history which could off only 3 wells ten-fold STX's current reserve position!!!.....Market Ho-hum?...
    Yes, if they can increase their reserves by ten fold it will make a huge impact. The market likes increasing reserves!
    STX is poised to deliver over the next few years.

At last a few punters are starting to wake up.
    This share has been at ridiculously low levels for too long.

special needs

yes, about time to. anyone (cue monsieur drill) got a t/a take on the last week? have we turned the corner so to speak? obv must be up