sharetrader
Page 107 of 341 FirstFirst ... 75797103104105106107108109110111117157207 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 3405

Thread: IFT - Infratil

Thought you guys would be discussing the effect of the passing of Lloyd Morrisson by now.
    A brilliant investor and manager who was able to think laterally, outside the box, upside down and every which way.

A commercially penetrating brain who was able to find constructive ideas and large profits out of nowhere and who was probably paid rather less than Tony Marryatt.

Where can Ift find a replacement even half as good as him?

Oops, apologies Shasta, I see you beat me to it!
    Last edited by Major von Tempsky; 10-02-2012 at 05:20 PM.

Gutted,

Presidential potential.

Go Phoenix, IFT, Morrison Family & a whole lot more that we don't know about & sadly never came to fruition.
    Rgds

Guru

He is a great loss to the country. A good business man, spoke up for things he beleive in (new flag), generous to his choosen charities. NZ needs more like him. I feel many business people dont speak up as their views may get mixed up with their companies. Since his company was His, this wasn't an issue.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by CJ View Post
    NZ needs more like him. I feel many business people dont speak up as their views may get mixed up with their companies. Since his company was His, this wasn't an issue.
    That's very true, but unfortunately that kind of thing just dosent sit well with the majority of New Zealanders. Outspoken people, no matter if they are right or wrong get frowned at due to our conservative nature. It's that winning attitude we struggle with, instead just like to get a long and keep everyone happy. The attitude is quite different across the ditch and even more so in the states. We actually punish it, in laughing at people for it, calling them a "try hard".

It really is a horrible tendency we have, and if you look at any part of NZ society you will see a flavor of it. Keeping it topical, I suppose the high dividend/low reinvestment nature of our NZX companies is one example.

So Morrison was 'un common', something we should aim for. Being common or following the herd will eventually push your performance towards the mean, Morrison was uncommon and did very well. Munger has a bucket loads of great quotes and thoughts on the topic, one of my favorites is "I’m right, and you’re smart, and sooner or later you’ll see I’m right".

Guru

IFT is trading above 1.90, a level it hasn't broken through for the past 6 months. Given TPW is down, it seems a bit weird. Anything I have missed in teh news (I think they have agreed landing charges for Wellington Airport).
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by CJ View Post
    Given TPW is down, it seems a bit weird.
    Trustpower isnt down on my chart - I was just thinking its broken out of its triangle on the upside!
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Wink Hope for those IFTWC Yet

I notice that IFT closed at the $2 mark today. A closing price previous seen 14 months ago and last bettered on the 22-Oct-2009.

Depending upon your definition of an uptrend this has been slowly crawling up since either Apr-2009 or Aug-2011.

So maybe those $4.25 warrants will be in the money by 29-Jun (this year)!

best wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Red face Exercise is Over-Rated

Very sad announcement

IFT
    30/05/2012 16:30
    EXERCISE

REL: 1630 HRS Infratil Limited

EXERCISE: IFT: Infratil Warrants To Expire Unexercised

Free warrants issued by Infratil to shareholders in 2007 expire 29 June 2012.

Until their expiry the warrants entitle the holder to buy one Infratil share for each warrant held. The price at which the share may be purchased is$4.12.

Given that Infratil shares can be purchased at a substantial discount to the warrant exercise price, no exercise of the warrants is anticipated.

A copy of the warrant prospectus and other information about the warrants is available on http://www.infratil.com/content/view/1943/120/
    End CA:00223427 For:IFT Type:EXERCISE Time:2012-05-30 16:30:57
    in mourning
    Paper Tiger
    Last edited by Snow Leopard; 30-05-2012 at 05:48 PM. Reason: minor loss of formatting
    om mani peme hum

share price would appear to have completed a 5 wave move upwards now.....
    looking forward to the correction for a further buy opportunity
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Veteran novice

Radio reports today speculate(?) that Snapper card will be red-carded from the Auckland transport scene. If so, it's not good news for its parent company. As the effective "live" date for integration of the systems was sometime in November, one can only assume that milestone stages havn't been achieved - but that's more speculation - on my part, this time.

Disc: Holding IFT.