sharetrader
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NTC

Banned

Default NTC

NTC is trading at 0.23 and there is a nice sounding announcement.
    Big Bounce?

Hi File Ant

Be supercareful...

That announcement, if you read para 2,3 and 4 carefully , NTC announcement, on My Reading IS A PROFIT DOWNGRADE....and Bankrutpcy/collapse of their Taiwanese Supplier....[}]

Be careful...Like MSI--Mark Sensing...Profit Downgrade, might be good to buy on the Downer...but it might bottom more yet, and Bad news tends to sometimes come out in twos and threes unfortunately...Also Big Chance of Price trneding downward or flatlining at very best for another half a year plus now unfortunately...

These are only my personal thoughts, and you make your own decsions....BUT... Again, IMO...Be Very cautious and tread very very Carefully with NTC; again only IMO.... Fileant...

YOU have a really good day..

Kind Regards,

Robbo.
    Robbo

Banned

I was reading...
    'Alliance - NetComm & Personal Broadband Australia'

Where did you get the profit downgrade inference?

Hi FileAnt:

Announcement at 11.51 am TODAY; being Thursday: 21/10/04; on the ASX Announcements for Netcom NTC....

>>> Entitled: "Company Outlook"

I think your looking/referring ?? -- at the announcement preceding todays, namely the one on Wednesday 20/10/04 --??-- afternoon, maybe... ???...

Kindest Regards,

Robbo.

quote:Originally posted by FileAnt

I was reading...
    'Alliance - NetComm & Personal Broadband Australia'

Where did you get the profit downgrade inference?
    Robbo

Banned

thx matey,
    commsec was slow to post that.

I will keep an eye on it, the selling and buying pressure still looks quite healthy.

Banned

A director bought shares today :o)

http://stocknessmonster.com/news-ite...E=ASX&N=560936

2009 Full Year Financial Results and Outlook

The Directors of NetComm Limited are pleased to announce EBITDA for the year ended 30 June 2009 of $6.2 million, representing an increase of 575% over the year ended 30 June 2008.

This result was underpinned by strong sales revenue of $78.5 million, equating to an increase of 305% over the year ended 30 June 2008.

Net Profit After Tax for the year ended 30 June 2009 was $5.9 million. This increase of 175% over the previous financial year, along with a strong cash flow position for the company, will enable NetComm to reinstate the payment of dividends.
    A further announcement on the value of the dividend will follow within 14 days.
    NetComm’s extremely strong performance is a direct result of the company’s successful implementation of its strategy to reduce its exposure to rapidly commoditizing broadband devices and position itself as a world-leading supplier of 3G wireless broadband technologies.

This focus on 3G product development has led to a concerted international marketing push that has seen approximately 35 trials
    undertaken with carriers around the world.

Nice gains over the last month.
    Worth a look if thinking about exposure to technology. Happy to hold.

Sold half today to be free carried . 100% rise in 2.5 months too tempting , but will let the remainder ride....
    Impressive performance despite the market jitters lately.
    Looking forward to the next quarterly , to see if sales momentum continues. Probably behind todays 9.5% rise .

Anyone else watching NTC?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Thumpa View Post
    Sold half today to be free carried . 100% rise in 2.5 months too tempting , but will let the remainder ride....
    Impressive performance despite the market jitters lately.
    Looking forward to the next quarterly , to see if sales momentum continues. Probably behind todays 9.5% rise .

Anyone else watching NTC?

You've certainly done well, and got me interested. The recent stratospheric rise looks scary, but I see that their P/E is still about 7 which is pretty modest for a strongly developing IT company. I also see that they describe themselves as "Award winning" and "Australia's most experienced provider of communications product services" - I wonder if others in this field would acknowledge the latter. But I do also note that they have been around for some 25 years which is encouraging. And I have a Dynalink modem! The launch into North America may also be a contributing factor in the recent steep rise in the sp.

All in all, I am tempted to throw a few dollars in this direction - also because I have no other IT company at present in my portfolio.