sharetrader
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

i've held pxs since the 80c days, sold and brought a couple of times but going back 6-7 posts in this thread i notice its was 3.14 in 2005........ 5 years later we're still here. heres hoping the 2nd lot of results are just as positive as the 1st and pxs can get regulatory approval.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by floyd View Post
    i've held pxs since the 80c days, sold and brought a couple of times but going back 6-7 posts in this thread i notice its was 3.14 in 2005........ 5 years later we're still here. heres hoping the 2nd lot of results are just as positive as the 1st and pxs can get regulatory approval.
    Announcement out today, and seems positive. So, why the extremely adverse market reaction? I haven't studied the announcement closely (been away from home, most of the day) but I am greatly puzzled.

Quote Originally Posted by COLIN View Post
    Announcement out today, and seems positive. So, why the extremely adverse market reaction? I haven't studied the announcement closely (been away from home, most of the day) but I am greatly puzzled.

The bit that says "The primary endpoint comparing the FEV
    1 mL improvement of Bronchitol to control over the 26 weeks, narrowly missed statistical significance (p=0.059)." seems to imply that they didn't quite reach the threshold which would indicate that the test results weren't a fluke. I reckon that's why they were hammered Colin.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Huang Chung View Post
    The bit that says "The primary endpoint comparing the FEV
    1 mL improvement of Bronchitol to control over the 26 weeks, narrowly missed statistical significance (p=0.059)." seems to imply that they didn't quite reach the threshold which would indicate that the test results weren't a fluke. I reckon that's why they were hammered Colin.

Thanks for that explanation, HC. I must admit these biotech reports get a bit technical for me at times.
    So, what do they do now - start all over again, in the hope of exceeding the threshold next time? That would take another six months, or more, and might not achieve any better result. Or do they just walk away from trying to prove Bronchitol's efficacy for this particular purpose and concentrate on its other proven benefits?
    Last edited by COLIN; 24-06-2010 at 04:33 PM.

Thanks for that explanation, HC. I must admit these biotech reports get a bit technical for me at times.
    So, what do they do now - start all over again, in the hope of exceeding the threshold next time? That would take another six months, or more, and might not achieve any better result. Or do they just walk away from trying to prove Bronchitol's efficacy for this particular purpose and concentrate on its other proven benefits?
    I guess they'll see what the FDA has to say, but they might have to do even more trials, which come and a cost, both in time and in dollars.

Still, a better outcome than if the tests indicated little or no patient benefit.

Advanced Member

Well, they took off once they announced on 6 October that the FDA had approved Aridol. And up nearly 10% today, when the overall market has been rather tepid.

What I don't understand, though, is the odd-looking nature of the individual share parcels that are being bid/offered/sold, e.g. the 1206's and the small trades. Is it staff exercising their options, or computer bots, or what?

Advanced Member

What I don't understand, though, is the odd-looking nature of the individual share parcels that are being bid/offered/sold, e.g. the 1206's and the small trades. Is it staff exercising their options, or computer bots, or what?
    Also noticed similar string of repetitive figures on another bio-tech which had a bit of a lift today - ACR - where there seem to be several "1,413" parcels strung out on the buy side.

Is it just my suspicious mind?

PXS down over 70% on negative Bronchitol result.

Don't hold PXS but ditched NZ BRM shares which had PXS recorded as about 12% of holding (prior to this result)

And PXS wasn't a small cap either.

Lots of hurt on this one unfortunately.

A stolwyk ramp of old ..... and nobody took the bait on this time ... or least nobody replied to his posts

he was a legend that stolwyk ... had some good stocks in his heyday

Hope the sharetrader forum in heaven has been as good for you as this one was
    Last edited by winner69; 25-05-2011 at 08:35 PM.