sharetrader
Page 131 of 341 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141181231 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 3401

Thread: IFT - Infratil

Banned

Saville selling, now Petagna.
    https://nzx.com/files/attachments/206950.pdf

Advanced Member

Somehow someone knew about this and drove the price up before close. Leaky leaky
    https://www.anzsecurities.co.nz/Dire...spx?id=3839467

yeah kinda strange, saw lots of little purchases constantly pushing the price up... like algo-bots????

Missed by that much

Nice results posted this morning https://www.nzx.com/companies/IFT/announcements/264465 . A total divy of 14.4 cps to be paid next month, and forecast growth to continue. I'm happy with my small parcel.

Advanced Member

Great result and slowly creeping up to become my biggest holding on the NZX.

Guru

So does the change from a share buyback to a special dividend reflect that they think their shareprice is overheated, or just the fact they have surplus IC's which can be distributed?

Gearing is very conservative so they could have done both.

I wonder where their next big investment will be. With a play in the retirement sector in NZ and Australia now, I assume they have that covered so need newer pastures, unless they plan to do roll up in Australia in preparation of a partial IPO.

PPP's in NZ have be very slow to eventuate as have irrigation projects, two areas where they have been looking. EDIT: Interestingly, I went to a talk recently and Aucklnd Transport is quite keen to do a PPP to fund trams in Auckland. Given this will take routes off NZBus, it posses both an opportunity and a threat and no doubt IFT would like to be in the drivers seat (pun intended).
    Last edited by Harvey Specter; 19-05-2015 at 10:46 AM.

PE of 4.6. Share price discount on tangible assets of around 20%. Giving great returns to shareholders and profit guidance for next year meant to be strong. Am I missing something or is IFT a winner every day of the week

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
    So does the change from a share buyback to a special dividend reflect that they think their shareprice is overheated, or just the fact they have surplus IC's which can be distributed?

Gearing is very conservative so they could have done both.

I wonder where their next big investment will be. With a play in the retirement sector in NZ and Australia now, I assume they have that covered so need newer pastures, unless they plan to do roll up in Australia in preparation of a partial IPO.

PPP's in NZ have be very slow to eventuate as have irrigation projects, two areas where they have been looking. EDIT: Interestingly, I went to a talk recently and Aucklnd Transport is quite keen to do a PPP to fund trams in Auckland. Given this will take routes off NZBus, it posses both an opportunity and a threat and no doubt IFT would like to be in the drivers seat (pun intended).
    I am not sure how much bearing the hostility between Infratil and AT over Snapper will have though.

Given the Super Spending City rates have been yanked up way over the rate of inflation, one would think that they will be seeking lots of private input into the infrastructure and utilities projects needed to sustain a prosperous growing city. Infratil could be there from cradle to grave.

Quote Originally Posted by benjitara View Post
    PE of 4.6. Share price discount on tangible assets of around 20%. Giving great returns to shareholders and profit guidance for next year meant to be strong. Am I missing something or is IFT a winner every day of the week
    that's a question I have asked myself a number of times as I have slowly accumulated IFT. Special divvy is a nice little sweetener, but really you'd have to say this is as solid as you get right now.

Guru

Happy holder,50 % of portfolio,great cornerstone investment IMO
    "How does an 18.4 per cent a year after tax compound return sound?

Most would be pretty pleased to achieve that on any given year, however early Infratil investors have enjoyed this compounded annual return over the company's 21 year existence

The sell downs have allowed Infratil the luxury of making capital returns to shareholders on top of the usual dividend, the combined total of which is approximately 47 cents a share before tax in the last financial year, or a gross yield of almost 15 per cent."

The sell downs have allowed Infratil the luxury of making capital returns to shareholders on top of the usual dividend, the combined total of which is approximately 47 cents a share before tax in the last financial year, or a gross yield of almost 15 per cent.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/mone...-view-infratil