sharetrader
Page 104 of 341 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 3405

Thread: IFT - Infratil

Guru

From what I can tell, they are paying ~NZ$500k each which seems expensive. I thought buses were less than $400k:

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=10699271
    UK bus-maker targets NZ manufacturing base

3:00 PM Wednesday Jan 12, 2011
    An Alexander Dennis Enviro200 bus. Photo / Wikimedia Commons, posted by user Arriva436
    Infratil's NZ Bus has awarded its Auckland supply contract to British manufacturer Alexander Dennis, which says it will use the contract as a springboard into local manufacturing.

"Our aim is not simply to supply buses to New Zealand, but to become an active player in the county's manufacturing sector," said Alexander Dennis chief executive Colin Robertson in a statement.

NZ Bus will pay £25 million for 120 of Alexander Dennis's single-deck Enviro200 midi buses. That's the single-biggest investment since the Wellington-based infrastructure investment company acquired the public transport operator in 2005, and could lead to further deals in coming years.

The first of the 55-seat vehicles will arrive in time for the Rugby World Cup this year, with the remainder progressively introduced over the following 12 months.

"This is much more than just an important contract," said Robertson.

"It is the start of a significant business relationship that has the potential to see us deliver a further 200 to 300 buses into New Zealand in the next three to four years - and to use the location as a springboard into other territories, notably Australia,"

NZ Bus reviewed 38 options from nearly 30 manufacturers in New Zealand, Australia, China, Brazil and across Europe.

Alexander Dennis' Robertson said the manufacturer's buses will be shipped in parts to New Zealand, where Tauranga-based Kiwi Bus Builders will assemble the kit-sets.

NZ Bus representatives weren't available for comment.

Infratil shares were unchanged at $1.94 in trading today, and climbed 21 per cent last year.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by belgarion View Post
    Results out mid-may. Should be interesting as we'll see how the Shell aquisition is going. Current price action is a cause for concern however.
    They should also announce what they are doing with the Shell brand shortly. Costing $10m a year but creating a new brand isn't cheap and has lots of risk.

Not an announcement as such, but in today's news:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/indu...d-fuels-change

Ignorant. Just ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by CJ View Post
    They should also announce what they are doing with the Shell brand shortly. Costing $10m a year but creating a new brand isn't cheap and has lots of risk.
    Challenge - Fletcher Energy (remember them ?) managed it quite successfully with Challenge ?

Would be a boost for the local signwriting industry, that's for sure . . . .

IMO

If they do choose to adopt a new brand they will have an op to create a strong iconic unique NZ one and hopefully not a lookalike (eg skytower). Visions of large bright paua design signs and or pounamu green, golden kauri colours / textures etc.Not some plain primary colour motif but something organically kiwi. My ulterior motive is for my warrants whiich i cleverly(not) switched from IFT shares at the top, get up passed the conversion price and back in the money ,sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    ... My ulterior motive is for my warrants whiich i cleverly(not) switched from IFT shares at the top, get up passed the conversion price and back in the money ,sigh.
    Yes, i sighed too some time ago & decided to just pay up & convert my IFTWBs, at least the shares give the dividend. Still sitting on the WCs (no pun intended) - their conversion price could keep them out of the money a decade+!
    I'm still happy to hold a lot of IFT, but its amazing how the longterm holding builds up - for some time i've been looking for a chance to profitably trim it back a bit.

IMO

Good to hear belgarion and WC's holding @.oo6c sharer. New logo to replace shell looks good too and it is in golden KAURI GUM colours i like that.

wow I missed the Z announcement til now.... is that a sign it didnt work too well?

Guru

Peat - or that you live in a cave? The Z launch was well covered in the news and with very long ads. Once the rebranding actually happens you should know about it.

There was debate about whether a brand that you have to tell people who to pronounce it is a good brand. But remember it is a very big company and will become common language in NZ. The 'kiwi' story will also make it do well.

Very encouraging financial results out in the paper today.
    Hmm ... think i'll put them all back in the bottom drawer'

The energy businesses everywhere are doing well (again).
    But still doubtful whether they can profitably run airports outside NZ.